- Text Size +

It wasn't the first thing she noticed, but it was all Pam could look at in her embarrassment. The morning after their first date, the alarm clock woke Jim and Pam from their slumber with groans. After a night of very little sleep, the beeping that awoke them was less than welcome, and it also brought with it the reality of needing to be at Dunder Mifflin within the next two hours.

"Do we really have to go to work today?" Jim moaned into Pam's hair as he spooned her from behind, his arms wrapped tightly around her. 

"I really wish we didn't," Pam said with a pout as she tickled her fingers up and down Jim's arm that was across her stomach, "but Michael is having a call with Ryan this afternoon and he wants me to do his hair and make up for it." 

"For a phone call?" Jim laughed.

"I know, I know," Pam groaned, turning in Jim's arms to face him. "I tried to tell him, but he said that he wants to make the best impression on Ryan now that he's his boss, and that he would be able to tell, even through the phone." 

"Well, sounds like your day is going to be fun then. At least more fun than my day anyway," he sighed, thinking about the expense reports that needed to be filled in and the cold calls that he needed to make. "How about we stay here just a little longer?" he suggested, pulling the cover over their heads, but Pam stopped him.

"I really want to," she said, giving him a small chaste kiss, which Jim immediately tried to deepen. She relented for a few moments, before regretfully putting her hand on Jim's bare chest to push him away. "But you need to take me home so I can shower and get changed before work." 

"You could shower here," he said with a smirk.

"Yeah I don't think that's a good idea," she laughed. "We'd never make it to work."

"Is that such a bad thing?" he asked, moving back in to kiss her, but she ducked out of the way. 

"Come on, don't make this harder than it is," she warned. The corners of Jim's mouth turned up ever so slightly and Pam could see what he was about to say. "And don't even think about saying that."

Jim just laughed, before pressing a kiss to Pam's forehead. "Alright, alright," he sighed. "How about I grab a quick shower, and then take you home?"

"You might want to get dressed after the shower," she grinned.

"Ok smarty pants," Jim said, reaching under the covers to tickle Pam. 

"Stop!" she squealed. "But yes, that sounds like a plan. Ok, I'm gonna grab a little more sleep while you shower."

"So unfair," he groaned as he pulled the cover back and jumped out of bed. Pam gulped slightly as she watched Jim walk naked across his room to the bathroom, unable to tear her eyes away from his ass. "If you want any juice or tea or anything, just help yourself," Jim called as he reached the bathroom door. 

"Mhmm," Pam answered through pursed lips as she shot her eyes up to the ceiling, feeling herself flush at what she had had just been doing. Which was silly, she knew, because she could look. She had looked. And felt. And squeezed. But that was all under the cover of darkness and first date giddiness. In the harsh light of the morning she felt a little shyer, a little more cautious, a little more aware of the transition that they were making from best friends to more than that.

Pam tried to close her eyes, tried to sleep, but she just couldn't. She could hear the sound of the shower and couldn't stop thinking about Jim standing under the hot water, it pouring all over his body as he ran his hands through his wet hair and over his chest and stomach, lathering up his body wash. She really wished that she'd given in and had the shower with him. Top five regrets of her life. Pam had sat up and was just debating whether she should actually go and join him, when the door opened and Jim walked out.

Pam felt her heart stop. She didn't know where to look. 

He smiled an easy smile, totally oblivious to what he was doing to her, and walked over to his chest of drawers before he began rifling through the top drawer. Pam watched him as he bent over, drops of water falling from his still wet hair to his broad shoulders. Her eyes were transfixed on the droplet as it rolled from his shoulder, down his smooth back and hit the navy blue towel that was slung low around his waist. As he turned, she came face to face with the blue fabric where it covered his crotch, and she quickly lowered her eyes to the hem of the towel, where it hung around his shins. She concentrated on the patten around the edge of the towel, trying desperately hard not to think about what was underneath. 

"You ok there?" Jim asked, walking over to Pam, causing her eyes to travel up the towel slightly, landing on the tucked in knot of fabric below his left hip. 

"Um," was all she could say as her eyes swept across to the trail of hair disappearing from his belly button underneath the towel. 

"Beesly," he laughed, "I said are you ok? You're looking a little warm."

"Oh, um, yeah, no, I'm good," she lied, feeling her face flush even more. 

"Yeah right," he smirked. "What's going on?" He sat down on the bed, causing the edge of the towel that had been tightly tucked in to fall loose. 

"It's, um, it's your towel," she finally said.

"My towel?" he guffawed, standing up, but with the towel now untucked, it fell away from Jim's hips. He caught it, holding it to his body with one hand over his groin. His lightly toned stomach clenched slightly as he grabbed the towel, causing his muscles to flex. Pam groaned and fell backwards onto the bed, pulling the covers over her head. "What?" he asked as he tucked the towel back around his hips. "I don't get it."

"You just look really good in it," Pam's muffled reply came from under Jim's comforter. 

Jim blushed as he ducked his head and tried to bite his smile back. He pulled back the cover slightly so that he could just see the top of Pam's head and her eyes. "You know, you look pretty good in my sheets."

"Wow," Pam giggled, "that was so cheesy." She pulled the comforter lower and tucked it under her arms so that it just covered her chest. "So, um," she began, the blush already rising on her cheeks, "I think we're gonna be a little late for work if we stop at mine."

"I think you should probably shower here, don't you?" he said, leaning down to kiss her. 

"Probably," she whispered against his lips.  

"Wanna borrow my towel?"  

"Maybe we could share?" she shrugged with a smile.  

"Absolutely we can," he said, pulling Pam up from the bed. 

Just before Jim scooped her up to carry her to the bathroom, Pam tugged on the towel where it was tucked snuggly against his hip. As the heavy material hit the floor with a thud, Pam smiled to herself knowing that this was the first of many, many nice mornings to come. 

Chapter End Notes:

Ok, maybe this one was for me, more than for you WithaY. But wet Jim is my favourite Jim. 

Ignore the bandage, here's the towel

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans