•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Climb on top of her and think about Stanley.

Author Topic: The Other TV Boyfriends #3  (Read 18846 times)

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
Re: The Other TV Boyfriends #3
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 11:50:19 PM »

For all the Clive Owen loversó
Moviefone has posted some "unscripted" interviews between Clive Owen and Naomi Watts to promote their movie, The International.

They're nowhere nearly as much fun as the "unscripted" interviews for Leatherheads;D

zerohhero

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3365
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
Look who was at the Dunk contest last night.

<----- lisahoo's fine work

sharky

• Business Park Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 418
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
I couldn't really tell if that was Zlevi -- then I saw the shoes. Yep, that's him.

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »
I just saw a promo for Castle on ABC.  *jumps up & down, clapping like Kelly at Victoria's Secret*

BottleBlue

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 72
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »
Mark and Olly anyone?

You can have Mark, but I get Olly.

colette

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3385
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 07:02:16 AM »
Mark and Olly anyone?

You can have Mark, but I get Olly.

Ha! I love those guys (Olly is cute, though I have to admit, I love him more as a friend. :D) Had no idea anyone else here was into that show - BottleBlue, did you see their last one, Living with the Mek? If you have a thing for Olly, I rec you do - two words: penis gourd.

girl7

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1057
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:22 PM »
I just saw a promo for Castle on ABC.  *jumps up & down, clapping like Kelly at Victoria's Secret*

lisahoo: The mere thought that NF will be on network television again -- every week! -- leaves me almost unable to sit still.  Seriously. 

colette, BottleBlue: I have no idea who Mark & Olly are, but I must say, Olly's kind of cute.  (And Ms. colette, I do believe you have a type; Olly bears a bit of a resemblance to one Clive Owen.  ;))

wendolf

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 651
  • Cousin Mose is awesome.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »
girl7, I thought of you when Mr. Wendolf and I went to see He's Just Not That Into You this weekend and they showed a promo for Castle and I had to bite my tongue instead of saying, "Hey! That's girl7's TV boyfriend Nathan Fillion!" To which he would have replied: "Huh?"

I mean, he knows I hang out on these boards, but he definitely doesn't know there is a TV Boyfriend thread. So if I had told him, then he'd be asking about my TV boyfriends (which I'm pretty open about, but still...) and then he'd want to know who girl7 was, and then he'd make fun of us with our online names and ... well ... it was easier to just bite my tongue. But I thought of you!

Also: Bradley Cooper? Guh guh guh. He plays a jackass in that movie, which might be a good thing because if he ever plays a really good romantic lead, I am done, ladies. He'd have a permanent spot on my charm bracelet. No lie.

ETA: because this --> (man. the eyes!)

combined with this -->

thudicon
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:40:00 PM by wendolf »

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
wendolf: Believe it or not, my husband wanted to go see that movie, and I begged off.  (I have a peeve about films that perpetuate the image of men as holding all the cards, particularly when it comes to marriage, thereby reducing women to ultimatum issuing shrews.  ...Which is likely not an accurate assessment of that movie, but the brief clip with Jennifer Aniston nagging Ben Affleck about marrying her set off my peeve.  :D)

All this rambling to say (or rather, ask): Is it wrong that I'm totally going to insist that we see the movie this weekend?  I mean...Nathan Fillion on the big screen....?   smileythud  [/shameless]

Now, Bradley Cooper is one of those men who is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, but who ultimately does nothing for me.  (Of course, that just means more for the rest of you.   ;))

colette

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3385
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »
(And Ms. colette, I do believe you have a type; Olly bears a bit of a resemblance to one Clive Owen.  ;))

I admit nothing, girl7;)

But besides the physical resemblance - in varying degrees (Olly's kinda hot; Clive is incendiary) - the main thing they have in common is they're both fully growed up men, who seem like they know a thing or two. (Or probably three or four...  >:D)

BottleBlue

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 72
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
Please save me a slice of Bradley Cooper.  I remember back in the days of the late, great Alias, the debate raged over Cooper vs. Michael Vartan.  I was always squarely in the Cooper corner.

Of course if I were really pressed to choose, I might just have to go Victor Garber.  What's the male equivalent of a cougar?

wendolf

• Regional Manager
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
The movie does definitely perpetuate the stereotypes you mentioned and it kind of irked me at first, too (I mean, not ALL women nag their boyfriends into marriage and not ALL women become frigid, controlling shrews once the ring is on their finger, etc.) ... but there was also something very true about it as well. Some of those things do happen sometimes (the exception, perhaps, than the rule?) and for that, I found some truth in the stories it told. Even Bradley Cooper's character (spoilered for those who don't want to be spoiled)

(click to show/hide)

Back on topic: yeah, Bradley Cooper is more clasically handsome than, say, JK or ZL and lately the quirkier, less leading-man looking is what I've been going for. But I don't know ... there is something smoking sexy about him that I can't resist. And then I find out he graduated with honors in English from Georgetown. Now why ya gotta' go do that, Mr. Cooper? Why?

ETA: Plus, he's slightly more age appropriate for me. He's in his 30s, at least.  ;D And he wears a size 14 shoe.  :o Niiice. /Kevin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:11:07 PM by wendolf »

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
What's the male equivalent of a cougar?

I'm gonna go with wildebeest for $5,000.   ;D

colette: You mean, they know stuff about math and cars and computers...things like that?   ;)

Oh, and BottleBlue, for some reason, I have never, ever been able to see the appeal of Michael Vartan.  Not even when I was watching Alias.  (My apologies to the MV fans among us - but again, more for you guys....)

wendolf: By virtue of his English degree, Bradley Cooper just shot up several notches in my book.  Who doesn't love a man who loves literature??

wendolf

• Regional Manager
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »

wendolf: By virtue of his English degree, Bradley Cooper just shot up several notches in my book.  Who doesn't love a man who loves literature??

I know, right? I mean, I love me some Zach Levi, but the education snob in me wishes he would have gone to college.  ;) But Bradley Cooper? English? Plus, honors? With those blue eyes and that ... ahem ... body? Not fair. At. All.

I never watched Alias, but I did think Michael Vartan was cute in Never Been Kissed. Not HOT hot. But cute enough.  ;D

Blanca

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 187
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »
What's the male equivalent of a cougar?

Do you need a nickname when you're basically talking about the entire male population?

I loved Bradley Cooper as Will on Alias, but he's not really my type. Did anyone see that TV adaptation of Restaurant Confidential he was in a few years back? He was pretty good in that too, although it didn't last long.

LOL lol winky face