- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Melissa is Stanley's 8th grade daughter from Take Your Daughter to Work Day. Ryan canonically has a myspace, as seen here. All details of his myspace shamelessly stolen from BJ Novak's.

If you think these characters are mine, you're a moron.

Melissa finds Ryan's MySpace after school on Tuesday. That's how she knows that he's 26 and he likes Chex Mix and Lolita.

"Ohmigod, he is way cute," says Lacey when she calls to show it to her.

Melissa takes her picture off her MySpace and changes her age to say 102 years old before she sends a friend request and it totally works. She has to wait 'til her stepmom stops ordering clothes online before she can get on the computer, but when she does he's added her and there's a comment from him that says "um, hi?"

Melissa sends back a message about how he really has to try one of those iced macchiatos, because she doesn't know how people live without them and also that she totally guessed he was a Leo. She leaves three more comments by the end of the week but he doesn't write back to any of them even though she can SEE that he's logged on every day. On Friday when she checks it he's changed his status from "Single" to "In a Relationship". Melissa closes Internet Explorer and slams out into the living room and flips through channels until she finds a Punk'd rerun. She turns the volume all the way up until her dad looks up from his stupid crossword puzzle.

"And just what is your problem?" he asks and she turns the tv back down three bars.

"Nothing," she says.

**

At 4:53, Ryan goes to the bathroom and Kelly sits down in his chair because she's sure he won't mind. Creed is doing something weird in his desk drawer and doesn't even look up. Ryan's browser is minimized but when she clicks on it it opens up to his MySpace. She's already seen it, of course, but today when she scrolls down to his details it says "In a Relationship" and she can feel herself beaming. She totally and completely knew that Ryan would come around. This is so official.


kyrafic is the author of 8 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans