•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
I donít back down. My sister and I used to be best friends, and we havenít talked in 16 years. Over some disagreement I donít even remember. SoÖ yeah, Iím pretty good.

Author Topic: Lord, Beer Me Strength #3  (Read 15267 times)

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
Re: Lord, Beer Me Strength #3
« Reply #705 on: December 05, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
Please beer me strength that I make it through the next 5.5 days watching Funkytot (4 years old) by myself. My husband is going to DC on Saturday for a conference and then flying to NY for a job interview. I don't know how military wives do it - seriously!
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

Jamnicity

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #706 on: December 05, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
Aww, funky, much strength beered to you! I've watched my kids on my own for up to a week, and it can be tough, but there are some perks to it. Like, once the kiddo is in bed for the night, the evening is yours! Maybe watch a movie or TV show that you know your husband might not particularly like or read a book. Enjoy some you time. Good luck! :)
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

Too Late Kev

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1414
    • Twitter
« Reply #707 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
I once had my twins for 3 weeks when my husband was on a business trip. They were 18 months or so. I was dreading it, but it turned out that it helped me get more on a schedule. Instead of, "When [Dad] comes home, we'll have dinner and he can help me get them to bed," I had to just do it on my own, so I wasn't kind of waiting around for his help. Then when he came back, I said, "This is our schedule, you need to get with it!" :)

I think military spouses get to be very self-sufficient.

Anyway, how did it go, funky?

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #708 on: December 23, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (although I was definitely ready for DH to get home). I worked 3 of the days (so I only had to deal with morning and night time - which can be pretty bad) and on the weekend I planned play dates, a trip to Toys R Us (for him to play with all the toys), and shamefully, lots of TV.  ;D
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"