- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is set in season nine between Paper Airplane and Livin' The Dream.

Wednesday April 28th, 2013

Pam: Should we ask Angela to come out tonight?

Meredith: Why would we do that?

Pam: Because she's having a hard time at the moment, and she could probably use a friend.

Meredith: But it's Angela...

Pam: I know, but I'm sure she needs a break. It can't be easy in that studio she just moved into and being a newly single mom.

Pam's head snapped up from where she was texting Meredith, her phone hidden under her desk and turned to look at Meredith. She raised an eyebrow and motioned toward the accounting department. Meredith firmly shook her head as she put her phone back on her desk. Pam nodded her head again, more forcefully. Meredith rolled her eyes, sighed and pushed herself up out of her chair. She walked over to Angela's desk and stood there until Angela finally snapped.

"What?" Angela shouted, clearly frazzled.

"Uhh, Pam and I are going for a drink later. Wanna come?" Meredith reluctantly asked Angela  

"Why would I want to do that?" Angela snapped back.

"Because, because," Meredith said, looking around her as if trying to find the answer. Pam saw her and came over.

"Because we have a fun time and chat about mom stuff and drink," Pam quickly filled in. "It's nice to have someone to vent with." Pam smiled slightly at Meredith.

Angela visibly relaxed and seemed to be considering taking Pam and Meredith up on their offer. "Well, I don't have anyone to watch Philip even if I did want to come out with you two," she said, somewhat disappointed.

"What about if we came over to you?" Pam suggested. Meredith shrugged and nodded. "We could bring some wine and chips, and then you don't need to worry about a sitter." Pam wrung her hands together, almost hopefully.

Angela was silent for a moment. "Ok," she said quietly. "Come over after 8pm. I'll text you both my address."

--

Pam groaned the next morning as she woke up to the sound of a crying child. She was pretty sure it was Philip, but her head was so fuzzy, she wasn't quite sure. 

"I'll go," Jim said, yawning and pushing the covers off of his body.

"Thanks," Pam managed to croak out. She watched him shuffle out of the room, before rolling over and picking up her phone. She saw a notification for a WhatsApp group that Meredith had created last night and added her to, called ‘Tired Mom's Club' with a bottle of wine as its icon.

Meredith: So did you do it to him when you got home?

Pam groaned and put the phone back on her nightstand. She covered her eyes in embarrassment at the conversation, one of the many conversations, that had been shared last night after the first bottle of wine had disappeared. She put her phone back down again and pulled the covers over her head. 

--

Pam had been sitting at her desk, nursing a coffee when her phone buzzed. Jim looked up at the disturbance and smiled an easy smile over to her as she reached for the phone. Upon seeing the notification on the homescreen, she immediately flushed red and hid her phone under her desk to open it. 

Meredith: Pam, don't leave us hanging.

Angela: Can we please save this until after work? I do not want to discuss Jim Halpert's penis in the office. Thank you very much.

Meredith: You were happy to discuss it last night

Angela: I wasn't that happy. You forced us into it.

Meredith: So come on Pam. Did you do it? I know he'll like it

Pam: I'm with Angela, we can't discuss it here. I feel bad enough already that we were talking about it.

Meredith: Hey, that's what we're here for. Talk about the men, or lack of, in our lives. Moan about how tough we have it as working moms. Declare our love for our little shits of kids. And drink liquor to forget about it all. 

Pam: Ok, well, then let's forget about it until next Wednesday alright?

Angela: What's next Wednesday?

Pam: Oh, me and Meredith go for a drink every Wednesday. It's kinda become our thing we do. 

Meredith: Except last week when Jim stayed home and Miss Runs Back to her Man, ran back to her man.

Pam: Meredith, we've been over this. There was no way I could come out that night. We had so much to talk about. And things are good now.

Meredith: Yeah you told us just how good last night. 

Pam snapped her phone shut and threw it onto the desk, incredibly embarrassed at the conversation that was playing out on her phone, just inches from where Jim was sitting. 

"You ok Beesly?" he asked her, eyebrows knitted together slightly. 

"Oh, um, yeah, all good," she tried to smile back. "I'll be right back." She grabbed her phone and hurried to the bathroom.

Pam: Oh god, please don't say anything. I'm so embarrassed.

Angela: It is vulgar. I will not be thinking about or repeating what you told us Meredith. 

Meredith: Hell no! It's gonna be HOT.

Pam: Meredith!

Meredith: But what is said in TMC, stays in TMC. 

Pam breathed a sigh of relief as she looked in the mirror. She puffed out her cheeks, but then giggled slightly, remembering the conversation last night. Just then, the door to the women's bathroom swung open, and Angela walked in.

"Oh, um, hi," Pam said, her embarrassment returning to her flushed face. 

"Pam," Angela nodded curtly.

"You know, um," Pam tried to say, twisting her engagement ring around her finger by the stone. "What I said..." 

"There's no need," Angela interrupted, before walking into a still. "We can discuss it next Wednesday," she added quietly, before closing the door.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans