- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own none of these characters, they are the property of whoever it is that does own them. No copyright infringements are intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.-----This is my first ever fic, I hope you all like it =)

Unspoken
---------------------------------------

He feels her glare at the back of his neck, and he knows his pulse is beating faster. But he ignores it anyway and carries on talking and laughing with Kevin.

 The tear in his heart gets slightly deeper.

  She tries to push away the fact of always sitting next to an empty chair in the conference room. She thinks that by pushing it away, then it won't be able to hurt her.

  He tries to focus on what Karen is telling him, but he can only see her. When Karen 'accidentally' brushes his arm, he want's to feel something, anything. But he doesn't.

 She runs away from embarrassement when she walks in on His and Karen's date on the roof.

 The tear in her heart tears further as the realisation of being too late dawns on her.

 He wants to run after her. Tell her that him and Karen aren't on a real date...not really.

And although he wants to feel something for Karen...he can't. Because she's always there. Not only at the office but in his thoughts too.

Thinking about this, he almost does run after her. But then he remembers Karen's there and he's too cowardly to tell her the truth.

The next day she awkwardly apologises to Karen for having interrupted her and him on the roof the other night. Karen sadly smiles and says that there wasn't anything to interrupt anyway. She tries not to look too interested.

He tells Karen that he can't make it tonight because he has a lot of work to do. He knows that he's lying and he's pretty sure Karen knows too, but they just give each other polite smiles and walk back to their desks.

She stays in her car for half an hour making sure she looks fine. She didn't get much sleep last night and makes sure that her 'alright' face looks genuine.

He knows she's not alright.

She knows he doesn't buy it.

"I can't do this anymore, I'm sorry." He stares blankly at his computer screen then his gaze falls to Karen's old, empty desk. "And Jim? Whoever she is, tell her."  A small wave of guilt flows through him as he turns to look at her.

She's surprised when she finds a note in her jacket pocket. Her heart skips a beat when she reads it. She folds it carefully and puts it back in her pocket as she makes her way to the parking lot.

He waits, fingers dancing nervously. The moon is hiding behind some clouds and his quickened breath is visible in the dark air as he hears the entrance door opening.

They stand there. Staring at eachother, yet avoiding eye contact.                   

Both wanting to say so much yet both so scared  for  each others reaction.

She quickly takes her eye off the floor and plucks up the courage to look at him in the eye. He notices and brings his own eyes up.

She takes precisely four steps forward and wraps her arms around him. She waits for his response and she thinks that it is too late but just then she feels his arms around her waist holding her tightly, and his head gently resting on hers.

The tears in their hearts slowly begin to heal.

As so much is said. Unspoken.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer still stands.


applepear is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans