- Text Size +

"That was a crazy night," Pam said as they rode the elevator hand in hand.


"That's a very big understatement," Jim kissed her on the forehead. Upon exiting the building, he could see Pam's eyes beaming with glee upon seeing a two horses carrying a red sleigh decorated with Christmas lights coming towards them. At the driver's seat was a stone-faced Dwight.


"Oh my God," Pam could barely utter out, "what is this?"


"Well, I wanted something crazy to happen tonight. So how about we take a stroll around the city… or however far Dwight can take us."


"Already taken care of," Dwight said, "we can take an approved route going to Schrute Farms and from there, you can watch the most beautiful fireworks display while enjoying a glass of our very famous beet wine."


"You did this all for me?" she looked up at Jim and couldn't be more in love with the man in front of him.


"And it cost him a fortune," Dwight interrupted once more, "good luck finding a nice school for your children."


"Thanks Dwight," Jim then let go of her hand and opened the carriage door, "shall we begin the trip milady?"


It didn't take long for Pam to fall asleep on Jim's shoulder. Not that he complained. He never stopped loving it since the first time it happened four years ago. It was even more beautiful now that they were quietly strolling along the streets of Dunder Mifflin with Dwight humming to the tune of his favorite Christmas song.


"I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum." 


"Hey, Dwight."


"Yeah?" he looked behind him, anticipating to get chastised once more for his singing.


"Merry Christmas. I'm sure things will work out with Angela in the end."


"Okay, whatever. And I'm sure you'll be in debt this year thanks to that stupid investment on your house. Merry Christmas, idiot," he mocked him again. Unbeknownst to Jim, he let out a huge smile as he continued navigating the horses to his farm.


Upon arrival, Dwight with the help of Mose, untied the horses from their sleigh and left the couple be in order to prepare the fireworks. Jim quietly looked up at the glowing moon, thankful for every moment that he had with Pam. It was not an easy ride for either of them, but having her beside him peacefully asleep on his shoulder made it all worth it and he couldn't wait for the day that he would call her his wife.


He gently placed her lips on her forehead, something that he always loved to do to wake her up, and he watched her slowly open her eyes.


"Did I fall asleep?"


"Yeah."


"Are we at the farm already?"


"Yeah."


"Was I snoring?


"Yeah."


"Really?" she narrowed her eyes at him.


"No," he laughed, "but I'd still love you even if you did."


"Good, because I still love you even though you snore like a gorilla."


"Oh, come on. That was one time."


"It's every time, Jim."


She snuggled in closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her. Eventually, the first set of fireworks shot up the sky and it was a beautiful display. Jim had been surprised throughout the entire night, but Pam had to admit that he still had his own way of surprising her even to this day. 


"Merry Christmas, Jim," she excitedly gave him a kiss which he returned with the same intensity, "I love you."


"I love you more."

 

"Not possible."


Chapter End Notes:

My recipe:

Moroccan Christmas and getting wishes

A misunderstanding

Toby

an ER visit 

a horse drawn sleigh (There has to be at least one crazy one, right?

Ex-gf or ex-bf

a song/carol played over and over

 



Robert Dunder is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked One Wish for the Holidays also liked 1062 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2021. The previous story in the series is Life speaks kindly when we meet and part. The next story in the series is A Dunder Mifflin Hanukkah.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans