- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since I wrote one Christmas-y one in the present, I came up with this one in the future. Fluffy, fluffy happiness for everyone.

This one is not like anything I've written before because this one actually has dialogue.

 

 

DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything. Not even the title, which I borrowed from the geniuses of Arrested Development. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Jim, stop!”

“What?”

“If you keep eating all the dough, we won’t ever have enough to bring to your mother’s tomorrow.”

Jim smiled winningly and then scooped out another fingerful from the bowl.

“Jim! Seriously, stop.”

“No, Pamela. You know that I will not stop. It’s your fault for making gingerbread anyway. You know that I just can’t resist…”

“Jim, so help me God, if you don’t stop, I will pick up that phone and call Dwight.”

Jim contorted his face into a look of fright and held up his hands. Pam tried to look stern, but ended up bursting into laughter.

“Seriously, Jim. Let me just spoon out, like, four more and then you can finish the rest.”

“Oh Pam. What an offer! I knew there was some reason I married you.”

They smiled at each other, and Jim kissed her softly.

“All right. There. Here’s your bowl.”

“Yes! I win!”

“How do you win if we both got what we wanted?”

“Well Beesley, it’s simple. The game is called ‘I Win,’ so therefore I win.”

She always smiled when he called her by her maiden name. It made her feel unbelievably loved and special.

“Hey, let’s open our presents.”

“Wooooah, Beesley. I know that it’s our first Christmas together, but I do have some pretty firm rules about this stuff. Christmas is the day for presents, not Christmas eve.”

“Well, Halpert, if you must know, I also have some pretty firm Christmas rules. One of which is that you always get to open one present of the other’s choice on Christmas Eve. Always.”

“Beesley, give me on good reason I should break me life-long tradition and listen to you?”

Pam pulled him into a long, steamy kiss. When she let him go, he shut his eyes and let out a long sigh.

“Simply. Not. Good. Enough. Try again, Beesley.”

“Jim!” Pam stomped her foot petulantly, and Jim laughed.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go.”

He smiled as she grabbed his hand and lead him into the apartment’s small living room. Together they sat on the floor by the tree like little kids, basking in the glow of the lights and the happiness they shared.

“Okay Halpert, which one do I get to open first?”

“Umm, this one.” He held out a plain green envelope with her name on the front.

“A card? I’m opening a card.”

“Beesley, you really shouldn’t judge it before you see what it is.”

“Fine. But it better be good.”

Jim softly bit his lip as Pam pulled out the card and opened it. A shiny key plopped to the floor followed by an ecstatic “OH MY GOD! Jim Halpert!”

Pam pounced on top of him and pinned down his arms.

“Are you serious?”

“Do you like it?”

“That’s not the question I asked you. Are you serious?”

“Yeah.”

“But. Jim! We don’t have the money for a house like that.”

“Yes we do, Pam. I’ve been saving for it for about two years, and I couldn’t let you live in this tiny apartment when you could be planting flowers on the terrace of your dream home.”

“Oh my God.” Pam’s eyes glistened with tears. “I love you so much.” She leaned down and kissed him.

Before they got too comfortable, Jim broke the kiss. “Woah, wait a minute Beesley. What do I get to open?”

“Oh, selfish Halpert! Always thinking of yourself.” Pam giggled and rolled off of him. She rummaged for a moment under the branches and handed him a box. She laughed aloud as he ripped through the paper like a kid.

He opened the box, pulled out a mug, and his jaw dropped. He cleared his throat twice before he managed to speak.

“World’s Best … Dad?”

Pam could only beam back at him and nod.

“Pam. Are you serious?”

“Yes. The doctor said I’m about 5 weeks along.”

“Oh my God. Come here.”

She crawled into his lap as he kissed her softly and hugged her tight.

“Merry Christmas, Daddy Halpert.”

“Merry Christmas indeed, Mommy Halpert.”



somuchmore is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Love Indubitably also liked 1958 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans