- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first attempt at longish fan fic, so I hope it's okay. It takes place Spring 2007. There are minor spoilers up through The Convict.

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Pam knocked on the door to Michael's condo. She sighed and waited for someone to open the door. The finale of the documentary about their office was airing tonight. Every Thursday night for the last couple months, almost everyone from the office had been meeting at Michael's to watch together. At first it had been really weird to see herself on TV, but Pam was starting to like it. It was fun to see bits and pieces of other people that she didn't pick up on in every day life.

"PAMALAMA DING DONG! Come on in!"

Pam rolled her eyes as the door swung open. She was going to kill Jim for "helping" Andy woo her. He'd pretty much given up on her, but now he felt like he knew her and it was driving her crazy. Andy wasn't actually in any of the footage that was being shown right now, but he wouldn't let an opportunity to suck up pass him by. He'd been there every week, usually sitting beside Michael just so that Dwight couldn't.

Pam stepped into the living room and looked around. Almost everyone from the office was there. Michael sat on the couch with Kevin and Oscar. Jim and Karen were sharing a chair and a half. They had tried to keep their relationship secret for a while, but after Jim found out that Pam knew and they were still friends, Jim and Karen had become more of a couple in public. Pam told herself that she was okay with it and tried to act natural around them. It helped that she really liked Karen. Everyone else was scattered around the room in folding chairs or on the floor. Dwight and Angela were on opposite sides of the room looking determined to not look at each other or her. They weren't very happy that she had outed their relationship to the cameras. Oops. Roy and Daryl were the only warehouse representatives there tonight. Things were going well with Roy. He seemed to be giving up on winning her back and they were starting to become friends. Things would always be weird between them, though. How do you date someone for 10 years, then cancel the wedding a week before and things not end up strange?

After grabbing a soda from the kitchen, Pam settled on the floor at Kevin's feet. The show was getting ready to come on. She was a little nervous. Tonight they were showing the footage from the Casino Night last May. Casino Night had changed her life forever. At least they had not caught that on camera. It would be nice to see Casino Night from a happy gambling perspective. Maybe it would help block out the memories of Jim's confession and kiss.

The show began. Pam laughed along with everyone else and cheered as people won at poker and roulette. She felt a little sympathy for Michael as he tried to juggle his "two queens." It was a little sad considering they both had dumped him. Jan had come to a few of the viewing parties at the beginning of the run, but had stopped after discovering that the cameras had caught her kissing Michael. Twice.

Suddenly the image on the screen was her outside talking to Roy as he was leaving for the night. Her mouth dropped open. She knew exactly what was coming next. How could this be? There were no camera out there! She glanced over at Jim. He looked just as panicked as she felt. Their eyes met, then they both quickly looked back at the tv. TV Jim walked up to her. TV Pam was joking with him about taking all his money. Over and over in her head, she prayed that the scene would stop. Maybe the cable will go out. Maybe the tv will break. If she kicked it, that could encourage the breaking. She'd owe Michael for a new tv, but it would be worth it. Of course, she'd have to move to kick it and right now she was frozen in place.
So she just sat and stared as TV Jim said that he was in love with TV Pam. There were whispers around the room of "Oh my god!" and "Wow!" but Pam was completely focused on the tv. She saw herself telling Jim that he had misinterpreted their friendship. The hurt look on his face and the single tear that rolled down his cheek broke her heart into a thousand pieces. He hadn't misinterpreted their feelings and anyone that could see the look on her face knew that. But he walked away and she just stood there looking at her hands.

As the show went to commercial, the room was silent. She could feel everyone's eyes boring into her. She made the mistake of glancing up at Roy standing in the kitchen doorway. The confused and hurt look on his face had her shifting her gaze back to her hands. The silence continued through the commercial break. The scene that came back was her talking on the phone to her mom in the office. She wanted to yell at the tv, at the world, that no cameras had been there. How had they caught all this on camera? TV Jim walked in and kissed her. TV Pam told him she was still marrying Roy. TV Jim walked away. The white words on the black screen said that Jim had transferred to Stamford the next week after taking some sick time. The final words before the credits stung. "Pam did not marry Roy."

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans