•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
Jan is about to have a baby with a sperm donor. And Michael is preparing for the birth of a watermelon with Dwight.  Now, this baby will be related to Michael through delusion.

Author Topic: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6  (Read 19018 times)

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 436
Re: Things We Hate: The Gripe Thread #6
« Reply #720 on: November 02, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »
I'm still without power.  Day number 5.  It's an inconvenience to say the least but nothing compared to the horrors nearby.

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #721 on: November 02, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
I'm still without power.  Day number 5.  It's an inconvenience to say the least but nothing compared to the horrors nearby.

So sorry to hear that, Hamlet.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #722 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

So sorry to hear that, Hamlet.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

Mid-Nassau County on Long Island.  We have a lot of trees down.  My neighbors tree fell in my backyard and crushed another neighbors garage and my bedroom was saved b/c my tree is now holding it up.  It took down the power lines, etc and we have yet to see a LIPA truck.  Another pole a block away was taken down, too.  My job re-opened on Wednesday and it's been a refugee for about 3 towns - thousands of people each day.  People are all over the place plugging in devices and setting up shop so to speak.  I spend my days there amidst the chaos and then head to my aunts house to shower and eat and then I head home to my very cold house to sleep.  My mom waited on line from 6 AM until 10:30 AM to buy gas and it's getting ugly out there since most stations either don't have power or have run out of gas.  I filled up on Saturday, so I'm good but it's just craziness everywhere I turn.  It's been challenging, but again just an inconvenience compared to many others.

I've been so out of touch with TV and Internet that I'm only just beginning to see the horrors. 

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #723 on: November 02, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »
If only I was a little closer, I'd offer you some help.  Is there anything non-perishble you need that I can ship to you?  Shampoo?  Canned goods?  Flashlights?  I'm in Ocean County, NJ, more inland though, about 2 miles from the bay.  However, I grew up in Toms River and spent my summers in Seaside and Point Pleasant and Island Beach State Park is "my beach."  It's been crazy to see the pictures of all the damage.  The other day, my neighbor and I went to Walmart to stock up items shelters around here need and as we were driving, we could not believe all the downed trees and damage to home and we weren't even driving through areas that were considered bad.
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #724 on: November 03, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Aww. That's so sweet of you. I'm doing ok though. The tree crew finally arrived his morning so I'm hoping to have power by tomorrow. We'll see how long it takes LIPA to get here now. like I said, I'm just inconvenienced. There is real suffering out there. Thank you again!

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #725 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »
I hate that I'm about to enter day 11 without power. 

Looks like no Office for me tomorrow night.  First episode I'll miss in years.  I'd take missing an episode if it meant I could have my power back. 

And if having no heat, hot water, lights, etc. wasn't bad enough today we had a horrible mini-blizzard.

I surrender to Mother Nature.

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #726 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »

Looks like no Office for me tomorrow night.  First episode I'll miss in years.  I'd take missing an episode if it meant I could have my power back. 

And if having no heat, hot water, lights, etc. wasn't bad enough today we had a horrible mini-blizzard.

Ugh, I was thinking of you today, Hamlet.  Stay warm!  This weather is insane.

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »

Ugh, I was thinking of you today, Hamlet.  Stay warm!  This weather is insane.

Thanks. 

Still no power today.  I'm staying at a friends tonight in large part b/c I'm desperate for some television. 

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #728 on: November 12, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »
Finally got our power restored yesterday after 14 very long days.

However, I still don't have tv, Internet or phone.  Verizon is telling me by next Tuesday at the latest.   ::) >:( ~0

So at least I have a house with warmth and lights to be bored in!

OfficeLady

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 389
« Reply #729 on: November 12, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
I'm so glad things are looking better for you. It's about time!  bighugsicon

Spencer

« Reply #730 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
So happy to hear that you finally have power back on, Hamlet! I can't even imagine how stressful those 2 weeks must have been. Now, let's hope "at the latest" means just that, and you have everything up and working in the next 24 hours!

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #731 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Yeah for the power being back. Here's hoping Verizon is ahead of schedule for everything else. :)

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #732 on: November 12, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
I swear everytime I'm thinking about you, Hamlet, you post an update!  So glad to hear your power is one and that you're warm!    Better tell Verizon you need TV and internet ASAP or you will burn them to the ground.

Hamlet

• Regional Manager
« Reply #733 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
Thanks you guys!!  :D

Hopefully I have tv back for this Thursday's Office.

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #734 on: January 19, 2013, 12:39:37 AM »
I hate late RSVP'ers.  My son's birthday party is Sunday and the RSVP date was this past Monday.  We've gotten six more responses since Monday, all yes!  On Wednesday I went to get all the party supplies including goodie bags and thank goodness I got extra or I'd be scrambling!