February 20, 2017 at 10:28 pm #1013
More Than ThatBranch Manager
If you’re here, hopefully you are looking to register on the MoreThanThat fanfiction archive. Registered users can add stories, leave reviews, save favorites and download EPUB book! Here is a visual guide to help you get registered and set up.
(If you want to register to these forums, go here. The Fanfic Archive and the MTT Community are two different systems so you will need to sign up separately.)
Before we start: Registration will go much smoother if you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email’s contact/safe list first. Passwords are sent to the email provided and this email often gets sent to spam or not delivered at all! Again, save the hassle and add email@example.com to your contacts first!
So first, go to the Archive Registration Page, and take a moment to read the Terms of Service. The TL;DR version: you are responsible for what you choose to read, and you are agreeing to not be a jerk (including not plagiarizing other people’s work).
Below the Terms of Service you will find the registration form. It looks daunting but at this point all you really need is a username (penname), a valid email address, and to fill out the CAPTCHA.
Once you hit submit, you should get an email with a randomly generated password. Make sure to check your spam folders. Now you can go log-in to the archive with your penname and password.
Once logged in you will be taken to Your Account. First thing you will probably want to do is change your password to something you will actually remember, you can do that by selecting “Edit Bio”
“Edit Bio” is also where you can change your email (it will not be displayed publicly) and your profile (which will be displayed publicly.
Some hints on filling out the profile fields:
- LiveJournal: Type just your username
- Website: do not include the “http://” in your URL.
- Twitter: Type just your username (you can include the @ or not)
- Tumblr: type only what appears before “.tumblr.com” If you have a redirected URL, you can put that in the website field.
- Instagram: Type just your username
- Fanfiction.net: Type your User ID number, NOT your penname (this ensures it will link to you even if you change your penname) You can find your FFN userid on your author profile or in Account > Settings
- ArchiveOfOurOwn: Type just your username. Do NOT type in any pseuds
And lastly, if you want to change your password, type in your new one and then type again to confirm. You do NOT need your password to make changes your bio.
Now whatever profile fields you fill out will appear as stylish icons!
Next you can choose what kind of notifications to receive and how you want the archive set up for you by going to My Account > Edit Preference.
It’s fairly straight forward,
- check/uncheck anything with “contact” to decide what kind of email notifications you’ll receive.
- If you want to skip the Table of Contents on stories and jump right to Chapter one, uncheck “display table of contents…”
- best to leave the “use tinyMCE” option checked.
- You can chose if you want to browse stories alphabetically or by most recent.
- You can choose the skin/theme of the site you want to display.
When you’re done, hit “submit.”
The topic ‘How To Guide: Registering on the Fanfic Archive’ is closed to new replies.