•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Sorry, Tuna, but if you don't know why that's awesome, you need awesome lessons.

Author Topic: The Other TV Boyfriends #3  (Read 22520 times)

sora

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 2281
Re: The Other TV Boyfriends #3
« Reply #870 on: July 17, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »
I haven't seen Magic Mike or True Bloods but Joe Manganiello will always be Owen from "One Tree Hill" for me.  laughingicon

girl7

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1057
« Reply #871 on: August 07, 2012, 08:23:48 AM »
Psst...calling wendolf, lisahoo, and all you other Zach Levi and Nathan Fillion fans: Not only does this short clip feature ZLevi kissing a fan for charity (and boy does he seem to give her her money's worth!  :o), but you will also see NF ambush the stage, hurl a bunch of dollars at ZLevi, and then plant a big one on him. (Oh, and Adam Baldwin joins the fun, too.)

Now here's some pretty for you fine people:

sora, funky: I find myself frustrated by Joe Manganiello, because while I find him ridiculously hot on a superficial level, there's something about him that puts me off, and I can't figure out what it is (hence the frustration). :D I think maybe it's because he doesn't seem funny...?  (Of course, when you look like that, I suppose you don't have to worry about being funny, right?)

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »
sora, funky: I find myself frustrated by Joe Manganiello, because while I find him ridiculously hot on a superficial level, there's something about him that puts me off, and I can't figure out what it is (hence the frustration). :D I think maybe it's because he doesn't seem funny...?  (Of course, when you look like that, I suppose you don't have to worry about being funny, right?)

Ha - I find him pretty funny on HIMYM, and I'm so excited that he'll be back this season for a few episodes. I just hope he shows up shirtless again.  ;D

BTW, did you know that Dr. Horrible will be shown on CW sometime soon? They've been doing some publicity for it so maybe you'll have more Nathan sightings. :)
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
funky: See, he's not particularly funny at all on True Blood (not that he's supposed to be), but he is naked a good deal of the time. In the episode before last week, there was some serious Alcide (his character's name) nudity. You would approve.  ;D

I did hear that about Dr. Horrible's, and I'm thrilled about it. I've been in Nathan heaven these past few weeks. The ComiCon stuff was just wonderful - he literally cried through so much of the Firefly panel (as did Joss), and it was so sweet. Joss also told a story about a visiting actor who'd been disrespectful to the female cast, and apparently Nathan let him have it. Awww.

In light of the history of this thread, it was also sweet to see that he and Zac Levi have apparently become good friends. Now if they could just befriend JK, we'd really be in business....

wendolf

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 651
  • Cousin Mose is awesome.
« Reply #874 on: August 10, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
Psst...calling wendolf, lisahoo, and all you other Zach Levi and Nathan Fillion fans: Not only does this short clip feature ZLevi kissing a fan for charity (and boy does he seem to give her her money's worth!  :o), but you will also see NF ambush the stage, hurl a bunch of dollars at ZLevi, and then plant a big one on him. (Oh, and Adam Baldwin joins the fun, too.)

Ok, I LOVED that. Love those guys. Adorbs. *sigh* I miss my Zac.

sora

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 2281
« Reply #875 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
Dan Stevens is on Broadway in "The Heiress." He has an American accent which, I thought, was very good. And he was very nice in person, too.

After the show, I went grabbed a late lunch/early dinner across the street and ended up sitting in the booth from Dan's co-star, Jessica Chastain, who was talking to her friends (including Michael Urie); she mentioned that Dan is very sweet. :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:29:52 AM by sora »

girl7

• Regional Manager
« Reply #876 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
Well now, ladies...in light of MTT's renaissance as we approach the series finale, I thought it only fitting to resurrect this particular thread. So (rubbing hands together, pulling up photobucket account) let's get started, shall we?  >:D

I don't mean to shock you all, but, well, this guy is still number one on my list:

When Wil Wheaton posted this picture (along with the explanation that his wife had asked Nathan to sweep her off her feet, and Nathan had instructed Wil to stand off to the side looking sad), my husband was all, "Oh my god! Nathan totally stole our idea!" Because when we had our picture made with him and Alan Tudyk, my husband asked them to "hug up" to me (dear god, why didn't we think to ask Nathan to freaking pick me up? Oh, right, because I would've fainted dead away. It's a good thing, ultimately.  :D), and then my husband said, "And I'll stand off over here looking all, 'what...?!'" Our picture looks a lot like theirs, at least in terms of Nathan's expression and Wil's positioning and expression. Were I more skilled at photoshop, I'd post it (blocking out faces - you know, privacy and all), but alas, I'm not. In any case, theirs is a hilarious picture:

Now for some odd reason, my photobucket account is just filled with pictures of this guy, and I just can't imagine why. Perhaps wendolf knows...?  >:D

And then there were others....

Okay, so this one's a little unfortunate if you watched The Following (though I still found James Purefoy funny and charming as ever):

Also, who knew that James Purefoy and Scott Foley kinda look alike?

For the love of god, I need to just stop. Ahem.

wavingicon

sweetpea

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 950
  • by Lisahoo
« Reply #877 on: May 16, 2013, 12:34:01 PM »
Why stop now, you SLP?

I have a pretty big crush on Nathan Fillion, too.  But not as big as the one I have on Josh Charles. 

wendolf

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 651
  • Cousin Mose is awesome.
« Reply #878 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:03 PM »
girl7, I was just looking at my photobucket account and it's shameful how many pictures I have of JK and ZL. I'll go post my JK pretty in the Treehouse, but here are a few of my faves of my other boyfriend...

Okay, this is not my fave, but I'm impressed that he can hold SIX beers at once!

And how about one for old time's sake?

Apparently I've liked scruff since I was in 6th grade.  ;D

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #879 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »
I'll add mine, too.

Ah Joe - I love you as the adorkable Brad on HIMYM and the smokin' hot Alcide on True Blood.

Mr. Darcy with a bit of scruff:

A bit of James McAvoy:

Captain America (actually looks a lot like a real life crush I had):

I have a weakness for funny men with accents:
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

sweetpea

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 950
  • by Lisahoo
« Reply #880 on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »
Love Chris O'Dowd!  Have you seen The Sapphires yet, funkybutt?

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #881 on: May 16, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »
Love Chris O'Dowd!  Have you seen The Sapphires yet, funkybutt?

Nope, I'll have to check it out!

Morning Angel

• CEO
  • Schrute Bucks: 1674
  • LJ icon made by Cornicopia
« Reply #882 on: May 16, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
Love Chris O'Dowd.  I missed the first episode of Family Tree last weekend.  Will catch up this weekend.

I have 2 new TV boyfriends, Chip Esten on "Nashville" (which, honestly, I did not see coming because he didn't do much for me on The Office or Whose Line), and Matthew Rhys on "The Americans", which again, I'm not sure I could explain, except that he is compelling on screen. lol
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #883 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »
I can't post pics because I'm on my phone, but none of my other "boyfriends" are currently on TV, but may have been at one time: George Clooney (undying since I was 13, no lie), Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale, and Michael Phelps (most people find this very odd.)

I do find Chris O'Dowd adorable, I think it's the accent.  LOVED him in Friends with Kids.
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
« Reply #884 on: May 20, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »