- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Is it too late for a little Thanksgiving fluff? I hope not! I had this scene in my head all day, and decided I had to write it down...

Disclaimer: Wish I owned these guys, it would be so less painful for everyone involved. But I don't, and no copywrite infringement is intended.

It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and her email was succinct and to the point:

Can you please stay a bit after five today? I have something I want to give you, and I'd rather wait until everyone else has gone.

Jim turned around in his chair and looked back at Pam. In her peripheral vision she noticed he'd moved. Glancing up, she saw him looking at her. He gave her a slight smile and a nod, then turned back to his desk.

At five o'clock, Pam watched people file passed her desk on their way home. She felt a nervous churning in her stomach, but kept taking deep breaths to ease it.

By five twenty she looked up to see Jim standing at her desk. “I think it's just us two now,” he said casually, but his fingers drummed on the counter irratically. She took another deep breath and walked around her desk. “This way,” she said, heading toward Michael's office.

When Jim had followed her in, she shut the door. Earlier in the day she'd had the foresight to close the blinds. She didn't want any lingering cameramen to have a chance to film what she had in mind.

She turned and walked up to Jim, who was looking at her with a look of confusion. “You have something for me and you kept it in Michael's office?” he asked.

“Come here,” she said, indicating with her finger that he should lean closer. He cocked his head slightly, but complied, and found himself stunned when Pam put her arms up around his neck and kissed him. She pressed herself against him, and his surprise made him take a step back. She stepped closer, intent on making full contact with him. His instinct was to put his arms around her waist. When it registered that she - Pam - was really kissing him, he spread his hands across her back and began kissing her back. Hard, desperate kisses, urgent and demanding and passionate.

When Pam finally pulled back, all he could do was stare at her. “The only thing I'm thankful for this year is that you are back,” she said, sounding slightly breathless. Before he could think of what to say she went on. “I don't care how many women you tell me you are seeing. I love you and I'm not going to sit back and do nothing while you think you can get over me.”

“Okay,” Jim said. It was completely inadequate but he had lost the ability to process thought. She said she loved him, and that's about all he managed to understand after that. She loved him, dammit. She loved him. He could feel himself starting to smile. “Okay,” he said again.

They kissed again, this time with more tenderness and less desperation. Then they stood in each other's arms, unsure of what their next step was. “You have plans for tomorrow?” she asked him.

“Lunch with my family,” he replied, his lips against her hair. “You?”

“Dinner - some of mother's side are in New York City to see the parade.” She looked up. “You want to go celebrate the holiday with me tonight?”

Jim thought about Karen for a moment. She had left last night to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with her parents in New York. She wouldn't be back until Sunday, and then there would have to be a conversation he didn't look forward to having. But he couldn't miss this chance to spend time with Pam - spend time in the way he had never stopped dreaming about.

“Definitely,” he replied.

They walked out of Michael's office, gathered their coats and bags and headed out to the elevator together. After they got on they linked hands, and Jim gave her a smile and wink.

“Maybe tomorrow morning we could watch the parade together.”

She gave him a look that made his heart race. “Maybe,” she said, a small satisfied smile appearing.



time4moxie is the author of 77 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Thankful also liked 2009 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans