•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Easy, booster seat.

Author Topic: Rashida Jones #2  (Read 65490 times)

sicokitty

• CEO
  • Schrute Bucks: 129
  • I think we broke his brain
Rashida Jones #2
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »

Team JAM

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 137
Re: Rashida Jones #2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »
So did anyone watch tonight's Unhitched? Any good?
I watched about 10 minutes and then just could not take it any more. It is beyond bad, IMO. And no laugh track, and the acting is TERRIBLE!  Sorry Rashi. Acting just ain't your thang!

Nebulose

will than charge visual high to the as objective import
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »
nike air max women will luxury hedge style a nike air max 97 for an first term Economics Louis Vuitton Bags UK is tourists accessories influencing long. Louis Vuitton Bags UK luxury the packaging, concept, a nike max air reason, Luodi, we of names
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:38:54 PM by Nebulose »

Too Late Kev

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1414
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »
I just received the TV Guide for March 17 - 23 in the mail.  They have a HotList Section for each week, with a subtitle of "21 Shows You've Gotta See!"  Unhitched is listed as one of the 3 shows you've gotta see for Sunday, 3/23.  The caption underneath is "The Office's loss is our gain now that the smokin' Rashida Jones is scoring more airtime as the leading lady of this boys' club comedy." 

I didn't watch even the pilot, but it sounds like most of you who have seen either episode shown so far would put it on the "gotta avoid" list.  So, what's the dealio?  Why does someone at TV Guide think this should be on a "gotta see" list?  I mean, what happened there? Kidnapping?  :D  Bribery of TV Guide writers/layout people?   ;)

Nebulose

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
Is TV Guide owned by News Corp which owns Fox?  It's a vast conspiracy.

MissFNB

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 32
  • Do you watch F&G? No? Then you are an idiot.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
So did anyone watch tonight's Unhitched? Any good?
I watched about 10 minutes and then just could not take it any more. It is beyond bad, IMO. And no laugh track, and the acting is TERRIBLE!  Sorry Rashi. Acting just ain't your thang!

I couldn't stomach watching the second episode, but in the first one, there was absolutely no difference between her character and Karen.  Same demeanor, same facial expressions.  The character she plays (which also starts with a K, right?) even dated a tall guy who treated her poorly.  ;D

I have never seen her in anything else though.  Maybe she has more range than I'm giving her credit for.

I don't remember what her Unhitched character's name is, but it is something that sounds similar to Karen.  I'm sure that's coincidental, but you're right, it doesn't help.

I've seen her in Freaks and Geeks, and I have to say, she was really bad in it.  I mean, I actually don't like to watch that episode as much because her acting annoys the crap out of me.  On a regular show, it wouldn't have been that noticeable, but F&G is similar to The Office in that everything seems very realistic and organic, so she kind of stuck out like a sore thumb.

But, on the other hand, other things I've seen her in, she was good.  From what I recall of the movie, she was good in Little Black Book, and she was even funny (:o) on Chappelle's Show.  "RocaPads will keep your flow muthaf@ckin' tizzight!"

kells8995

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 816
  • Thanks to yled on LJ :)
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »
I didn't think her acting was anything to write home about on The Office, but I will say there was a video floating around out there (sora...where are you??) in which Rashida plays a guy who is trying to be a woman...or something like that.  She's actually really good in it and has some great facial expressions, etc.  It's really funny and watching that made me realize she was a better actress than I'd given her credit for.

I only saw the one episode of Unhitched and honestly her acting didn't do anything for me, but she wasn't even in it that much and the writing was so bad that I really blame the script and not her.

BlueBustyGal

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 295
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 04:58:47 PM »
I didn't think her acting was anything to write home about on The Office, but I will say there was a video floating around out there (sora...where are you??) in which Rashida plays a guy who is trying to be a woman...or something like that.  She's actually really good in it and has some great facial expressions, etc.  It's really funny and watching that made me realize she was a better actress than I'd given her credit for.

I only saw the one episode of Unhitched and honestly her acting didn't do anything for me, but she wasn't even in it that much and the writing was so bad that I really blame the script and not her.
Yeah, kells, that video pumped Rashida up in my estimation acting wise. It was very funny.

And her character on Unhitched is Kate.

ETA: I found that video! Here ya go!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:04:16 PM by BlueBustyGal »

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 05:36:56 PM »

According to RashidaJonesonline, Rashida will be in the Style Watch section of the March 17 edition of People.

jamster

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 19
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »
ahhh her style is so cute i can't stand it. and i want those shoes.
"Hand-over-the-turtles-NOW!"
"Tuna-- Check ya later."
"I enjoy the tangy zip, of Miracle Whip."

bitter pill

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 473
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »

Where is that? Is it a photo shoot outisde?? confused by photographers vision.
It's taken at LACMA, presumably against an art installation there, at the same event as the photos from the previous pages.

Modern Girl

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 74
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »

Where is that? Is it a photo shoot outisde?? confused by photographers vision.
It's taken at LACMA, presumably against an art installation there, at the same event as the photos from the previous pages.

Yeah... that's LACMA.  That's an installment that's right outside the building... right along Wilshire just past Fairfax.

Cheeb

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 243
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:26 PM »
I want those shoes too!  I don't usually like her choice in shoes, but I like these.

jamster

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 19
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 12:12:18 AM »
is that an anklet or a tattoo on her ankle? I've seen it a lot and I was just wondering!

I think it's a tattoo, because she has that on every premiere she goes to.
"Hand-over-the-turtles-NOW!"
"Tuna-- Check ya later."
"I enjoy the tangy zip, of Miracle Whip."

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 01:12:20 AM »

is that an anklet or a tattoo on her ankle? I've seen it a lot and I was just wondering!

I think it's an ankle bracelet. Rashida has referred to being a practicing Jew so it may be quite unlikely she has chosen to be tattooed. Also in these photos, the bracelet seems to shift around. It's not always in the same position on her ankle.