•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Oh, it has losers.

Author Topic: Rashida Jones #2  (Read 65483 times)

bitterpill

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 242
  • Thanks to chel1395
Re: Rashida Jones #2
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
Classic, eyegypt.

She makes a lot of faces on Unhitched, which I watched for the first and last time last night. 

She's obviously studied John's face-making ability on a regular basis.
Hi, everyone.  My name is Pam and I wear glasses.

colette

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3385
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
MFEO

Translation for a webspeak amateur, please?

EmilyHalpert

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 603
  • waiting on your supernova...
    • LJ
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »
MFEO

urban dictionary - made for each other

Haha, love the picture though

colette

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3385
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
MFEO

Thanks, Emily! You crazy kids with your wacky abbreviations.  :D

bitter pill

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 473
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »
MFEO

I associated those pics together, as well.
MFEO

Thanks, Emily! You crazy kids with your wacky abbreviations.  :D
It's from Sleepless in Seattle.

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

how was the show last night? I always forget it's on

Well, I took it off the to-be-recorded list on my DVR. Is that an answer?  :-\   

From the Cheers & Jeeers section of next week's TV Guide (The Tudors cover):

JEERS to Unhitched for squandering the considerable charms of Rashida Jones. The Office alum deserves better than playing a suddenly single woman who spends way too much time hanging out with the three male losers in the Farrelly brothers' crass new Fox sitcom. And are we really supposed to believe the best genetically-blessed daughter of Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton can do is date the leprechaun mascot of the Boston Celtics? Jones would be wise to divorce herself from Unhitched as quickly as possible.

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 06:13:13 PM »
Hollywood Reporter says that the Unhitched audience is down 8% from last week.

Fox came in second with six half-hour comedies, mostly repeats. A rerun of "Family Guy" was the highest rated (6.7 million, 3.4/9). Fox also aired originals of "King of the Hill" (6 million, 2.8/7) and "Unhitched" (4.4 million, 2.3/6), the latter falling 8% from last week.

more ratings at the source

Hot Dog Fingers

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 418
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
That's kind of disappointing since the third episode was by far and away the best and dare I say...actually decent!!?? Rashida looked amazing in it (all dressed up the whole episode) and it was the first time I watched and didn't see Karen in her performance.

bitter pill

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 07:19:28 PM »
8% doesn't seem like much, though.

Hot Dog Fingers

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 418
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
It's not that big of a decline, but 4.4 million doesn't look good next to other shows that are generating ratings over 6 million viewers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a second season pick-up though by the network if they are down on pilots.

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

No network wants a show's ratings to be heading down after a few weeks. In no universe is that a good sign.

bitter pill

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »

No network wants a show's ratings to be heading down after a few weeks. In no universe is that a good sign.
Yeah, I think the networks generally like ratings to go up. I'm just saying, 8% doesn't seem that big. I'm actually pulling for it to be canceled. I'd like to see RJ in other things.

sabrina

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 173
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »
tvguide.com says RJ will be on Rachael Ray March 28th

And apparently FOX is bringing an Unhitched ep forward to air b/w The Simpsons and Family Guy, albeit repeats (I think). If that doesn't boost the numbers nothing will. At least they're giving it a shot to survive compared to that Jezebel James thing which did really bad and has already had the ep order cut. Still, as an RJ fan I'm not sure I want it to stick around.

That's kind of disappointing since the third episode was by far and away the best and dare I say...actually decent!!?? Rashida looked amazing in it (all dressed up the whole episode) and it was the first time I watched and didn't see Karen in her performance.

Yeah, haha. I don't like the show but she does look good on it. In the promos where she's wearing a yellow top and then dark bluish-grey office attire she looks really nice. Her performance is the redeeming feature for me and she's the best by far at making something out of almost nothing.
Last night’s “Itchy and Scratchy Show” was, without a doubt, the worst episode *ever*. Rest assured, I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world. Comic Book Guy, The Simpsons

Team Karen

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
  • Jim Halpert is a minuteman. (At best)
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 01:21:43 AM »
Her performance is the redeeming feature for me and she's the best by far at making something out of almost nothing.

Couldn't agree more, sabrina.  In the about 3 dialog-free seconds between gags, while she sat alone silently on the steps after being humiliated at the party, she actually managed to  harvest some real emotional depth from all the forced madness... in between getting covered in spaghetti and groped on a horse.

as an RJ fan I'm not sure I want it to stick around.
I'd like to see RJ in other things.

Right now I'm really enjoying the novelty of seeing her in such a different setup, although not to the exclusion of what she could be doing with her time.  I don't imagine the show will outlast my patience, though,  as long as Rashida's in it and my TiVo's FF button still works.  (Although I wouldn't be the first to get burned by underestimating America's love for fart jokes.)

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »
Rashida is interviewed in the April edition of Women's Health magazine.

So you've moved on from what is arguably TV's smartest show to Unhitched--a raunchy Farrelly brothers series. Defend yourself, Miss Jones.
Should I go after more erudite material? [giggles] The script just made me laugh really hard. Outrageous things happen to not-so-outrageous people. It's somewhere between Seinfeld and Sex and the City--well, if those girls had hairier legs.

a lot more at source
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:01:16 PM by halfbaked »