- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I got this idea from a line in Rose's story "A Visit from Auntie Flo" and I had to write it. Takes place prior to Casino night.

 

They do not speak about Roy. Yes, he's mentioned offhandly in weekend plans, or in the lunchroom but not when it is just the two of them. These days it all but kills Jim when Roy comes to visit Pam on his break. Watching her blush and giggle while Roy says something inane and Jim wonders where the fuck her intelligence goes when Roy walks into the office. What hurts the most is that he's not sure which makes him angrier. The fact that Pam acts like a giggling teenager when Roy comes to visit, or that he wishes it was him that made her act like that.

"Roy's quite the comedian," Jim says, leaning against her desk. "I haven't seen you laugh like that since you caught Dwight and Angela..."

"Oh it was nothing. He was just being stupid." Pam responds, embarassed that Jim had noticed her laughing at Roy.

"It didn't look like nothing." He says, frowning slightly.

"Jim it was nothing." She says, her voice short and she immediately felt bad afterwards.

"Okay..."He walks back to his desk, not looking at her.


***************

They do not speak about when Jim goes on a date. Pam hates the feeling that she gets when she hears Jim mention to Toby that he has a date with Brenda from Corporate - their joking about having to register his date with HR. It shouldn't matter to Pam who Jim goes out with, but it does and she feels guilty about it later. It isn't fair to expect Jim to stay single when she herself is engaged to be married. He's her best friend, she wants him to be happy like she is. She tried to talk about it with Phyllis but that had not gone over so well because now Phyllis knew her secret.

"How was your date last night?" Pam asks as they stood in the kitchen, drinking their coffee.

"It was good, we had a good time." Jim doesn't meet her eye and she wonders why.

"So...what did you do?" She asks, trying to pull some information out of him.

"We just watched a movie, ate Chinese takeout."

"Very romantic, Halpert." She teases. "What did Mark think of her?"

"Actually Mark wasn't home..." Pam nods, so that was what made it a good night.

"Next time I guess..." She's not sure what to say now. Everything feels awkward now.

"Yeah...next time."


***************

They do not speak about sex. It isn't that they are too shy to talk about it, but Jim does not want to think about Pam having sex with...Roy. Except once he gets it into his head its the only thing he can picture. He's not trying to be mean but he's pretty certain that Roy probably is not the most attentive of lovers. He wonders if Pam fakes her orgasms, or if she takes matters into her own hands, while Roy moves above her. Jim bangs his knee hard against his desk, the pain pulling the attention of his red bloodcells elsewhere. He cannot picture Pam naked at work, it just makes things difficult to concentrate.

Pam looks over at Jim she when hears the bang, watching him before going back to her game of Freecell. She won't deny that she's thought about what sex with Jim would be like. She's held his hand before, knows how strong it is, his long fingers intertwined with hers. What she won't admit, is that sometimes, when she's in bed with Roy, she closes her eys and imagines that it is- the phone rings, interuppting her and she answers it as she watches him from across the room, rubbing his knee.

"What were you and Kelly talking about earlier?" Jim asks, picking out the green jelly beans.

"Oh..." She laughs, embarassed. "Nothing. Girl stuff." Jim raises his eyebrows, intrigued.

"Girl stuff? You know I have a whole box of tampons in my second drawer if you need them." Pam laughs out loud, she can't imagine Roy saying the word tampon in a million years but Jim just throws it out there and it works.

"Not like that." She says, rolling her eyes. "Sex..." She says quietly, making her Angela doesn't raise her head and give Pam the evil eye.

"Oh."

"Yeah." The phone rings.

"You should get that." She nods, reaching for the phone.

"Dunder Mifflin this is Pam..." He winks at her and retreats back to his desk, making sure to smack his knee against the desk, the pain is the best distraction.


***************

They do not speak about Superheroes. It had started as a discussion between her and Kelly over who was more attractive, Branden Routh, Toby Maguire, or Christian Bale. Then Dwight had heard the word superhero and been sticking his two sense after every comment Pam made, irritating her to no end. She looked at Jim with those eyes, the ones that pleaded for him to come and put Dwight in his place.

However Jim had taken Dwight's side of the argument which had irritated her even more than having just Dwight over there, trying to explain the reasons why Spiderman and Batman were better than Superman. She watched in frusterated awe as Jim and Dwight actually began agreeing on what the other was saying. Could this really be happening? Finally the phone rang, saving her from another ten minutes of pure geek speak.

"I can't believe you didn't defend me against Dwight." Pam said as they ate lunch in the kitchen later that day.

"Pam..." Jim said looking at her over his sandwich. "Superman isn't better than Batman or Spiderman. I had to agree him him." Pam rolls her eyes dramatically, pretending to be insulted.

"I am seeing a very ugly side of you, Halpert." Pam said, folding her yogurt lid in half.

"You want to have a superhero movie marathon? I can explain to you every reason why Batman and Spiderman are superior." Pam just looked at him, and he looked at Pam and then they both burst out laughing. Garnering a dirty glance from Angela as she walked into the kitchen.

***************

They do not speak about that time when they got stuck in the supply closet. It had been a prank Dwight had tried to play on them, payback for all those times they had stuck his desk supplies in jello. However it had backfired and he had accidentally locked them into the room, with the key on the shelf. The supply closet was small with two people crammed in there, Pam's back had pressed against Jim's chest. He had let his hands rest on her hips, the sides of his thumbs brushing against her care skin when they slide under the hem of her blouse.

She hadn't jumped or flinched, just let her body sink back a little, leaning even more against his chest. She could feel his heart racing against her back and she knew her's was doing the same thing. She'd felt Jim's head dipping lower, brushing her hair aside, exposing the soft pale skin of her neck and then the door had clicked open. After thanking Bob Vance profusely Pam had spent the next ten minutes in the bathroom, putting cold water on her face to try and erase the flush that wouldn't disappear.

"I'm sorry about earlier." Jim says as they stepped into the elevator. "You know the whole closet thing."

"Don't worry about it, I figured that one day Dwight was going to get us back." Pam shrugs, zipping her coat up.

"No...I mean when we were in the closet." Pam doesn't say anything, put her hands freeze on her zipper halfway up her coat. What did he want her to say? That is was okay? Because it wasn't and they both knew that. However she wasn't going to chastise him for it, because she had wanted him to do it just as badly as he had wanted to do it.

"Jim..." She turns to him but the elevator doors slid open and the rest of the group was waiting for them, they were headed to Poor Richard's to celebrate the end of the week. Pam looked at Jim but he had already started talking to Kevin about fantasy football as they made their way across the parking lot.



OfficeSupplyGirl is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Five Things Jim and Pam Do Not Speak About also liked 1233 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans