•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
I think green is kind of whorish.

Author Topic: Sports #3: I will use your talents come baseball season, my friend.  (Read 3307 times)

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
Re: Sports #3: I will use your talents come baseball season, my friend.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
At this point my husband is hoping for a sweep (I stress the word hoping) by either the Rangers or A's. The worst part of being that WC is all is guarantees you is one more game. Lots of hard work and stress for one extra day of baseball. It's been fun though. :)

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
As a lifelong Yankee fan, I am both excited and anxious.  I love when fall baseball is like this, but I also wish they kept that 10 game lead they had and we knew already that the division was their's.  Fall baseball is just all kinds of awesome.  Just yesterday, I was happy the Red Sox won and that never happens!
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
Even on the last day of last year my Red Sox fan friend wouldn't root for NY to beat TB.  Said he wanted them both to win and then have Bos beat TB in a one game playoff.

For the Angels if they sweep their series there almost isn't a bad result.  With a split they are just 1 game back of Oakland and if Texas wins the series then they can catch or pass Oakland.  Oakland wins and they can get within four of Texas and then play Texas three straight games to get it to one.  But if they don't sweep their series then they are very quickly going to run out of schedule.  Texas may have the chance next week to play Oakland into or out of the playoffs.  Kinda like NY and Philly did with TB and Atl last year. The difference is Texas definitely gets the WC with best record and NY definitely didn't.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

jinx

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 129
  • Hi Hey
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
Anyone watching the World Series?  So far the Giant juggernaut continues to roll.

I was sure the Tigers would dominate tonight but their bats are cold against Barry Zito to this point and Justin Verlander had an off night.  Seems like the 5 day break did not do much for the Tigers mojo.

There has been some very exciting baseball played this post season.

Also, love that MLB is so involved with SU2C.
And when it happens, it's going to kick your ass, Beesly. So... stay sharp.

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
Yeah I have watched about all of about every game.  My pick of Det in 6 is in serious trouble.  And it is nearly impossible for my MVP pick of Verlander to work.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
I can't even watch this World Series. I don't care about either team so that could be the problem. I'm just bored with it. :-\

Callisto

• Human Resources
  • Schrute Bucks: 1214
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I can't even watch this World Series. I don't care about either team so that could be the problem. I'm just bored with it. :-\

Ditto.

FOOTBALL!  FOOTBALL! :)  Can't wait for the Broncos and Saints tonight.
Love is a cunning weaver of fables and fantasies. - Sappho

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »
I guess I'm definitely rooting for Detroit until they catch up.  Because once SF wins I don't have much til April.  That is unless the NHL surprises me and actually makes a sane deal to start playing.

ETA well that lasted like 30 minutes  :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:52:24 PM by rahenson1 »

jinx

• Sales Associate
  • Hi Hey
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 07:50:39 AM »
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans being 2012 World Series Champions.  For them to sweep the Detroit Tigers was quite unexpected. 

jinx

• Sales Associate
  • Hi Hey
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 10:11:04 AM »
Congratulations to R.A. Dickey on his 2012 National League Cy Young award.  The man has lived a challenging life and chosen a road less travelled by major league pitchers only to emerge at the top of his field.

Very impressive and most well deserved recognition.

His is a story of perseverence, hard work and hope.  I like it.

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »
I wouldn't know about any other sport stories other than Phil Jackson is not the new Laker coach. I feel back for the new coach, he is getting slammed in every media (as well as former Laker players) before ever coaching a game. I hope he proves them wrong and the Lakers do well. I'm not even a fan of basketball but feel bad for the guy.

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Toddy is when we find out whether Trout or Cabreara gets MVP.  Not a bad choice either way.  Both had seasons absolutely deserving of the award.  For the Triple Crown I have to go with Migs. 

Also it is the epitome of the disaster the Rangers season became that they (and as it turns out every NL team) would have taken Dickey in a heartbeat.  I saw his first MLB knuckleball start.  It went very badly.  Nothing but respect for him and his development.

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »
rahenson, you make me wish I had something to say about baseball.  Sorry, I can't chime in on that as I have so little knowledge.  :)

Football, though. Broncos are amazing me this year. I mean, we knew it was Peyton Manning and that great things might happen, but it's like the whole team just kicked it up a couple dozen notches. It's been great fun to watch!

I miss hockey.  :(  It was pretty great to see Joe Sakic get inducted into the HOF a couple days ago though. His speech was wonderful. What a fantastic, classy guy. I'm glad he hasn't left Denver since he retired.   <3

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »
Yeah there's a big hole in the nightly schedule where the Stars should be.  They have been terrible the last few years but it's something to watch.  Never had anything bad to say about Sakic.  Modano I think was inducted into the US hockey hall of fame recently.  We are understandably just as enamored with Mike as Denver is with Joe.

Glad Peyton is doing so well in Denver.  For one thing he's on my fantasy team and has me in first place ;) But I've been a fan of his for a long time.  I love how he calls the game like quarterbacks from years gone by.  No offensive coordinator there.  Just him and the defense.

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2012, 12:49:04 AM »
Glad Peyton is doing so well in Denver.  For one thing he's on my fantasy team and has me in first place ;) But I've been a fan of his for a long time.  I love how he calls the game like quarterbacks from years gone by.  No offensive coordinator there.  Just him and the defense.

This.  After years and years of meh quarterbacks with some talent but no real brilliance (and one season of a guy with a lot of charisma and luck but not even that much talent),  it's fantastic to watch. We had Elway for years and he was so exciting and great to watch, but Peyton is a whole different breed. I'm loving it. And he seems like such a genuinely nice dude, too.