•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
"What's the group that was from Scranton and made it big?  Is that U2?" "Yes."

Author Topic: Random Anything Else: Have you ever tasted a rainbow?  (Read 5624 times)

sharky

• Business Park Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 418
Re: Random Anything Else: Have you ever tasted a rainbow?
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
Awesome! I really do love NYC and always have a little place in my heart for it.

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
We've been here since Saturday and already had a crazy time! Mostly b/c there are squirrels in the attic. The maintenance guy would trap one, then have to come back an hour later b/c another squirrel got in. They finally caught on and actually plugged the hole.... after pulling 3 out (and there's another trapped in there right now).

Then my husband had to go to a work meeting this afternoon.... and realized that he had only packed 2 right shoes. We ran to the mall to get him shoes so he wouldn't have to show up with sneakers and a suit.

On the plus side, Funkytot was going to be slowly transitioned into his new school - 2 hours on Monday, half day Tues & Wed, and full days Thurs & Fri. We went to pick him up today and he wouldn't leave b/c he was having so much fun.  ;D So yeah - that worked out well and it's one last thing to worry about!

I think it'll be a while until we go into the city - probably after it warms up a bit. Sheesh - this polar vortex is crazy! Although, our previous city got snow dumped on it the other day and we only got a dusting.  ;D
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

Jamnicity

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2014, 10:36:57 AM »
Sounds like the typical moving crazyiness, Funky:) Hopefully, things will settle down for you all soon. Glad Funkytot likes his new school, though! That's always a relief when you can drop them off at school and not worry about them being upset or nervous. Heck, mine has been going to the same preschool all year and I still have to wipe some tears and pry him off of me some mornings. ::)
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »
In th previous city, I had to pry Funkytot off me, too. I assume he's just excited about all the new toys and he's been bored at the rental house because we don't have any of his toys unpacked. I'm guessing he'll go back to having difficult drop offs in a month. One thing I think is awesome about the school is that it's part of the university and they take walks around campus when it's warm. They go to the museum, visit parents at work, go to the library, etc.

The squirrel count is at 5 and there are 2 still in the attic. I'm afraid that a hole was plugged, but they're getting in through another one.
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »
Has anyone seen this website - http://www.markedout.com/ ? It was linked from On Location Vacations, and it was listed as a place where people post their encounters with celebs. I couldn't find a way to search for old encounters (which is frustrating), but then I went into the forum. It really just seems like a place for autograph hounds to hang out. I did a search on Krasinski, but nothing came up. There were, however, a bunch of threads referencing Steve.