•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
It all happened so fast!

Author Topic: Music #2: I've Been Putting Money Into CDs For Years.  (Read 6437 times)

norsk_heksen

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 164
  • SHOVE IT!
Re: Music #2: I've Been Putting Money Into CDs For Years.
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
From the "Delivery" thread...

Wow!  That is awesome n_h!  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who made a playlist.  I also don't know if this is the right place to share and I don't know how to share it like you, but here's my list:

(click to show/hide)

A lot of these songs are ones I used to play for my babies, or remind me of Jim and Pam or just what it's like to be the mother of a daughter.  Thanks for sharing yours, n_h, now I can add some more to my list!            

Awesome! I actually don't know most of yours, but I recognize some names and think, 'That's an awesome artist, and I need to know that song,' haha... actually the last one I only know the Celine Dion version of, which I haven't listened to since I was about 12. I'm guessing the original is better. :P

In order to upload stuff to share, you can create a free account at sendspace.com, and upload files from your computer into a folder, then go to folder options and choose to share it, and it will give you a url that you can post here, or wherever you'd like to share it! Also, that's where zerohhero keeps his clips of amazingness. :)

In case anybody missed it and wants to yoink, my playlist is here, and I may as well put titles and artists underneath a spoiler bar too! Also, Schrutebuck to anyone who guesses which one I sing to my son cat! ;)

(click to show/hide)
Now I see a family where there once was none. Now we've just begun. Yeah, we're gonna fly to the sun. -Kenny Loggins

~心心相印~~印相心心~

Beeswax

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 245
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2010, 07:32:40 AM »
Thanks n_h!  I'll try that sendspace.com.  I also love the mix of artists on your playlist.  Sharing is fun!

I'm going to guess that you sing "Calico Skies" to your cat.  :)
I had just woken up.  I didn't look cute.  That's how I knew he meant it.

beanyb

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 83
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »
I'm just back from seeing Ellie Goulding live. Wow. She was amazing. I wasnt expecting all that much, because I was afraid a lot of the buzz around her was just over-hype. But seriously, she was just fantastic.

WalkInLove

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 801
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
For any fans of She & Him, NPR is now streaming their soon to be release album Volume Two.  Thank you so much to Jenn for the heads up!  ;D

extrasupervery

• Jr. Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 22
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
Ooooh, I can't wait for the new She & Him album!  Love love love Zooey Deschanel.

adampascalfan12

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 100
  • "Never ever give up.."
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
I have been listening to Celtic Women for last couple days. Their voices are amazing and angelic!

norsk_heksen

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 164
  • SHOVE IT!
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
Thanks n_h!  I'll try that sendspace.com.  I also love the mix of artists on your playlist.  Sharing is fun!

I'm going to guess that you sing "Calico Skies" to your cat.  :)

I almost forgot about this! Haha... you know how you know I'm stupid? I didn't even think about "calico" and "cat"! ::) Even though your answer isn't true, it's better than mine, so Schrutebuck to you! ;) The first time I brought my cat to the vet, I tried singing "Forever Young" to calm him down, but he didn't like it, so I sang "Happiness Runs" which I happened to have in my head instead, and he stopped squirming and rubbed his head on my chin. <3
Now I see a family where there once was none. Now we've just begun. Yeah, we're gonna fly to the sun. -Kenny Loggins

~心心相印~~印相心心~

kreidy

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 487
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »
I went to see a concert with Bon Jovi last weekend, and I was blown away by Jon Bon Jovi's voice and the rest of the band. I've liked their music for years, so it was a lot of fun to sing/yell "Livin' on a Prayer" together with 25000 other fans. However, the highlight of the concert was when Jon walked out on a small stage in the middle of the audience and sang "Hallelujah." Wow. Goosebumps all over. I really wish his version was available for download on iTunes.

"I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs." - Andy

NanReg

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3249
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »
Give it up for the Jersey boy!   :D

The last concert I saw was two weeks ago:  Jamie Cullum.  Love his music, and he's a fantastic live performer.  Next one is Joan Osborne in April.  Oh, and for all my fellow old heads, I saw Boz Scaggs last month.  He's still so good. 

sora

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 2281
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2010, 12:47:46 AM »
Okay, I'm not the biggest music fan in the world. I hear music and I generally like most of it but I don't go to concerts or anything like that. Well, on Friday, I went to a Foxboro Hot Tubs show. FHT is basically Green Day but under another name and different music style...

Holy cow. That was the most insane thing I have ever been to. Billie Joe Armstrong The Rev was crowd-surfing and hanging off the pipes of the venue. Everyone else was crowd-surfing. It was ridiculous. It took a while for me to regain proper hearing. LOL. But it was quite the experience.  ;D

NeverEnoughJam

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 406
    • NeverEnoughJam's website
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2010, 02:44:47 AM »
After watching The Tudors for years, I finally gave in to my curiosity and checked out Joss Stone (who plays Anne of Cleves). My God, that woman can sing! I immediately bought a couple of her albums. I am completely blown away. I love her voice, which reminds me of Janis Joplin, one of the greatest soul singers ever.

I'm famous in my family for buying music made by actors (Robert Downey, Jr., Christian Kane, even Don Johnson, back in the day), but I think they'll stop laughing at me now.
"Keep your friends close, but keep your stalkers closer." -- John Krasinski

This message is a natural product made from 100% recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Ash86

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 902
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2010, 02:51:42 AM »
Joss Stone is actually known as a singer first - her debut album was huge in the UK back in 2003 (and now I feel old for remembering it!). She seems to have disappeared over the last few years - I hadn't realised she'd taken on acting roles too. :)

NanReg

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3249
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2010, 08:26:11 AM »
We enjoyed her debut album, too, Ash.  The local "college" radio station played it alot, and I still listen to it now and again.  She was a baby back then--16 maybe--and I couldn't believe the maturity of her voice.  Didn't like the follow-up album as much, but it was still good.  Most recently (and by that I mean within in the past year or so) I saw her perform with Leann Rimes on Palladia, the HD channel. 

NeverEnoughJam

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 406
    • NeverEnoughJam's website
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »
I bought her first album and her latest. The latest has more "production" behind it; it's less of a bare-bones sound. But I like both of them.

Ash86, I was aware that she was a famous singer first, but hadn't bothered to go looking for her music. I've learned that most of the "famous singers" everyone touts don't appeal to me. I hear too much "American Idol" in their voices--they mistake loud for good. But Joss has a real voice, with depth and soul. It is nothing whatsoever like her acting voice. It's sort of like the shock I got the first time I heard Robert Downey Jr. or Gerard Butler sing.

Or Zach Levi. :D

Hey, this is a discussion about a soul singer! I finally get to use this guy!  O0
"Keep your friends close, but keep your stalkers closer." -- John Krasinski

This message is a natural product made from 100% recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

bkwrm

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 1152
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2010, 03:05:46 AM »
Question  smileyDwight:

What are some of the songs that make you just want to get up and dance (shake your booty/drop it like it's hot/Elaine Benes-ing/act like one of these smiley --> /whatever) whenever you hear it?

I'm looking to put together a playlist for a road trip and would love some ideas/suggestions.  Rock, rap, hippity-hoppity, country, techno....anything goes.  Thank you!