- Text Size +

"Ok, so how did you do it?" Jim asked the next morning when he walked into Cece's room to find Pam comforting Cece in the rocking chair.

"Do what?" she asked innocently, looking up at him.

"You know, the whole ghost thing," he said expectantly as he folded his arms and cocked his  head to the side.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she replied, looking down at Cece in her arms, as a slight blush crept up her neck. 

"Beesly, are you about to break a wedding vow?" he asked, in mock shock. "I thought we were always going to tell each other about pranks. That's what we promised at least." He watched her flinch ever so slightly. "Plus, I found this in the pile of laundry," he said smugly, holding up the small projector. "So?" he asked again, his eyebrows raised in anticipation. 

Pam tried to stare up at Jim as cooly as she could, but couldn't help the smile that was breaking across her face.  She sighed with a small giggle. "Well, you were so adamant that ghosts didn't exist, so I just wanted to see what would happen if you thought there was one in the house," she began to explain with a grin. "It was actually Hocus Pocus that gave me the idea to give you a little scare. And it was pretty easy really, I mean you bringing the projector home was just the cherry on top." 

"Go on," Jim said, with a rolling gesture of his hand.

"So you know those lightbulbs you bought for my mom last week?" she asked, and he nodded. "They were faulty, and anytime an appliance gets turned on, they blow apparently. So when I came early yesterday, I changed a few of the bulbs out." She saw Jim open his mouth as if to lecture her about climbing on a stepladder at almost 8 months pregnant, and quickly shut him down. "I was totally fine, I was really careful climbing up onto the ladder and it was just for a second. But anyway, later on it was just a case of asking you well timed questions and turning the kettle and the CD player on without you noticing."

"And the curtain?"

"That was the little fan," she smiled, clearly proud of herself. She passed Cece up to Jim to hold so that she could push herself up from the rocking chair. "I just put it behind our wedding photo and then when I went to ‘investigate'," she said with air quotes, "I just turned it off."

"Ohh. Nice work," he smiled, before bending down to give Cece a kiss. "What about the stuff that was moved around?"

"Oh yeah, no idea. Pretty sure that was Cece," she laughed. "Worked out pretty well though." She took Cece back and went to place her on the changing table to change her diaper.

"So safe to say, while it was a good prank, I most definitely don't believe in ghosts," Jim said with a grin as he folded his arms against his chest and leaned against the wall. Just then, a door slammed from down the hall, causing both him and Pam to jump in shock.

"Sure about that?" she asked with a giggle and a raised eyebrow.



MrsKHalpert is the author of 37 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost also liked 982 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Ghost stories. The previous story in the series is Marley's Chains.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans