•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Please check out our new streamlined message boards
I WISH I COULD HAVE GONE WITH RYAN ON THAT COOL RETREAT!  JAN HAS PLASTIC BOOBS!  I HAVE HEMORRHOIDS!

Author Topic: Random Anything Else: Have you ever tasted a rainbow?  (Read 5205 times)

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
Re: Random Anything Else: Have you ever tasted a rainbow?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 07:05:01 AM »
Can someone explain the obsession with Pippa Middleton?  The girl is on every gossip and entertainment page!  Sure, she's very pretty and all, but why so much attention to Prince William's sister-in-law?  And the stories aren't even that interesting, she was seen shopping or clubbing?  So.....
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

Swedge

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 2402
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
Because she's more attractive than her sister and it's something to talk about while the royal couple were off creating the next heir. And she's got what John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman call England's A-Bomb. ;) Is it overdone? Sure but as long as the media are giving attention to so many trivial things, like Beatrice's hat, I get adding this too.

We do something similar. When new president's are elected, suddenly their family members are temporary celebrities. I knew more about Patti Davis than I ever wanted to thanks to that media mentality.

dinknflicker

• Assistant (to the) Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 227
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
Does anyone here live in an area or have a commute where you don't encounter traffic? I'd like to hear if such a place exists so that I can be jealous. Maybe it's because of the excessive heat or my impatience, but it seems like traffic, at least in the greater Philadelphia area, is getting worse and worse.
I never know.  I just say it. I say stuff like that, you know, to lighten the tension when things sorta get hard." "That's what she said."

funkybutt

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 390
    • Martin Donovan site
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
Does anyone here live in an area or have a commute where you don't encounter traffic? I'd like to hear if such a place exists so that I can be jealous. Maybe it's because of the excessive heat or my impatience, but it seems like traffic, at least in the greater Philadelphia area, is getting worse and worse.

wavingicon

I lived in Atlanta and Seattle before moving to Durham and the lack of traffic is one of the best things about where I live. Additionally, I *rarely* have to get on the interstate so most of my days are on secondary streets and it never takes me longer than 30 minutes to get somewhere.

Sorry traffic is so bad for you. :( You & the fam can come down and visit any time.  ;D
Damon Lindelof says there's no need for an island in a Lost-themed ride at Disney World: "Just put people in a black room, spin them around and punch them in the face and tell them 'You just had the Lost experience.'"

Italian_Food

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 235
  • Oh, Good Lord...
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
I live in South Jersey, near the beach but not at the beach, so in the winter I rarely hit traffic going to and from work.  Now in the summer, it's only a problem in Fridays but I plan my work schedule to avoid it if possible.
-"Beesley, are you threatening me?"
-"Jim! Jim, Jim, Jim. I'm not threatening you. I love you. But you should know, you're on very dangerous ground."

dinknflicker

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »
Can someone explain the obsession with Pippa Middleton? 

IF my guess is that it is fun to say "Pippa".
 0)
I never know.  I just say it. I say stuff like that, you know, to lighten the tension when things sorta get hard." "That's what she said."

Too Late Kev

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 1414
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
Just one more thing... (RIP Peter Falk)

Callisto

• Human Resources
  • Schrute Bucks: 1214
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
   :(   Loved Peter Falk.  RIP.

"She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time."

Love is a cunning weaver of fables and fantasies. - Sappho

colette

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3385
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »

This makes me sad. Even more than Columbo, I think of him in John Cassavetes' films - these guys invented 'indie'. My mom had a crush on Peter Falk back in the day - quirky, smart, gritty, no bs pretty boy crap...she had good taste.

RIP.  :)

halfbaked

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 3838
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
This makes me sad. Even more than Columbo, I think of him in John Cassavetes' films - these guys invented 'indie'.

Peter Falk - John Cassavetes - Ben Gazzara   When I think of one of them, I think of all three. Toss in Gena Rowlands, too.

:'(

dinknflicker

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »

wavingicon

I lived in Atlanta and Seattle before moving to Durham and the lack of traffic is one of the best things about where I live. Additionally, I *rarely* have to get on the interstate so most of my days are on secondary streets and it never takes me longer than 30 minutes to get somewhere.

Sorry traffic is so bad for you. :( You & the fam can come down and visit any time.  ;D

Dang wish I knew last year when I was there; would have stopped by for some sweet tea ;). What you have in Atlanta that blew my mind was the 12 lane major highway that went North/South through the city. This is something we desperately need, but never will get, here in Philadelphia: the river is on one side and sheer rock cliffs and houses on the other.

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
Happy Canada Day! 

Callisto

• Human Resources
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
Happy birthday, USA!   :)

How thoughtful of the founding fathers to declare our independence on a day that's so fine for a cookout.

khand3stooges

• Regional Manager
  • Schrute Bucks: 587
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »
Happy 4th fellow Americans. Hope everyone is enjoying their day. :)

Jamnicity

• Schrute Bucks: 259
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
How thoughtful of the founding fathers to declare our independence on a day that's so fine for a cookout.
Haha! Imagine how different our celebration would be if they'd declared it on February 4 instead. :)

Happy Independence Day!!
Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.