- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from the Office. None what so ever…not even Dwigt….

 Legend: Anything in Bold…. Are talking heads!Anything in Italics… are thoughts!

ENJOY!

            “So, today is our second quarterly leadership seminar.” Michael Scott says to the camera.  “The seminar’s slogan, for this quarter, is ‘Dancing Around the Competition’.”  Michael stares into the camera as if the camera-man understands why that is the slogan. “It’s because we will be taking dance lessons you know? Theirs a leader when you dance and…. You know what? Never mind, just wait and see…” Michael looks away from the camera with a sad look in his eyes. 

Jim opens the door to the office late and sees a smiling Pam looking at him.

 

“Wow Pam, why are you so happy today?” Jim asks sarcastically while leaning onto the reception desk.

 

“Well since you were late, I feel that you should know that the office is taking dance lessons for… leadership” She says slowly trying to contain her laughter because of the look on Jim’s face.

             “Am I excited about ‘Dancing around the Competition’?”  Jim asks as he looks off into space. “I guess I am a little bit excited. Let’s just say that back in school, I was pretty good at dancing… I don’t know how or why.  It just came naturally to me.” Jim says with a smile. 

            “I took some classes with Roy right after we got engaged.” Pam said with a sad look on her face. “That was three years ago, and we had to stop because Roy didn’t focus on dancing with….me.” She looks down at the camera.  “But since Roy doesn’t get to come,” a smile begins to form on her face, “I get to see the famous high school Jim dance moves that he always brags about.” She laughs as her smile gets uncontrollably bigger.

 

            Dwight sits at his desk finishing off a sale when Jim and Pam walk up to him, waiting for him to hang up his phone.

           

            “What do you two want?” He asks with a hint of annoyance.

 

            “Well Dwight, I was wondering who you are going to be dancing with at today’s seminar?” Jim asks with a smile on his face.

 

            “I, of course, will be dancing with Michael.” Dwight replies with a ‘waiting for approval’ smile. Instead, he hears laughter from the two of them.

             “ Michael and I have a strong connection, therefore, it is only natural for us to dance.  I see it as an exclusive training session so that some day I will be able to become a regional manager also.” Dwight states to the camera-man confidently. 

            “Well, what if you can’t dance with him?” Pam asks Dwight. “I hear that he is really excited to dance with Ryan.” The smile on her face grows bigger with every word she says.

 

            “You better watch out Dwight, Ryan may take your place when it comes to Michael.”  Jim says to Dwight while holding in his laughter.

             “I can’t take credit for that. That was solid god material she came up with by herself. God she is amazing.” Jim says and then realizes what he actually said to the camera.  “At getting Dwight upset of course…” Jim looks away from the camera sheepishly. 

            Dwight looks at both of them seriously. “You don’t think he’d do that would he? … MICHAEL!?!?!” He yells as he runs towards Michaels office.

 

            Pam and Jim laugh and give each other a high-five when Roy slowly makes his away into the office.

 

            “Hey sweetheart,” Roy says as he steps in-between Pam and Jim and drapes an arm around her shoulder, “Oh, hey Halpert.” He gives Jim a glance and looks back at Pam.  “So babe, are you excited about the football game tonight?” Roy asks Pam with a smug-like grin.

 

            “Oh, I can’t help out tonight; I have to do the leadership seminar tonight” Pam replies with relief in her voice.

 

            “C’mon Pammy, don’t you want to cook for all the guys?  It will be better than that stupid lecture on leadership.” Roy jokes as Pam glares at him.

 

            “I think for sales it’s actually mandatory to go to these things.” Jim says as he gives an understanding smile to Pam.  Pam smiles back knowing he is trying to help her out.

 

            He is always there for me; I should thank him for always helping me out. Pam thinks to herself while smiling at Jim and mouths out a ‘Thank you’.

 

            “But she’s just the receptionist,” Roy states as he glares at Jim. “Why are you still here Halpert? This doesn’t concern you. Anyway isn’t Katy going with you tonight?” Roy questions Jim with a grin on his face. Pam’s blood runs cold as that name enters the conversation.  She slowly looks up at Jim.  The last part of Roy’s question echoes in her head.  Jim is taking Katy? Wait, why am I so upset about this? She didn’t realize that she was staring at Jim until he starts to speak again.

 

            “Uh, well Roy, I didn’t invite her because I broke up with her on the booze cruise.” Jim says trying to get out of the conversation.

 

            “What? You left her? Are you gay or something? That was one fine piece of…” Roy was almost laughing while in continued to taunt Jim.

 

            “Roy!” Pam yelled at him before he could finish. “I am going to the seminar so you can go and cook for you friends yourself.” The last part was more of a scream as she stormed away from both Roy and Jim.  

             “Why? Because Katy and I weren’t getting along with each other.  She wasn’t what I am looking for.” Jim states as the camera zooms in watching Pam stare at the back of Jims head.  Pam realizes the camera is on her and she pretends on doing work. Oh, I was just looking into space.” Pam says defensively.  “I looked like I was staring at Jim?” she lets out a nervous laugh as she begins to blush, “Nope, I was just bored staring off into space. It is really too bad about Jim and Katy though.” The last part was said with sarcasm but Pam just sits there smiling sweetly.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans