•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
European offices are naked all the time.

Author Topic: Sports #3: I will use your talents come baseball season, my friend.  (Read 3363 times)

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
Re: Sports #3: I will use your talents come baseball season, my friend.
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
I would love to hear thoughts of this whole deflategate going on. I can't stand the Patriots so I'm sure my opinion is tilted towards guilty. If this was another team I'm sure it wouldn't be such a big deal. Bill and his previous cheat/border as close as possible to cheating might be part of why this has become such a huge story. I will say I don't think the outcome of that game was effected, but Tom not "knowing anything",not buying it.

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
If all but one of the balls were underinflated then none of the officials who touched them should ever ref in the NFL again.  That's some pretty high level incompetence not to notice the main piece of equipment in your sport isn't right.  Be like if the umpires never noticed 90 percent of the balls in a game were scuffed or vaselined up by a pitcher.  So I guess my take is shame on the Pats for trying (if they did) but more shame on the refs for failing to stop them from trying.  Game's over so there's no going back (though I read some people fancifully wanting them to replay the game I guess this weekend).
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

OfficeLady

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 389
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »
It's not the first time the Patriots have been found to engage in suspicious actions to give them an advantage. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck, if you catch my drift. (Sorry Oregon Ducks laughingicon)

We here in Seattle wish the focus would be on the Super Bowl game, not on what the Pats did or didn't do. It's kind of taken the wind out of our sails.......maybe that's the whole idea......we are a bit paranoid in Seattle.....that we're not taken seriously.  But we are ready to play whoever shows up with whatever footballs.   If New England did mess with the footballs, what a juvenile thing to do. Like talented professional athletes can't win a game on their own merits.

OfficeLady

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 389
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »
My poor Seahawks! We're nursing our wounds here! To lose with a yard to go for a win....and someone calls for a pass....we are having trouble accepting what happened. But we love our Seahawks!

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2015, 10:45:36 PM »
It was the only fitting conclusion to NFC playoff football.  Detroit was jobbed by the picked up flag that let Dallas advance.  Dallas was jobbed by the overturned Dez Bryant catch that let Green Bay advance.  Green Bay jobbed themselves out of a 16-0 lead to let Seattle advance and thus the Seahawks had to find away to cost themselves a win.  All we know for sure is Arizona and Carolina weren't going anywhere.  But I think we knew that realistically before the playoffs even started.  Arizona was an injury away from calling Neil Lomax up from their long gone St Louis days (hyperbole of course).  And Carolina was arguably the worst team ever to make the playoffs. 

Got to take the good with the bad.  Everyone thought it was silly for Seattle to throw with 6 seconds left in the first half and risk missing out on a FG.  Take that TD away and replace it with a FG and they have almost no chance to win at the end as they'd have been down 8 and needing not just the TD but a 2 point try just to force OT.  Of course that's easy for me to say as I'm not invested in whether they won or lost.  I'm still largely inconsolable about Nelson Cruz and game 6 of the 2011 WS.  My initial thought about not wanting to wait 18 years like Boston had to between 86 and 04 looks more and more ominously accurate.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.