•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
I'm trying to write something funny here. What am I going to do with a removed uterus?

Author Topic: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6  (Read 19013 times)

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
Re: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
Yikes, I just caught up with this thread. I am so sorry IF. bighugsicon I have a MIL who also only has sons, so was really wanting a granddaughter. Between her boys she has six grandsons. ;) She may have been disappointed, but always kept it to herself. It's a shame your MIL can't enjoy the joy of having little guys again. I have to say my MIL is a wonderful grandma and was able to be grateful for her grandboys.

Callisto

• Human Resources
  • Schrute Bucks: 1214
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »
I am the youngest of the nine total kids born to my mom and her sister, her only sibling. I am also the only girl.  I wonder what my grandma was like with the birth of each new grandson!   :D
Love is a cunning weaver of fables and fantasies. - Sappho

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »
I am the youngest of the nine total kids born to my mom and her sister, her only sibling. I am also the only girl.  I wonder what my grandma was like with the birth of each new grandson!   :D
My aunt & uncle have 4 grown children, who have in turn dutifully produced 9 grandsons.  Eventually a granddaughter showed up, but until then, they would show everyone pictures of their "baseball team" of grandsons.

Sorry your MIL is a Dunderhead, IF.   And not in a good way.

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »
Between my wife, her sisters and my brother and I our parents have 0 grandkids of any gender.  Kind of.  Her older sister married a man who had two kids.  So other than the early years (kids are now in their 20s) they did get those two to as grandkids (which definitely counts).  I think one was like three and the other was like nine.  As it turns out those two have each already been married and had a kid.  But they aren't heard from due to a family dispute so no great-grandkids to dote on.  Too late for that sister to have a kid, not likely for us so that leaves her younger sister and my younger brother (both married only a year or three).  So your MIL could easily have it much worse.  Not that it's any consolation to get  >:(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:27:49 PM by rahenson1 »
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

kreidy

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 487
« Reply #694 on: May 28, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
I hate that Facebook deactivated my account, and I have no idea why. If somebody hacked it, I'll burn Utica to the ground.  ~0

"I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs." - Andy

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #695 on: May 28, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
I hate that Facebook deactivated my account, and I have no idea why. If somebody hacked it, I'll burn Utica to the ground.  ~0

What?!  I'll meet you in Utica if it's true. I hope you don't lose all your pictures and stuff - hope to see you around there again soon. 

kreidy

• Regional Manager
« Reply #696 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
Yeah, I have lots of pictures on my Facebook account, and I also use it to stay in touch with my friends in the US.  :-\

I sent them an e-mail last night, but I only got an automatic reply, so I think I'll have to try again today.

"I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs." - Andy

Spencer

« Reply #697 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:09 AM »
I hope it's fixed! You still show up in my search and friends list, but when I click it says "The page you requested was not found." :(

Keeping *fingers crossed*!

kreidy

• Regional Manager
« Reply #698 on: May 29, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
I just got it back! I had to send several emails before they fixed it, but it's back now. Thank goodness.  :)

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #699 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
I was just about to get the whites to wash them (mainly b/c I'm out of socks!) and when I wash clothes I, you know, grab everything I can. However, when hubby washes clothes, it's only *his* stuff. So, when I went to get the whites, there was only a small pile of socks b/c he grabbed all his undershirts to wash. He said "I wish I'd known" - like it would have been so freakin' difficult to also grab my socks to wash with his shirts. So now it'll be a waste to run the washer with just my socks.

Why is it that men can't do anyone else's laundry?! I'm always the one that washes Funkytot's stuff in addition to my stuff and hubby's non-work stuff.  ::)
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #700 on: July 15, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
I was just about to get the whites to wash them (mainly b/c I'm out of socks!) and when I wash clothes I, you know, grab everything I can. However, when hubby washes clothes, it's only *his* stuff. So, when I went to get the whites, there was only a small pile of socks b/c he grabbed all his undershirts to wash. He said "I wish I'd known" - like it would have been so freakin' difficult to also grab my socks to wash with his shirts. So now it'll be a waste to run the washer with just my socks.

Why is it that men can't do anyone else's laundry?! I'm always the one that washes Funkytot's stuff in addition to my stuff and hubby's non-work stuff.  ::)

I'm very neurotic about our laundry.  I not only separate whites from colors, but light colors from dark colors (if I only have a few whites, I'll throw them in with my light colors.)  Anyway, when my husband and I moved in together, I showed him how I separated and he said, "This is too complicated, let's just do our own laundry."  Here we are 6 years later, we still do our laundry separate and on top of that, I do the kids' laundry, my own, all the sheets and towels and he only does his own.  I can't ask him to do the kids' laundry because he doesn't check for stains and HELLO, we have two boys!  He'll wash towels and sheets if I ask, but constantly forgets to put them in the dryer!  Ugh, men!
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #701 on: July 15, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
I'm very neurotic about our laundry.  I not only separate whites from colors, but light colors from dark colors (if I only have a few whites, I'll throw them in with my light colors.)  Anyway, when my husband and I moved in together, I showed him how I separated and he said, "This is too complicated, let's just do our own laundry." 

This is how I separate mine, too. It's not complicated at all... lights, darks, whites, towels. And I'll toss my whites in with the lights, too, if there's only a few and they aren't crying out for bleach.  Towels either constitute their own load or get tossed into the appropriate dark/light pile if there aren't a lot of them.

This is not a difficult system.  Do men not understand the concept of hot/warm/cold water cycles and the necessity to separate the clothes accordingly? (Nah, they just don't care.)  My roommate is constantly washing one or two work shirts and it drives me insane because it's such a waste of water.  He also uses wayyyyyy too much bleach. I do about three bleach loads a month and it seems like every time I need it the bottle is nearly empty. 

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #702 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
Put me in the camp that would say "that's too complicated."  We also each do our own laundry in the RAH house.  But there are no kids here.  I pretty much only wear dress clothes so I wash them all together (shirts and pants) along with undergarments and socks.  A week's worth is a load.  On the rare occasion I wear shorts or blue jeans I save those up to make a load and wash them with any stray towels or t-shirts I've dirtied.  Mrs RAH occasionally forgets to move the clothes to the dryer too.  I may forget for an hour or two, but almost never have it totally slip my mind.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

lisahoo

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3270
  • such a dork (I <3 you)
    • lisahoo.livejournal.com
« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
I have the added complication of two girls who are 2 years but only 6 pounds apart -- sometimes even I can't tell whose is whose, so now I just was all of Thing 1's as a load, then all of Thing 2's as a separate load.  I pull out the whites because they ALWAYS need a dose of bleach.  Yech.  Kids are dirty.

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #704 on: July 16, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Whenever I do my laundry, I always hang my stuff up to dry (b/c I'm a fatty and don't want them to shrink in the dryer ;) ) - so I usually grab his underwear, socks and tshirts to make it worth my while to run the dryer with my undies and socks.

I decided this morning that I'm not going to do a single piece of his laundry and he can see how fast that stuff accumulates. The hamper is already full of his clothes b/c he only washes the work clothes he wore that week. Additionally, instead of picking up his dirty socks from the living room (not sure why he thinks it's ok to leave socks around!  ::) ), I'm going to put them in his hamper so it'll get extra full. If he just wants to wash his own clothes, then fine - wash them, but I'm guessing he'll have to do more than 1 load a week. ;)
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"