•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Angela, I know this is weird because we work together and because up until and possibly including now, I've repulsed you, but I like you.

Author Topic: Music #2: I've Been Putting Money Into CDs For Years.  (Read 4939 times)

SnoWhiteSally

• CEO
  • Schrute Bucks: 860
  • Looking for her Jim.
    • Sally's Boutique
Re: Music #2: I've Been Putting Money Into CDs For Years.
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
Ahhh I have to share in my excitment. Robbie Williams and gary Barlow have recorded a song together - this is the first time i've heard them both sing together since 1995 *claps*

dinknflicker

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 227
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
Has anyone heard these guys before? Kind of amazing. Atomic Tom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAllFWSl998
I never know.  I just say it. I say stuff like that, you know, to lighten the tension when things sorta get hard." "That's what she said."

Callisto

• Human Resources
  • Schrute Bucks: 1214
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
So R.E.M. is officially calling it quits. :(  I like a lot of their music.

(Of course, there's also part of me that's going "they were still together?"  :D)
Love is a cunning weaver of fables and fantasies. - Sappho

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »
Let's see, they were 'the' college band when I was in school (20 years ago).  They had a good run, but I guess that means college is OVER.

This might cheer y'all up:
Furry Happy Monsters

NanReg

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3249
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »
I still love Losing My Religion. It stands the test of time IMHO.

dinknflicker

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 227
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:32 AM »
"Night Swimming" is my fav. They had a good run, though.
I never know.  I just say it. I say stuff like that, you know, to lighten the tension when things sorta get hard." "That's what she said."

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
I need some help from the musically inclined folks in residence ~

So my kidlet got a First Act Upright Piano for Xmas (from the BIL without children of his own, of course). It has spent a lot of time in time out already (oy), but I figure if my 4yo is going to have this thing (she was SO excited), she may as well learn to do SOMETHING other than bang on the thing.

I thought maybe it would come with a songbook, or little cheat-sheet tabs to put over the keys so she could learn to play “Twinkle, Twinkle”, but there’s nothing. Do any of y’all have any recommendations of songbooks or something similar aimed at a 4yo or thereabouts? As you can see, it’s not anything fancy where I feel the need to shell out for piano lessons, but if she just bangs on the thing, I’m going to 'accidentally' drop something VERY heavy on it. Soon.

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2015, 12:08:34 AM »
Mrs RAH and I went to see Willie Nelson in concert this past weekend.  And a rodeo.  Two things we'd never done.  Yes I am a native Texan so quit rolling your eyes in disbelief.  He was quite good.  Going to be 82 next month and still plays a mean guitar.  Did all the classics like Crazy, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys, Whiskey River, etc.  Rodeo was ok but through no fault of theirs a bit confusing.  Penalties for things I didn't always understand.  But it's not the PA announcer's job to explain the sport at every turn.  We don't ask anyone to explain what holding is in football or any other rule in a sport I do know well.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.