- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I accidentally updated the wrong story with this chapter so whoops. If you noticed, no you didn't. 

It isn’t often that Jim can say that Michael had a good idea. It’s even less often that Jim can say that Michael executed that idea just as well as he says he will. But, today, he has to give it to him. The murder game was what everyone needed to get their minds off of the possibility of losing their jobs, including him. And he’s grateful for that.

He won’t lie though when he says that his favorite part of the game was just watching Pam go along with it all. She knows Michael, knew that he wanted to play this game in order to keep everyone calm, and even if she thought it was stupid, she supported him. He loves her for that. 

Well, maybe that wasn’t his actual favorite part. He loves that Pam loves Michael, but what he loved even more was her southern accent. When she took on her character, even he was able to forget about the bad news for a minute. 

And even though he wasn’t a fan of the game at first, he can’t help but continue putting on the accent while making comments on the drive home. 

He takes her hand as they walk to their front door and after opening it for her, he bows and puts on his own southern drawl, “Ladies first, I do declare.”

She giggles and offers a small curtsey, “Why thank you, Mr. Halpert.”

He follows her inside and helps her take off her coat before removing his. “And what may a pretty lady like you have planned for this evening?”

“Hmm,” she hums, walking towards him, “I do believe my betrothed promised me only the finest dining that Scranton here has to offer.”

“He surely must have meant Alfredo’s Pizza Cafe, then.”

“I believe you are right, I do declare.”

He laughs and then leans down and kisses her quickly, “I’ll order while you pick out a movie?”



Jim chuckles and hands Pam another tissue as the ending credits of The Blind Side start rolling. She laughs at herself as she wipes her eyes. “Why did I pick this movie?”

“You must be in the mood for southern accents today.”

She leans back against the couch. “I do love a good accent.”

“Yeah?” She nods in response and then stands to clear their dishes from the coffee table. Before she can get far though, he comes up behind her and takes the plates from her hands. Her eyebrow slightly raises at him and he grins as he says in his own southern accent, “Let me get those for you, darlin’.”

She giggles, “You know I already love you without the accent, right?”

He puts the dishes in the sink before turning back to her, “Well, perhaps this will make you love me a little more.”

She wraps her arms around his back once he gets close enough to her and switches to her accent, “Mmm, I do not think that is possible, I do declare.”

His hands find her waist. “I do believe it’s worth a shot, my dear.”

She leans up and kisses him, her hands sliding up his back as he pulls her closer to him. 

“You know,” she says after a moment, her face still so close to his, “I was talking to Naughty Nellie earlier and–”

He looks at her confused, almost forgetting their little game, “Who?”

“Erin. She got really into her character and did some research. She found some pretty interesting things that they did back then.”

“Yeah? Like what?”

She pecks his lips before abruptly turning and starts towards the bedroom, “I’d rather show you.”

He quickly follows her and as his lips meet hers again while they sink into the bed, he silently thanks Michael for the murder in Savannah.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans