- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Yeah, he’s still here.  I think him and Andy are actually trying to pull Michael apart” he said as he stuck his head out of the conference room.

 

“Shut up” she replied, walking around her desk and into the conference room.  She laughed as she watched Dwight stand in front of Andy’s car, doing his best to keep Michael from leaving with him. 

 

“So” Pam said, looking up at Jim, “how do we get him on the roof?  I mean, the helicopter can’t stay here all night.”

 

Jim nodded and glanced out the window, a smile slowly breaking out on his face.  “What?” Pam asked.  Jim looked down at her and waggled his eyebrows at her, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket.  He scrolled through the numbers and stopped, turning the phone toward her.  She laughed as she saw “Dwight’s cell” on his screen.

 

“Do I want to know?”

 

He just shook his head.  “You never know when you will need a cell phone number.”  Pam just smiled and looked back out the window to see Dwight trying to pull Michael out of Andy’s car. 

 

“Would you like to do the honors, Beesley?” Jim asked, holding his cell phone out to her.  She smiled and grabbed the phone, punching in a message into his cell phone.  She hit send and closed the phone, handing it back to him. 

 

They pulled apart the blinds and watched Dwight pull his phone out of his pocket, look at the message and grab his bag off the ground, running back toward the building. 

 

Jim and Pam smiled at each other and bolted out of the conference room.  Jim threw the door open and they stood quietly in the lobby, listening to Dwight run up the steps.  They froze as they heard him lean up against the door, catching his breath before he took off again.

 

Jim just laughed.  “What did you type?”

 

 

“Take a look” she said, pulling open the door.  Jim dug his phone out of his pocket and looked at the outgoing message – “CIA in need of karate expertise – helicopter to pick you up in 5.” 

Jim just shook his head.  “C’mon” he heard from behind him.  He turned to see her holding out his coat to him.  “Let’s go.”

 

+++

 

“I’m starting to get cold” she said, hopping from one foot to the other.  Jim nodded.  “How much longer do you think he will stay up there?” she asked.

 

“Not much” he said, pulling out his cell phone.  “I’m getting bored.” 

 

She grinned up at him as he typed into his cell phone.  He quickly finished and dropped his phone back into his pocket.

 

“What did you say?” she asked.

 

“Just that his cover had been blown and that the phone needed to be destroyed.” 

 

“You didn’t!” Pam exclaimed.  Jim was about to say something when they heard a clatter across the parking lot.  They looked at each other and walked over to where the noise had come from.  Pam started to howl as she stared at the remnants of Dwight’s phone.

 

“Merry Christmas Beesley” Jim said quietly.  Pam looked up at him and took a moment to gaze at him.  This was the Jim she knew – smiling, laughing, scheming, relaxed… the Jim she had fallen in love with.  She sighed and returned his wide smile.  ‘Time for that at another time’ she thought to herself.

 

“So, you liked your gift?”

 

“It was perfect.”

 

She nodded at him, before looking at the phone again.  It wasn’t perfect, but it was a start.

 

“Merry Christmas Jim.”

 

The End



agd300 is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Up on the Roof also liked 708 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans