- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not claim ownership of anything related to "The Office".

The music washes over her, and it sounds like the musical embodiment of him: sweet, soft, warm, and she feels herself aching to be closer to him. This evening spent with Jim just reminds her so much of what she could have if she just had the courage, and she doesn't want it to be over just yet. So she inches closer to him, leaning in with her head bowed, listening and swaying and watching his leg bounce to the music.

She finds his hand at her elbow, just resting there, and her breath hitches just a little. Her cheeks turn red, and she's suddenly afraid to look up at him. So she stays still, feeling the warmth radiating from his body and smelling his familiar scent as his hand rests at her bent elbow.

And then his hand is moving. Fingers crawling. So, so slowly. It pauses, curled around her ribcage. He had moved so slowly, she almost wouldn't have noticed it if she hadn't been concentrating on it so hard. She thinks the song may have changed, but she can't really tell with her heart pounding in her ears the way it is. She places her opposite hand at his waist, inside his jacket, her other hand still hanging at her side.

Time slows to a pause for a moment, and then they sway together; she reaches her other hand up to his waist. She dares a glance up at him, and her hands tighten into fists at his sides, pulling at handfuls of his shirt. His eyes are full of desire and love, and she's never seen him look at her quite like that, and she wants to cry.

But she doesn't.

She giggles softly instead, smiling as she slides her hands up and wraps her arms around his neck, feeling his arms gather her to him. Her whole body is stretched against his, and her head is tucked against his neck.

They begin to sway together again, wrapped up in each other, and there they share their first dance.



PuffingNoise is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked First Dance also liked 708 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans