- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story set in the universe where the documentary aired shortly after it was filmed.

Pam didn’t leave the bathroom for a bit too long.

Usually, Jim would’ve been there, with a glass of water and soft, reassuring words (‘shhh, it’s gonna be better, babe,’ ‘no, you’re NOT gross,’ ‘here, let me help you with your hair’). But not this time.

In the other room, he measured the space with his restless strides, a phone pressed to his ear.

‘...yes. Yes. This morning.’

His hand flew to his hair impatiently.

‘Last week. And a fortnight ago. No, we don’t keep those.’

Pause.

‘Are you kidding me?.. Sorry, sorry. No, I don’t know who…’ 

He heard the sound of flushing water and spoke to his invisible interlocutor.

‘I’ll call you back. Yes, thank you. We’ll be.’

He hid the phone just a moment before Pam walked in, pale and still quivering.

‘How are you feeling?’ Jim’s voice was full of concern as he stepped closer to his fiancée and took her hands.

‘It’s just morning sickness, nothing that I haven’t had before,’ her white lips stretched in a ghostly smile. ‘Nothing to worry about.’

She lied. 

And he knew that she lied. 

But instead of calling her out on her lies, he pulled her into his embrace. He felt as her tight shoulders relaxed a little, felt her chest rise and fall, letting out a sigh, and his arms tightened around her petite frame. Pam let out another sigh, sounding more like a sob, and he planted a gentle kiss on the top of her head. 

He knew that she lied because the source of her disturbance was in his pocket, a crumpled piece of paper, saved by him from a trashcan and sprinkled with ugly paper cut letters.

youRe a cheAting wHore. I hoPe you and your bastard wIll rot in hEll.

It was the third one.

The third one that he knew of.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm going to continue this story.

Someday. 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans