•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
If I knew I had a week to live, I'd probably go to Europe. And South America. And the Grand Canyon. And I would want to see the Pacific Ocean. It'd be a pretty busy week.

Author Topic: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6  (Read 17034 times)

Callisto

• Human Resources
  • Schrute Bucks: 1214
Re: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6
« Reply #765 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »
Heat. It's already been in the upper 80s and 90s the last couple weeks and it's not even officially summer yet. Blech. And it doesn't help that the heat and the lack of moisture make for yet another disastrous fire season - it would be lovely to have one summer go by where Colorado isn't burning to the ground in five different places.   :(
Love is a cunning weaver of fables and fantasies. - Sappho

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #766 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
Yeah, you are definitely are going through a rough one. That fire is heartbreaking.

We are going through our normal June gloom. We haven't hit our horrible heat yet so I'm going to enjoy it.

We are going out of town where it's expected to be 108 all three days. :-\

rahenson1

• Sales Associate
  • Schrute Bucks: 69
« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
I can offer you 95+ and 50+ percent humidity if you get tired of dry heat Callisto.  We had a week or two where there were storms off and on.  Seems like summer has settled in early here.
The boat was actually Plan C.  The church was Plan B.  And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago.  Pretty much the day I met her.

Jamnicity

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #768 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »
I hate rude phone solicitors. Last week I got a call from some guy saying that he was calling me because I had filled out some online survey. Knowing that I definitely had not done that, and that I was going to have furniture delivery people at my door at any minute, I tried to say that "no, I hadn't filled anything out and I need to get off the phone" As I started to speak, though, he just plowed right over me, continuing on with his spiel. So, I hung up. Well, this morning, I get the exact same call. Again, I tried to explain that I hadn't filled anything out, and again he just talked right over me. Normally, I don't let solicitors get to me (I just hang up), but my blood was just boiling. So, I yelled "HEY! This is the second time you've called me, I've never filled out any survey. DON'T CALL ME AGAIN!" and I hung up. I am just never that bitchy with anyone, so my heart was pounding. Then, almost right away the very same number called me again! I didn't answer it that time, and I certainly hope it's the last I ever hear from whoever this is. >:(
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #769 on: July 16, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
I know what you mean. I must be on every list for solar energy in all of California. I just continue to tell them immediately I am not interested and then hang up without letting them say another word. Still it's very frustrating to deal with this 3/4 times a week. >:(

Jamnicity

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #770 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »
Fleas. I hate fleas. Took my dog to the vet yesterday for her check-up, and found out she's got some major fleas, which the vet informed me means our house has fleas, too. I hadn't noticed the dog scratching or seeming irritated, so I was really surprised about the fleas, but now I'm so grossed out and itchy feeling. I keep imagining little flea eggs everywhere in the house, just waiting to hatch.  :P Got her started on flea meds right away, and I can't wait to give her a bath and get some of the dirt off of her. Ick!
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #771 on: November 27, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
Yuck - sorry about the fleas! Hopefully you're able to get rid of everything quickly!

Something irksome happened today and DH doesn't see the big deal. How do you feel about re-gifts (that were previously used)? Someone I've known for 4 years - since our sons were born 2 days apart - has been drifting away (or she doesn't like me, etc). I've asked many times to hang out or have a play date this year and she always has an excuse why not. I invited her son to Funkytot's bday in October but she texted an hour before the party to say her son is sick. A month later we went to her son's party, and talked to me briefly.

A week ago she said she still had FT's present. I offered to come by when I returned something of hers but she was busy (just told me to put the item I returned next to the house). Today she swung by while we weren't home and left FT's present - although at this point I would have been fine if she just kept it.  ::) after work we open the present and it's a floor puzzle - that has obviously been opened. It had ripped cardboard on the bottom of the box (where it was previously wrapped) and all 4 sides were closed with scotch tape. I certainly don't know if it was just something around the house they wanted to get rid of, but I'm guessing it's used.

Hrumph - I already felt like I was needling her to hang out with me like some lonely person, but this just feels lame to me.  :-\
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"