- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This prompt was: "Write a romantic story about Jim and Pam from the office in the style of a Nora Ephron screenplay" (I'm going to try and get more inventive with these!). Title generated by the GPT bot. The layout and scene directions also generated by the bot. 

FADE IN:

EXT. DUNDER MIFFLIN - DAY

JIM HALPERT, a charming salesman, walks out of Dunder Mifflin with a stack of papers in his hand. Suddenly, he sees PAM BEESLY, a receptionist, walking towards him.

JIM (sarcastic) Oh, hey Pam. Fancy seeing you here.

PAM (smiling) Very funny, Jim.

They walk together towards their cars.

JIM So, what are your plans for tonight?

PAM (sighs) I don't really have any plans. What about you?

JIM (grinning) I was hoping you'd say that. I have a surprise for you.

PAM (skeptical) A surprise? What kind of surprise?

JIM (winking) It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?

Pam looks at Jim, curious and a little bit excited.

 

CUT TO:

INT. JIM'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

Jim's apartment is lit with candles, and a romantic dinner is set up on the table. Jim and Pam sit across from each other, smiling.

PAM (surprised) Jim, this is amazing. You didn't have to do all this.

JIM (grinning) I wanted to do something special for you. You deserve it.

They clink their glasses and start eating. The conversation is light and easy, and they laugh at each other's jokes.

 

CUT TO:

INT. JIM'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Jim and Pam are lying in bed, looking at each other.

JIM (sighs) I just want to stay here with you forever.

PAM (smiling) I know. But we have to go to work tomorrow.

JIM (grinning) I don't care. I just want to be with you.

They kiss, and the camera pans out as they cuddle.

 

FADE TO:

INT. DUNDER MIFFLIN - DAY

Jim and Pam walk into the office, holding hands. Everyone looks at them, surprised.

DWIGHT (sarcastic) Well, well, well. Look who's finally together.

JIM (grinning) Yeah, Dwight. We are.

PAM (smiling) And we couldn't be happier.

The camera pans out as they walk towards their desks, still holding hands.

 

FADE TO:

EXT. DUNDER MIFFLIN - DAY

Jim and Pam walk out of Dunder Mifflin, smiling.

PAM (grinning) So, what surprise do you have for me tonight?

JIM (winking) That's for me to know and you to find out.

They walk away, hand in hand, as the camera pans out.

FADE OUT.

THE END.

Chapter End Notes:

Somehow this series of mini-stories ended up creating a bit of controversy in certain quarters and there was a subsequent discussion on the MTT Discord, with NLM clarifying that I should continued to post these mini-stories as is, as there is no attempt to disguise them as anything other that what they are.

A reminder that I am absolutely transparent on what and how these are created and this is an experiment, which is supposed to be fun, not a threat to the very talented authors on this site.

If you are not comfortable reading these, or don't want to review, that is absolutely fine. I'm not doing it for that reason. It also means that in the future, anyone else who is thinking of creating similar works needs to also be similarly transparent on what they are doing and be absolutely clear up front on their intent. The Admins can then decide how they'd like this genre of content presented.



grc73 is the author of 8 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans