- Text Size +

"They've been in there for 45 minutes," Jim told Pam as they watched Meredith and Michael talk in the office.


"I know. If she wasn't an alcoholic before, she is now," she said earning a chuckle from Jim, "so how's your little assignment going?"


"You have to help me," he pleaded with her, "it's like every time I try to tell her, something crazy always happens."


"Maybe you're not trying hard enough," she joked, "you are kind of a slacker."


"Pam, I literally tried telling her an hour ago and Meredith was suddenly on fire and then I tried to tell her after that but Michael suddenly decided to do an intervention. I tried to whisper it to her during the intervention but she just went on and on about the time she went on spring break with her college friends. I don't think she even knew we were having an intervention. It's just so—"


And then he heard it again.


"I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum." 


"Dwight! Enough with the goddamn song already," Pam could feel Jim getting stressed out by the way he raised his voice. Feeling bad for not being of any help to his situation, she rubbed him gently on the arm.


"Hey, come on baby. You're lashing out at Dwight for no reason."


"Yes, little Jimmy," Dwight continued to mock him, "I'm just singing this little song to myself. Geez, if I knew this was all it took to get you riled up, I would have done this years ago."


After shooting Dwight a death glare, she nudged Jim in the arm and said, "Let's go. We'll tell her together."


Breathing a sigh of relief, Jim kissed Pam on the forehead before standing up and heading for the kitchen door. At that time, they passed by Angela and Phyllis who were in a middle of an argument. It seemed that their party-planning related feud had reached its boiling point. Seeing it as none of their concern, they continued walking and before they could reach the door, they ran into a fuming Katy.


"Hey, what happened?" Pam asked in concern.


"Oh my God, I was just catching up with Toby back in the annex since I felt bad for him. And then his hand started rubbing my knee! I mean, who does that?!"


Jim and Pam stared at each other, thinking about the same incident that occurred when they got locked outside the office.


"Anyway, I think I just need another drink. Jim, we should go to Poor Richard's. You should come with us too, Pam. When is Roy coming?"


"Oh," Pam said, "I should probably tell you that—"


"Angela's having sex with Dwight!" they all heard Phyllis scream. Upon turning around, they saw Angela dead in her tracks, "I caught them doing it after Toby's going away party."


"Well, don't look so surprised," Dwight addressed everyone staring at him.


Jim looked down on the ground in defeat, having missed another chance to tell Katy when all of a sudden, he heard Pam shout out, "Jim and I are engaged!"


Jim lifted his head up and saw Katy looking stunned by the announcement. He felt Pam interlacing her fingers with his and he couldn't help but let out a huge smile.


"We know Pam," Stanley said without taking his eyes off his crossword puzzle, "Jim told us months ago."


"Oh, I just thought you should all know again… for some reason."


"Oh, you guys are engaged?" Katy asked, the shock in her face still evident.


"Yeah, we've been dating for some time now and well, I proposed to her two months ago. Look, I'm sorry. We really did try telling you and—"


"Oh, no. It's okay… it's just…congratulations!" she extended her arms and gave Pam a tight yet awkward hug before doing the same to Jim, "I'm sooooo happy for the two of you."


"Thank you," Jim said with a sheepish smile, "I really hope we didn't take you by surprise."


"Oh no, not at all. Not at all. I'm really happy for the two of you. I think I said that already?" she took out her phone and started typing, "Oh my God. My friend had a food related emergency. I need to pick her up from the ER. Rain check on Poor Richard's?"

"Yeah, of course," Pam said, "I hope your friend's okay."


After saying her goodbyes, Katy grabbed her coat from reception and left the office. Jim then wrapped her arms around Pam's waist and gave her the most passionate kiss that he could.


"There's no mistletoe above us."


"I know… I just love you so much," he said before leaning in for another kiss.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans