•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Iím sorry, what was the question?

Author Topic: Things We Love: Happiness #5  (Read 619 times)

Spencer

Things We Love: Happiness #5
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
I see the 4th happiness thread has exceeded 1000 posts, so I thought I'd go ahead and start a new one. Three things I love today:

1. The UK Border Agency emailed me this morning to tell me that my work permit and visa have been approved and issued. In 7 short weeks I'll be moving to London!

2. At 1pm on Tuesday I will be finished grad school. HUZZAH!

3. This picture-

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
Re: Things We Love: Happiness #5
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »
This is going to sound like a weird thing to make me happy but my husband decided to go back on Nutrisystem. We both did it about 4 years ago and he lots tons of weight (not so much for me). The food starts to taste the same after a while, but it's ok for 2-3 months. The thing that makes me happy is that I now have the freedom to eat anything I want for dinner without having to take him into consideration. Once Funkytot started eating solids, we tried to make dinner that all of us could eat, but what I find frustrating is that my husband is picky and doesn't like many veggies (other than peas and corn). So most meals end up being some sort of meat, mashed potatoes/sweet potato tater tots, and peas/corn. Ugh - so tired of it!

Funkytot is picky, too (he's a toddler after all), but I'm going to make enough of whatever I'm eating so that he can have some. Hopefully that will get him headed in the right direction!
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »
Funkytot passed the low heat egg challenge yesterday!!  ;D We fed him french toast over the course of an hour, then watched him for another hour to make sure he didn't have an allergic reaction. We're not completely out of the woods - we're to feed him more over the course of a few weeks to watch him (waffles, pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, etc), and if he's fine then we don't have to worry about eggs anymore. Sheesh - what a relief!

Now I just have to hope that he outgrows that pesky peanut allergy. :P
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »
Happy to hear that for your family! :)

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
Thought it was easier to just post this here. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow MTT pals. I am very thankful for the many years of sharing time here with all of you. <3

justkaren

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 706
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, kh! Hope you had a great one! Mine was fun. Lots of good-natured bickering over oven space and getting to eat at a decent time.  ;D Grandma's kitchen full of women and kids and dogs and men wandering through to pick at stuff is always a good time.  bighugsicon
Racked up another one. Score!

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
For the past 6 months, I've been bootlegging my brother's acct to watch HBOGo (I *really* wanted to catch up on True Blood  >:D ). Since then, I've watched a few other series' (Game of Thrones and Girls), but it had been a while since I logged in once I started watching Sherlock and The Killing on Netflix. Anyway, I tried logging in yesterday, but it said that I now have to go through the cable company website to watch shows. I freaked for a minute then realized that I could still log in with my brother's acct.

The happy dance today is that I realized that in addition to HBO, I can now watch all the Showtime stuff I've missed (Dexter!) and I can also watch all the cable stuff that we don't have access to (we only have basic cable at my house). I've been watching some things on Netflix and Hulu, but there's ton of stuff that we haven't been able to watch (especially one of the newer episodes of American Pickers that used my husband music).

Yay - more TV shows to make me want to stay on the treadmill longer!  ;D

S.K

• Schrute Bucks: 367
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
I love libraries. They just make me happy, and if I had time, I'd go every day. There's just something about walking slowly between the shelves, surrounded by the book-smell that relaxes me.

OfficeLady

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 389
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!  bighugsicon

Jamnicity

• Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone is enjoying good food and family.
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
I love how awesome my husband is! He applied for a director position at Hofstra (on Long Island) and was told right before Thanksgiving that he got a Skype interview. The interviews (7 candidates) were yesterday and today. He got a call this morning that they already want to schedule an in-person interview for next week...... and they haven't finished with the other Skype interviews yet!  ;D

I'm nervous and excited about possibly moving so close to NYC - what a great experience for Funkytot and us! Hopefully we don't end up paupers living in such an expensive area.  :o

(For those that are my FB friend, please don't mention it b/c there are work people and family that don't know we're considering moving.)

Jamnicity

• Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »
That's awesome, funky! Good luck to your husband. I hope he gets the job!
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.