- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

A poster I post with got in a little argument about the word "Saxon" being an actual word you can use in Scrabble. So I must credit her. I thought it was funny. Anyway....enjoy.

1.) It feels like tiny wet circles on her skin. Like when it rains in the summer, and the rain drops are warm as it hits your exposed shoulders. It feels like hot versus cold, a mixture of hot wetness against her skin and then the cool air in the room hits that spot. She gasps sometimes. Another is rough versus soft, like wool raking lightly across her skin, and then something smooth massages that same spot a minute later, so she never complains.

She loves when Jim feathers kisses on her. She's never felt so much in one moment as she does whenever when he kisses her.

*********************************************************

2.) She snores sometimes. Not all the time, but when she's really tired, like right after mindblowing sex or a hard day at the office. Not that he minds. It's not like he'll leave her because of it, but it is kind of hard to fall asleep with her snorting in his ear. But he doesn't like to turn away from her, holding her means so much to him. So Jim just sucks it up and pulls her closer, breathes in her scent.  He doesn't flinch when he feels a bit of wetness on his bicep.  Pam drools on his arm sometimes, but it's okay. It's just drool. He french kisses her often, so he's not scared of her saliva or anything.  She also hogs the covers. Wrapping herself up in a cocoon. When he came home from playing ball, he would chuckle to himself at the sight of her wrapped up in the comforter. Snoring.

It all doesn't matter. All he has to do is pull her close and inhale the scent of her shampoo. Then Jim closes his eyes and falls sound asleep.

*******************************************************

3.) She scrunches her nose at it. "Ew."

She can't believe he likes to eat that. He pops another in his mouth, over dramatically chews, and gives her his goofiest grin.

"Come on Beesly, try one!"

She shakes her head. He eats olives. Green olives, with those red things in them. He doesn't put them in a martini like James Bond, he pops them in his mouth like grapes or something. That's disgusting, not sophiscated at all. Not that she ever ate an olive before. She never had a reason to. He tilts the olive jar towards her.

"You won't know if you like them, if you don't try them."

She eyes the green things again. They look ugly. But he's so damn insistent, and he's got that damned sexy grin on his face, she takes one and tosses it in her mouth.

She still hates it. Her face contorts at the nasty taste in her mouth and her eyes water, but she's a trooper. She swallows it. Barely. Jim's eyes watch her and they turn from amusement to sympathy.

"God...I'm sorry. I mean...I shouldn't force them on you-"

He stops talking as she reaches forward, popping another in her mouth. She doesn't gag as bad this time. She likes that he smiles when she asked deviously, "Want to know my favorite food?"

"What?"

"See-food!"

He blurts out laughing at her disgusting childish joke.

********************************************

4.) So she gets pouty a bit when he wants to go to Mark's to finish the Playstation tournament that they've been playing since forever. He understands, in a way he feels guilty. Roy always went out with his friends and forgot her. Jim didn't want to be that guy. So he looks down at his keys in his hand and over to Pam, who was smoldering with irritation on the sofa. She's acting like she was reading a book. Too bad she doesn't realize it was upside down as she furiously flipped through page after page. She was so cute, it was amazing to look at her.

So he leaves. Yep. He walks out the door and down to his car. He starts it and backs out. He pretends not to see her jerk open the blinds in shock that her mini temper tantrum hadn't worked. Adjusting the rearview mirror, he hums a song as he drives down the road.

Only 20 minutes pass before he walks back in the door, holding a bag from BlockBuster, some takeout Chinese, and some rocky road ice cream. He acts like he didn't see her whip her head around, watching him drop his keys in the bowl.

"What about Mark?" she asks, sheepishly.

"Mark's a good lay and all...but I prefer someone who shaves their legs," he simply says as he walks into the kitchen, purposefully ignoring the fact she's smiling like crazy.

*****************************************************

5.) He always wins at games they play. Scrabble, Uno, Yatzee, Checkers...you name it. And it gets on her nerves. She's a sore loser. Sure people say she should be graceful, bowing out when she loses, but with Jim, she can't. His smug little grin when he lays down the card and says in a low husky voice, "I win."

She wants to smack him. Actually no, she wants to jump on him and do him right there. Most times, she does. They roll around and cards are in the most embarrassing places.

Tonight is no exception. Jim is amazing at Scrabble, almost to the point Pam wants to just quit the game. It's odd that she's a receptionist and if Scrabble is any indication of her vocabulary...she's underqualified for her job.

"That's not a word."

She frowns and looks at him. "Saxon is a word. Anglo-Saxons. Duh."

"No it isn't." He looks defiantly at her, his hair tussled from their earlier wrestling match over the remote.

"Is too."

He eyes her, and yes she knows it's childish but Saxon is a word. He just shrugs. "Fine."

"No! No, don't give me a pity acceptance Halpert. Saxon is a word! I'll prove it!"

Jim just stares at her blankly. "Okay, if you say so."

"I'll prove it!" she exclaims.

"Why are you over reacting? If you truly believe it is a word, I'll concede. Hell, if you want to use some Klingon words, I'll even allow that." He sips his soda and she knows he's egging her on, but she wants to prove him wrong.

"I'll look it up."

"On Wikipedia? See if you can find some made up words the Smurfs use. I want to play with those."

She throws him a nasty look and types "Saxon". He's behind her chuckling.

In a swift move, Pam hits print screen, and shoves the paper at him. Of course then Jim acts as if he can't see. He squints. "Hm..... interesting. That must have just been added to the human language."

Before Pam can protest, he sweeps her up and kisses her hard on the lips and she could care less what the hell "Saxon" means.  Her lips feel bruised and swollen when he pulls back and like a true smart ass says, "Screw Scrabble. I don't need words for what I'm about to do to you."

 



Binxbaby is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Five Things Jim and Pam (do )don't get along on also liked 2706 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans