- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just a little something to amuse myself! Because fireworkfiasco and I had a ridiculous exchange where I said Ken was a eunuch and she requested a fic with this title featuring Dwangela...
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Angela still wasn't sure how she'd found herself in this predicament. She didn't especially like children, although she hoped to someday have them. She'd expressed a preference for a pair of small well-behaved boys, although she knew that would all be in God's hands.

She'd even mentioned it to Dwight when there had been a brief pregnancy scare. The rhythm method had worked for them so far, but she was late one month when she'd come down with a nasty virus and there were three breathless days and three sleepless nights while they waited.

Of course Dwight would have done the honorable thing. It was his duty and he wouldn't let her bear the shame of bearing an illegitimate child alone. In the end, they were able to breathe again, but after that, Angela began to think that maybe they should make their arrangement permanent.

But that was neither here nor there as Angela found herself sitting in the basement of the church surrounded by chaos. Her pastor had been hinting for some time that it was her turn to teach Sunday school this year. Her mother had done it, her aunts had done it, and her two sisters had done it. She could no longer avoid it and consider herself a dutiful member of the flock.

All her years of attending services and Bible study and leading a purpose-driven life hadn't prepared her for this. The sermon was running long today and the lesson had finished early and the six year olds were restless. One of Angela's charges came running up to her, a Barbie in one hand and a Ken doll in the other.

The little girl, Isabel was her name, had a dirty face and gripped the dolls tightly in her chubby little hands. Barbie wore a bathing suit top, no bottom, and a pair of pink plastic high heels. Ken wore a pair of plastic pants which the little girl had pulled down.

"Miss Angela! How are babies made?" she asked, wide-eyed.

"Ask your mother when you get home!"

But Isabel wasn't letting go that easily. "I want you to tell me."

Angela glanced frantically at the door, praying with all her might that the sermon had ended and Isabel's mother would walk through the door at any second. But all the praying in the world wouldn't change the fact that Father Matthews could drone on and on about the wages of sin for hours. There was no salvation for Angela today.

"Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they get married and pray to God to have a baby. And if they're very good, the stork will come and deliver the baby to them!"

Isabel looked closely at her. "But my mommy said that babies come from a mommy's tummy!"

Angela was starting to sweat now. "The stork brings the baby and the mommy carries it around for 9 months and then the baby is born."

The little girl thrust forward the Ken doll. "But he doesn't have a wee-wee! My mommy said that the man puts his wee-wee into the lady and that's where babies come from. Why doesn't Ken have a wee-wee?"

Angela was praying really hard now, promising to volunteer more at the food pantry and to put more in the collection plate. Her prayers were answered when Isabel's mother suddenly walked through the door. Father Matthews had finished delivering them from evil for another week.

That night, for the first time in four months, she made Dwight sleep at his own house.



Par5 is the author of 29 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked How Babies Are Made also liked 14 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans