•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
As of this morning, we are completely wireless here at Schrute Farms.  As soon as I find out where Mose hid all the wires, we can have the power back on.

Author Topic: The Other TV Boyfriends #3  (Read 22166 times)

wendolf

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 651
  • Cousin Mose is awesome.
Re: The Other TV Boyfriends #3
« Reply #855 on: May 10, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
"New" TV boyfriends, you say?  Well, hmm.... Yeah, I got nothing but this guy:

What can I say? I am not a fickle woman.  :D

That's one of the many reasons we love you, g7. Consistency.  ;D

I've not seen The Hunger Games yet (though I just finished re-reading it), but I'm planning on going in the next week or so because I'm going to be teaching it soon (the book, not the film). I've heard lots of good things about Josh Hutcherson, too, wendolf

I think it's hilarious that your daughter and her friends are admiring his jawline! (It is rather nice.)  When I was her age, I was admiring Simon LeBon's shoulders, and sadly, I still do. (Again, I am not a fickle woman. ::))

I hope you enjoy the movie. I thought they did a nice job with it. I've actually seen it three times, now -- I'm the cool mom who keeps taking her daughter, who is too young to drive herself. My mom would've NEVER indulged my obsessions like this! Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... I like to think good.  ;)

Yeah, the jawline thing totally cracks me up. But I've seen a youtube video of a girl singing a song to Josh Hutcherson (there are plenty of them) and she mentions his jawline in there, too, so it must be a popular observation. I'd link the video, but I'm blocked from Youtube here at work.  :( I remember those teenage crushes like they were yesterday. Wait ... they literally WERE yesterday, because I still have them. Keeps me young.

wendolf

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 651
  • Cousin Mose is awesome.
« Reply #856 on: May 10, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »
Double post to link some Josh Hutcherson interviews I posted awhile back in The Hunger Games thread. Again, I don't typically find 14-year-old boys attractive, but how cute is he in that first one? My 8th grade self would have swooned over him in a heartbeat.

Age 14
Age 17
Age 19 - pt 1
Age 19 - pt 2

girl7

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1057
« Reply #857 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
That's one of the many reasons we love you, g7. Consistency.  Grin

Back at'cha, sister.  :-*

I've actually seen it three times, now -- I'm the cool mom who keeps taking her daughter, who is too young to drive herself. My mom would've NEVER indulged my obsessions like this! Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... I like to think good.  ;)

Oh, I think it's a terrific thing; what a great way to bond. My parents, actually, refused to ever let me see Duran Duran in concert (I believe my father's complaint was that they attracted weird fans - ironic, no?  ::)).  Of course, I make up for it by seeing them whenever I can now.  Talk about keeping you young - I am not a demonstrative kind of girl generally, but put Simon LeBon on stage in front of me (however way far in front of me  :D), and I'm reduced to jumping up and down, squealing like I did when I was ten.

Ah me. Love me some good TV/music boyfriends.

ETA: When I first saw the links to those videos and your comment about not finding 14 year-old boys attractive, I thought you were saying that he is CURRENTLY 14, and I was like  :o!  That is one mature 14 year-old!  :D  He's so little in the first video, isn't he?  What a cutie. 

Here's some old to your young.  :D I find this interview hilarious partly because the hosts are so...odd, and when they open with the comment about wedding bells in the Royal household, Simon looks at John like, WTF...?  But his sense of humor really comes through here, which is why I adore him. (Oh, but funky, John's not looking so good in this one. Needs a good hamburger and a brush, that one.  :D)

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #858 on: May 10, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
Hmmm... John definitely needed to eat something. I think I saw him recently and thankfully he looks better than that! Simon was never my thing, but he does look yummy with the beard (which is odd since I'm not usually a fan of facial hair).

BTW, my high school friend (who was my D2 squee partner), was a huge Simon fan, and I sent this photo to her a while back. I'm guessing you'll enjoy it as much as she did. ;)

(click to show/hide)
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
funky: Let me tell you, that absolutely traumatized me when it came out! (I did, however, send it to my husband with the caption: The man of my dreams.  :D) Seriously, it was like, my eyes! My eyes! NOOOOOOOOO!

I'll say this about Simon: He has gone through phases (see your picture  :D) that made me shake my head. For years in the mid-90s, he had the worst haircut and these awful sideburns that made him look 10 years older than he was.  Thankfully, 'round about 2005, he sexied himself up again.  :D

And the beard - god help me, the beard!  Love it. Love it even more that he has been married for 27 years, which is astonishing given what he does for a living.

Oh, and my little ones love the new album, though they totally busted me the other day. They asked for me to turn it on ("Want music on!"), and when I did, I exclaimed, "Yay, Simon!" And they both mimicked me.  Then a few days later, we were all in the car (Mr. G7, too), and they wanted to hear it; when I turned it on, they both piped up, "Yay, Simon!" just as plain as day.  Mr. G7 shot me a look with the eyebrow of death.   :D

It doesn't take much to get me on a Simon LeBon tangent, as you see.  I'll show myself out.  wavingicon

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #860 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
I never watched Friday Night Lights when it was on and I've been watching it at lunch over the past month. I'm not usually a fan of long greasy hair, but Taylor Kitsch is definitely nice to look at:

Lately, I've found myself attracted to the good looking guy in his 40s that's a good family man:

(I'm super bummed that Awake was cancelled!)
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #861 on: May 18, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
Taylor's got short hair now thanks to Battleship. 

If you're into that sort of thing   ::)

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #862 on: May 18, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »

Surprisingly, he looks better with the longer hair. I think his redneck persona is too deep in my eyes from the show for me to have a serious crush. I just think he's pretty. :D

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
« Reply #863 on: May 18, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »

Surprisingly, he looks better with the longer hair. I think his redneck persona is too deep in my eyes from the show for me to have a serious crush. I just think he's pretty. :D
I'm not much on long hair, but I agree -- he'll always be Tim Riggins to me.  Texas Forever.

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #864 on: May 18, 2012, 11:52:15 AM »
I'm not much on long hair, but I agree -- he'll always be Tim Riggins to me.  Texas Forever.

lisahoo: I have to agree with you on that one; I've seen promos for both his big movies, and I oddly don't care to even see him in another role.

funky: I envy you for watching the show for the first time. We discovered it summer before last and just devoured every season. I think Coach and Tammy Taylor's marriage was one of the most refreshing portrayals of a married couple I've ever seen.  (And no, Kyle Chandler is not bad to look at either!)

Know what I was also missing just last night? Chuck.  :-\ I'm ready for Z Levi to get another steady TV job (even if he's not looking for one!).

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
« Reply #865 on: May 19, 2012, 04:53:39 AM »
Know what I was also missing just last night? Chuck.  :-\ I'm ready for Z Levi to get another steady TV job (even if he's not looking for one!).
Me too -- seeing Adam Baldwin on Castle was both wonderful and a teeny little stab in the heart!

I was at a Styx concert last night (a friend had VIP tix for FREE, so, whatever) and I was actually looking forward to Mr. Roboto.  We had to leave before the end so we missed it -- I think I need some Jeffster youtube clips....

sora

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 2281
« Reply #866 on: May 23, 2012, 03:43:58 AM »
I've been on an Avengers kick and while they aren't TV Boyfriends, all the of the guys them are certainly yummy.  :-*

Also Benedict Cumberbatch and Dan Stevens from Sherlock and Downton Abbey, respectively.  :D

Ooo... Steven Pasquale (most notably from Rescue Me) has a new show on NBC called Do No Harm. He's nice to look at (as well as his co-star, Michael Esper, who's hilariously insane in real life).

And as far as getting to know your TV Boyfriend in "real life," there's an actor, John Gallagher Jr., who I've gotten to know over the past couple of years and he's getting his big TV break this summer in Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom" on HBO. It's going to be interesting to see if he changes any, if at all, when his name gets more well-known. But every time I talk to him, he's always been personable and quite frankly, just a normal 20-something year old guy. I remember him geeking out about the new Batman movie and admitting that he has Batman boxers. LOL. However, he's pretty grounded and is surrounded by family and friends who will keep him that way.  :)

NeverEnoughJam

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 406
    • NeverEnoughJam's website
« Reply #867 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
Dan Stevens -- yum. Not so much with the blond hair for Downton Abbey, but have you seen him as a natural brunet? Allow me:

"Keep your friends close, but keep your stalkers closer." -- John Krasinski

This message is a natural product made from 100% recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

kreidy

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 487
« Reply #868 on: June 06, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
NeverEnoughJam, have you seen the most recent BBC adaptation of Sense and Sensibility? Dan Stevens was such a great Edward Ferrars, despite the fact that Ferrars may not be the most interesting and dashing Austen hero.

"I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs." - Andy

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #869 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
I saw Magic Mike last weekend, and not too surprising, I find Joe all kinds of hot!

Now I'm trying to find last season's True Blood online b/c I don't have Netflix anymore. :(
Funny how a scruffy beard and muscles can really make a difference b/c I didn't find him nearly as appealing on How I Met Your Mother (even though he has one of my favorite lines - "These eggs benes are redonkulous.") :)