Welcome Aboard the USS Dunder Mifflin by flonkertonxx
Summary:

The Dunder Mifflin Company is vacationing on a Caribbean cruise. Jim and Pam are hoping for a romantic vacation but will Michael's outrageousness and some jealousy get in their way?

Takes place in Season 4 and is mostly focused on Jim/Pam.


Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Andy, Angela, Creed, David Wallace, Dwight, Jan, Jim/Pam, Karen, Kelly, Kevin, Meredith, Michael, Michael/Jan, Oscar, Pam, Phyllis/Bob Vance, Ryan, Stanley, Toby
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Hurt/Comfort, Travel, Workdays
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 25496 Read: 34481 Published: April 02, 2008 Updated: September 20, 2008
Story Notes:

Disclaimer - I don't own anything but each season of The Office and a TV screen that I watch it on. So don't sue, I beg of you! (Oo. That rhymed.)

1. One by flonkertonxx

2. Two by flonkertonxx

3. Three by flonkertonxx

4. Four by flonkertonxx

5. Five by flonkertonxx

6. Six by flonkertonxx

7. Seven by flonkertonxx

8. Eight by flonkertonxx

9. Nine by flonkertonxx

10. Ten by flonkertonxx

11. Eleven by flonkertonxx

One by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

I'm writing this story in an attempt to banish my writer's block. I have been having a lot of problems continuing each of my unfinished stories and trust me: I feel HORRIBLE leaving them out there on such cliffhangers. Please forgive me!

In the meantime, here's the first chapter. I enjoyed writing this so hopefully you will enjoy reading it as well! 

 Thanks to my beta Malcom Lake because he is phenomenal! 

Pam Beesly walked into the office with a little jump in her step that morning. This was because it was the last day of work before she left on a cruise with Jim. Well, maybe it wouldn’t only be her and Jim. The whole office was vacationing as well. Somehow, Michael convinced corporate to allow a cruise for the Dunder Mifflin Company. But to her, it didn’t matter who was going. It was going to be a romantic getaway for her and her boyfriend and she wouldn’t let Michael or Dwight (who were both going) ruin their trip. The day before, she went out shopping and bought some last minute items, which included a bathing suit that she was surprisingly looking forward to show off. The cruise was going to last eight days. The cruise ended in Miami on the eighth day, but Jim planned an extra four days for them to have to themselves in South Florida. That means twelve whole days away from Scranton; the uneventful city covered in snow and ice.

 

As soon as she sat down at her desk, Jim walked up to her desk and leaned over. His scent automatically overwhelmed her and all she wanted to do was pull him into an embrace.

 

“Tonight we will be boarding a plane that will send us to the tropical and romantic Caribbean,” he said in that low voice he used when he spoke to her at her desk.

 

“I’m ecstatic.”

 

“I’m betting 20 bucks right now with Kevin that Michael will push somebody off board in an attempt to land a good joke.”

 

“And Kevin thinks he’ll win? I’m on your side of that bet. I think he’s going to try and be the captain like he did on the Booze Cruise.”

 

“Oh, that’s a given fact, Pam. Hopefully he won’t start dancing like he did then.”

 

“And the sad thing is that this cruise has a stage.”

 

“Oh, no. Who knows what he’s going to do up there?” She shuddered at Jim’s thought and as if on cue, Michael opened the door to his office.

 

“Gooooooood Morning , Vietnam!”

 

The office stayed silent and continued to do their work. Jim grabbed one last jellybean and headed back to his desk. Pam tried to concentrate on what Michael was saying; it had something to do with how this trip will help make their “family” stronger, but her mind kept drifting to the thought of her and Jim lying beside the pool or on the beach under the warm sun. Michael finally went back into his office and she turned to the screen on her computer. She really didn’t feel like paying attention to work today, so she pulled up a game of online Sudoku.

 

 *****

 

The minutes passed by like hours, the hours like days, but finally, at 3:00, Michael let them leave so they could have time to go home and get their stuff before they had to be at the airport for their 6:00 flight. She put on her pink coat and waited for Jim to walk out with her. They finally began to make their way out and they made plans for him to pick her up at her apartment at 4:00.

 

When she got in her car and arrived at her apartment, she hurried inside so she could get her bags and pack her purse with things to do in the plane. She threw in her ipod, Mad Libs, Sudoku and crossword puzzles, a small sketch book plus graphite pencils (the rest of her art supplies were tucked away safely in her suitcase), and the book she was currently reading: The Other Boleyn Girl. By the time she was done it was 3:42 and she knew that the remaining 18 minutes would seem like an eternity. Her stomach felt like it would explode with her contained excitement. She felt a little funny knowing that she was so thrilled for a trip in which the whole office, actually the whole company of Dunder Mifflin, was going. She also had to admit that there were a few butterflies in her stomach at the fact that Karen and Ryan were going. She was worried that Karen still had feelings for Jim. Also, Ryan asked Pam on a date once before and she hoped things wouldn’t be awkward. She made constant glances at the clock until finally she heard a knock on her door. Practically running, she made her way to open it and let Jim inside.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I think I’m at the wrong apartment,” he said.

 

“Shut-up,” she replied.

 

“Here, let me help you with your bags.” He reached down and picked up her suitcase and made a face. “What in the world do you have packed in here?”

 

“Hey, I’m not a light packer! And it’s not that heavy. You’re overreacting.”

 

“Please, it’s like, 100 pounds.”

 

“Excuse me, but you’re not even close. I weighed it and it was only 48 pounds. I made sure I wouldn’t have to pay the fee for it being over 50.”

 

“I think your scale is off a bit.”

 

“Well, stop complaining because this is a good time for you to use those muscles of yours.”

 

“You’re lucky to have me as a boyfriend. I doubt you see Tom Cruise carrying around Katie Holmes’ bags.”

 

“Tom Cruise has the strength of a four year-old.”

 

“Good point.” They let out a laugh, made their way to Jim’s car, and put her suitcase in the back. She got in the front seat and soon they were driving out of the parking lot and onto the road. She always loved how their continuous banter would never get old.

 

“Can I turn on the radio?”

 

“No, Pam. You know how much that noise people call music bugs me,” he said in a mock-serious tone. She smiled and flipped through the stations bug couldn’t find anything that satisfied her taste in music. She settled on Rhianna’s song, Umbrella. She didn’t hate the song, but it didn’t suit her likings. 

 

“You can stand under my Um-ber-ella, ella, ella,” Jim sang in a very off-key, but adorable voice which caused Pam to erupt in giggles.

 

“Have you ever considered trying out for American Idol? I think you could be the next Sanjaya Malakar.”

 

“I think you are insulting me.”

“Oh, of course not! Why would I do that?” He rolled his eyes at her sarcasm and he continued to sing along as she joined in.

 

“Just to let you know, I think you’re discordant singing is endearing,” she said.

 

“So you admit; I’m really off pitch.”

 

“Yes, but I also said it was cute.”

 

“You’re being bittersweet.” He looked at her and smirked. She reached over and took his hand is hers. They remained like that for the remainder of the car ride.

 

*****

 

“If you set off the security alarm, I swear, I will hurt you,” she said.

 

“How threatening, Beesly.”

 

“I want to get on that plane as soon as we can!”’

 

“The plane doesn’t take off for another hour and we can’t board for another thirty minutes. We have plenty of time and we will make it, don’t worry!”

 

“I know, I know, but I just can’t wait to get there!” Her anxiety caused him to chuckle. It was at last their turn and so they took off their shoes, emptied their pockets, and put their carry-ons in the plastic tubs. Ironically, Pam’s bag ended up having to be checked. “I’m sorry ma’am, but you may not bring lotion onto the plane.” When she got her bag back, she gave Jim a glare and a playful smack in the arm because he was laughing at her. “You better not set off the security alarm,” he mocked. “I hate you,” she replied with a small smile forming at her lips. As they started walking to Gate 31 they laced their fingers together.

 

“Oo! Let’s stop by Starbucks!” she exclaimed.

 

“I thought you hated that place because you said anybody could easily make coffee at their home!”

 

“Yeah, but the other day I tried an Iced Carmel Macchiato and I’m already addicted. I’m starting to understand the craze over this place.”

 

“An Iced what?”

 

She giggled at his facial expression.

 

“ Carmel Macchiato!”

 

“Well then if it’s so good then I’ll have to try it myself.” They walked up to the counter and Jim said to the cashier, “We’ll have two Iced—What are the again?”

 

“Iced Carmel Macchiatos.”

 

“What she said.”

 

“What size?” the cashier asked.


”What are the choices?”

 

“Tall, Grande, and Venti.”

 

“What about normal old small, medium, and large?”

 

“We have to use the fancy names around here.”

 

“Uh, then the smallest one.”

 

“That’ll be $5.60”

 

He handed her a five and a one. “Keep the change.”

 

They retrieved their drinks and walked until they saw a Hudson’s News. “What do you say we buy one of those tacky tabloid magazines and have contests?” he asked.

 

“What do you mean?”

“Like, who can find a picture of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt with their kids first gets a Mento.”

 

“You’re so on.”

 

They walked in and purchased 3 packs of Mentos and two tabloids. Pam chose Star and Jim chose Life&Style. They finally made it to the terminal and found a seat on the floor because it was so crowded.

 

“If you peek in your magazine before the plane takes off, you are disqualified for a round and the other person gets an automatic win.”

 

“Deal.”

 

As they sat on the cheap airline carpet drinking their Starbucks drinks, Pam noticed something that caused her nerves to start moving. She saw Karen sitting in a chair but she wasn’t like the Karen that she used to work with. She was wearing short jean shorts and a tank top that was obviously low. She tried to shake her mind off of the thought that Jim would think she was hot. What was Karen doing in the Scranton airport anyway? She suddenly found her thumbnail very interesting. Of course, Jim noticed the change in her emotions right away.

 

“Pam? Is something wrong?”

 

“Hmm?”

“Just a minute ago you were practically skipping with excitement over the trip and now you are staring at your thumb and frowning.”

 

“Oh, no, everything’s okay! I just got tired for a second.”

 

“Then you should drink more of the coffee because if you fall asleep on the plane then I’ll have no fun for the flight.”

 

Although she smiled at his comment, she still felt her stomach feel queasy. She didn’t know what she was fretting over; it was just Karen. After all, he broke up with her. She took another sip of her drink and then the loudspeaker came on and a robotic voice informed them that it was time to start boarding the plane. This was defiantly going to be a trip that they would never forget.

 

End Notes:
Reviews help me overcome writers block so if you want to see a new chapter in my other stories soon (or just to be a nice person)..... REVIEW! Seriously guys: typing a few sentences won't kill you.
Two by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
I really like the way this chapter turned out and hopefully you all will too! It was really fun to write and I got it done quicker than I thought I would. Thank you all for your reviews! They were all so wonderful! Also, special thanks to Malcom Lake who is just wonderful as my beta.

As Jim and Pam gathered their carry-ons and got in line to get on the airplane, she panicked a little. Karen was two people in front of them in line. Yes, it did seem absurd that she was being so unnerved by her boyfriend’s ex, but she couldn’t help herself.

 

They finally boarded the plane and waited as people put their bags into the storage compartments so they could board their seat. They saw Dwight sitting next to Michael (of course), Kelly blabbing away about Brangelina, and many more of their co-workers. She hardly noticed them for her mind was focused on Karen who was standing only a mere foot and a half ahead of theme. So far, Jim luckily hadn’t noticed her presence. It was probably because the person standing in between them was rather large and probably ate too many Big Macs. Pam’s hopes of him not noticing her plummeted as the man in front of her sat down. Karen was now exposed to them. Crossing her fingers, she hoped that maybe, just maybe, he wouldn’t see her. But she sat down and was now facing the two of them.

 

As Jim said: “Karen?” Pam felt sick to her stomach. “Why am I making such a big deal out of this?” she thought. She’s probably going on the cruise anyway. It’s not like they would never see each other again. They work within the same company.

 

Karen looked up and a small smile pulled on her lips.

 

“Long time no see!”

 

“Yeah,” he replied.

 

Pam was actually a little shocked. They broke up unexpectedly at a fountain in New York then they reunited when Jim went to her branch dressed up as a warehouse worker and both of them were acting like nothing big happened. She then tightened her grip on Jim’s hand as if it could somehow signal Karen that he didn’t belong to her anymore and that she should stop talking to him.

 

“So, are you going on this Dunder Mifflin cruise extravaganza?” Karen asked. He nodded his head in reply and said, “Hopefully Michael won’t be…Michael.” Karen laughed at his response which caused Pam to grit her teeth. She was so close to calling her a whore and to back off of her man.

 

“What are you doing in Scranton?” he asked.

 

“My cousin actually got a job here and I was helping her move in.”

 

“She’ll be lucky if she gets promoted to another city soon. Otherwise, I think she’ll consider killing herself.”

 

Karen laughed again and Pam gritted her teeth so hard that it felt as if she would push her teeth all the way up into her gums.

 

“Well, I’ll let you get your seat. The people behind you look impatient.”

 

As soon as they took their first few steps away from Karen’s seat, Pam felt better. She still wanted to scream and slap her, but at least she didn’t feel as queasy. She kept telling herself that it was no big deal and that Jim was just a nice guy. It wasn’t really improving anything. Once she thought about it, she noticed that he never really brought her up. Finally, they sat down and he said:

 

“I call aisle seat.”

 

“What? Why the aisle? Most people fight to get away from the aisle.”

 

“Because then I can get to the snacks and drinks first and I have an easier escape to the bathroom.”

 

“Oh, now I’m dying to switch you seats.”

 

“You know it. American Airlines should now pay more for reserved aisle seats.”

 

She giggled and replied, “They’ll do anything for money.”

 

They sat down and their banter reassured her that Karen meant nothing to him.

 

“Well, that was awkward,” he said.

 

“What?”

 

“Running into Karen like that.”

 

She let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. Good, she thought, he thought it was awkward. I really need to stop worrying about this.

 

“You were really nice to her considering everything you guys went through.”

 

“I was surprised that she didn’t grab a club and knock me unconscious.”

 

Pam giggled again. She felt much more reassured that he was only talking to her because he was a genuinely compassionate person and he knew that being rude to her would only cause drama. But somewhere, deep in her gut, she felt a pang of jealousy.

 

“I was surprised she didn’t knock me unconscious,” she said and he laughed at her remark.

 

“So you were in charge of bringing all of the things to occupy us. What did you bring?”

 

Reaching for her bag, she started to list everything she packed. As the plane took off and they began their first crossword puzzle, their encounter with Karen started to fade from her mind.

 

*****

 

“Okay, next one. We need a 4-letter word for Winnie the blank,” Jim announced.

 

“Oh, that’s such an easy one. Pooh.” As soon as she told him the obvious answer he started to giggle like a little boy.

 

“Please tell me that’s not what you’re laughing at.” He nodded his head and couldn’t control his giggles. “How immature.”

 

It took him a moment to calm down but his laughter soon eased and his cheeks were flushed. “Moving on,” she continued. “I need a twelve-letter word for ‘a device that produces a visual trace of a voltage or current wave shape.”

 

“Wow.” He made a face that indicated he was obviously thought this question was a joke. “Where do the crossword creators come up with this stuff?”

 

Pam’s eyebrows were scrunched together like they always are when she’s thinking.

 

“Wait! I know this! It’s a really fun word to say—Oh, come on, it’s on the tip of my tongue—” She was snapping her fingers like the people on the game shows do when they are trying to answer a question.

 

“Hold on, you’ve heard of this before?”

 

“Oscilloscope!”

 

What?!

 

“That’s the answer!”

 

“Would you mind sharing how you know that?”

 

Dictionary.com’s word of the day.”

 

“You actually look at that? I don’t think I can be seen with you anymore.”

 

“I look at it every day, thank you. And please, you know you couldn’t live without me.” She smiled at him and he replied, “You are absolutely correct.” They both blushed and stared at each other as the conversation shifted from easygoing to tender until he spoke up.

“Now how do you spell that? Once we have this written in it will give us another letter to help us figure out what a 5-letter word for ‘gurus’ is.”

 

They continued on for another few minutes and were stumped on the last 3 blanks. The flight attendant came by and asked if they would like a refill but instead Jim asked,

 

“Excuse me, but do you know what a 5-letter word for gurus is? My partner here is absolutely no help whatsoever.” Pam elbowed him in the ribs. “Ow!”

 

The flight attendant stopped and thought for a moment until she replied, “Try ‘sages’.”

 

He wrote it in and exclaimed “It fits!” a little too loudly. When she elbowed him again he elbowed her back. “Ow!” she interjected. “Now you know what it feels like,” he said with a twinkle in his eye that let her know that he was only joking. They thanked the flight attendant as she moved on.

 

“Look! Now we know what 32 down is! It’s peon!” she said.

 

“And you were embarrassed when I asked the flight attendant.”

 

“Was not!”

 

“Then why did you turn the color of your shirt?” She rolled her eyes and replied, “It wasn’t my first instinct to ask the beverage lady for assistance.”

 

They continued on with their puzzle until it was finally complete and then they pulled out their tacky tabloid magazines. Pam found the first picture of Britney Spears exposing a thong but Jim tied them up when he beat her and found a picture of Matthew Mcconaughey without a shirt first. They kept playing and were tied up for quite some time until Pam ended up winning by spotting a picture of Suri Cruise in designer clothing first.

 

“That’s not fair!”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because I can’t even find a picture of Suri in this magazine!”

 

“You can’t be serious. Suri Cruise is everywhere! And it wasn’t a rule that each magazine had to have that picture. Therefore, I win fair and square. So suck it Halpert.”

 

They talked and laughed for the next few minutes until it was announced to put up their tray tables and place their seat in the upright position because they were about to land in Atlanta where they would catch their connecting flight to Miami. The plane landed on the runway and they were said that they could un-fasten their seatbelts and get off the plane. They walked into the building and found a quiet area amongst all the commotion.

 

“What gate do we need to go to?” she asked.

 

“73.”

 

“That’s good! We’re really close then!” First, they stopped by the bathroom. Both of them refused to use the one on the plane although he raved about how the aisle seat paved an easy route to it. Jim put his arm around her shoulders and she rested her head on his shoulder as they walked to the gate. Pam was beginning to feel a little weary as she always did when she got off of airplanes. They arrived and had about an hour to kill until they had to board. Then, her stomach rumbled.

 

“Are you hungry?” he asked. She forgot she didn’t eat dinner and didn’t realize how hungry she was until now. The Starbucks they had earlier wasn’t much help. “Actually, I’m starved.”

 

“There’s a Quizno’s around here somewhere.”

 

“That sounds delicious! I love their Honey Bacon Club.”

 

“Honey Bacon Club’s it is then.” He stood up, smiled, and kissed her forehead before heading down the terminal to the restaurant. She reached down into her bag and grabbed her icon when she saw a figure sit in the chair next to her.

 

“Hey, Pam.”

 

She knew that voice. She had heard it for many months and each time she heard it she cringed. Looking over, she saw Karen Fillipeli. She forgot about her until now and hated how she had to be reminded.

 

“Karen! Hey! How was your flight?”

 

“Horrible! I sat next to a guy in a turban that talked to me the whole time. I couldn’t understand a thing he said so I just nodded my head and hoped he went along.”

 

She smiled and forced a fake laugh until Karen’s smile faded.

 

“So—How’s everything going with Jim?”

Pam pulled her gaze away from her. She was not expecting this question.

 

“Things are going really well, thanks.”

 

“That’s—good to hear, I guess.”

 

“Yeah,” she replied with a far away tone. They remained silent and she stared at the floor for a few minutes until Karen spoke again. “I’m think I’m going to go get some food.” She walked away and Pam sunk down in her chair with relief that she didn’t see Jim. After a few more minutes of staring at the floor, a shadow cast over her. She looked up and saw Jim holding two Quiznos sacks.

 

“Thank God it’s here. I’m dying of starvation!”

 

“Really, Pam? Dying of starvation? A bit dramatic, are we now?”

 

“Just give me the sandwich.” She lunged for the bag but he pulled away. “Don’t taunt me! I’m grumpy when I’m hungry.” She stood up and reached for the bag again but he only raised his arm up higher. He was so tall that she couldn’t reach.

 

“I’m not giving you the bag until you say the magic words.”

 

“You’re acting like my mother.”

 

“Beesly. Use your manners.”

 

“Okay, fine. May I please have my sandwich?”

 

“Yes, you may.” They sat back down and she unwrapped her Honey Bacon Club and immediately took an enormous bite. In a matter of minutes she had devoured the whole sandwich.

 

“Jesus, Pam, you really were dying of starvation.”

 

“Told you so.”

 

*****

 

They were finally in the air again and nearing their Miami destination. Jim was once again sitting on the aisle seat. He offered it to Pam but she refused and said that he was only offering because he was getting annoyed with everybody walking down the aisle. He rejected her hypothesis but she could tell by his face that it was true. They were now listening to her I-Pod, each with an earbud in their ear, because neither of them wanted to struggle with another crossword puzzle. The music was causing her eyelids to droop and soon her head slowly dropped on his shoulder. He looked down at her and saw that her eyes were closed and her breathing was slow and steady. He wrapped his arm around her and turned off the light that was shining above them. She slept peacefully until the intercom came on and the mechanical voice informed them that they were now beginning their descend into Miami.

 

“Wake up, sleepy head. We’re here.”

End Notes:
Reviews are like Andy cutting off Phyllis' head with a chainsaw! Also, the more reviews i get, the quicker the next update. And the update won't just be on this story but possibly on my other unfinished ones (;
Three by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
Sorry that this chapter is so short! It's just the little bit in between that I need to have before they board the cruise. Enjoy!
At the baggage claim, Pam was so excited that she was practically bouncing on her toes just like she was earlier that day. As soon as she stepped of the plane, she wasn’t quite so tired anymore.

 

“God, how much longer?” she asked anxiously.

 

“Pam, calm yourself!” Jim replied letting out a small laugh. “We aren’t even boarding the cruise ship until tomorrow!”


”I know, but we are finally here! And—Oh, here they come!” she said taking a step closer to the baggage claim. She waited impatiently and when she saw her bag near them she nearly jumped to grab it. He reached over and helped her lift the heavy bag and she rewarded him with a kiss on the cheek. While they were waiting for his bag to come, something caught her eye. She nudged Jim and pointed ahead of them. He looked and immediately snickered. Dwight was in Hawaiian board shorts, a fishing hat, and a Lake Wallempaumpack short sleeved shirt. He was trying, with all of his might, to pick up a huge army bag. As they took a closer look, they noticed that it was a German Army suitcase.

 

A few minutes later, Jim’s bag came and they rolled the luggage outside and waited for the shuttle to their hotel. Stanley came out with his wife, Terri, and Meredith was right behind them with her son, Jake. The shuttle pulled up and they made their way on. She thought about all of the places they would be going. They would be stopping at Nassau in the Bahamas, Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas, and Phillipsburg in St. Maarten before returning to Miami. She was guilty for spending hours upon hours looking at pictures of their destinations on Google Images.

 

“We’re almost there!” she said, squeezing his hand.

 

“Okay, just a few minutes ago you were asleep on my shoulder. Now, you’re on an all-time high. What has gotten into you?”

 

“I’m just excited!”

 

“Oh, I couldn’t tell,” he replied sarcastically and chuckled.

 

“Shut-up,” she said and smiled up at him. After what seemed like an eternity to Pam, they pulled into the hotel parking lot. “Why are we rushing?” he asked.

 

“I want to check in first!”

 

“Spaz,” he replied and she pinched his arm. “Ouch!” he exclaimed. She pulled Jim off of the bus and into the hotel lobby. He walked up to the desk clerk to check in and she stood eagerly next to him. It wasn’t long until they were in their hotel room; lying next to each other in their pajamas and trying to ignore scratchy sheets of the bed. Pam was lying on his chest reading The Other Boleyn Girl while Jim’s arms were circled around her stomach as he watched her read. She soon let out a yawn.

 

“Did you just—”

 

“Don’t even.”

 

“Admit it, Beesly. You’re tired now.”

 

“It’s from traveling.”

 

“Then why were you so jumpy a few minutes ago?”

 

“I told you why. I was excited. Now be quiet, I’m trying to read.” He chuckled and kissed her head. They remained like that for a while until she slowly let go of the grip on her book. He looked down at her and saw that her eyes were closed and a peaceful look had drawn over her face. He reached over, turned off the lamp, and kissed her head one more time before closing his eyes as well.

End Notes:
Reviews are like Michael shouting, "I'm king of the world!" on a little ship. I didn't get many reviews last chapter, but I enjoyed them anyway! Please please please review, i beg of you! (wow, that rhymed!)
Four by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

Two reviews last chapter. Hmm... Hopefully this one will earn me more! Now the story is getting ready to take-off and get into the interesting stuff. Just hang with me, here!

Jim and Pam's bedroom - http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=12693&i=846801&vessel=436&lineid=1&d=&d2=&mpg=p&p=/images/cabin/carnival_1/1_436_cab_8a_8b_8c_8d_8e_bal_75_JAN08.jpg&pg=3&dsc=y

That website shows pictures of the lobby and everything else on the cruise. I'm basing the destinations and everything else about this cruise on the cruise mentioned on that site. So if you want to see what the lobby looks like or any of the other rooms, or if you need a refresher on their destinations, just go there! : )

 

Special thanks to malcom lake and Abs294 for helping me out with this chapter. They are the best and they deserve a dozen roses! Also, 1000 times thanks to ISayOye for her awesome support.

Pam awoke to the sound of the phone ringing.

 

“This is your wake-up call,” the robotic voice said. She hung up and turned over to Jim who was still snoozing serenely.

 

“Time to wake up,” she sweetly whispered to him. When he grunted and rolled over, she put her hands on his shoulder and shook him over and over. “Jim, I know you’re awake,” she said, a little louder this time. When he still didn’t open his eyes, she bent down and pressed her lips against his. She knew he was fully awake when he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. When they pulled away, they were radiantly smiling at each other.

 

“Good morning,” he said in his usual deep and throaty morning voice.

 

“Good morning,” she replied.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Seven. We are scheduled to check out at 8:15 so I thought this would give us enough time to get ready and eat breakfast.”

 

He sat up and stretched until he threw his legs over the edge.

 

“Okay. But I call first shower,” he said and dashed to the bathroom and closed the door before she could protest. She turned on the TV and watched Good Morning America until she heard the shower stop. He walked out a few minutes later in khaki shorts and a light blue polo shirt that had drips of water from his still wet hair. She smiled at him and went to take one herself. When she was finished, she put on some make-up and fixed her hair in the way that she had been wearing it for the past few months. She changed into jean shorts and a green tank top. She also made sure to rub lotion on her freshly shaven legs before walking back into the room. He looked back at her and smiled.

 

“Are you ready for breakfast?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m pretty hungry, actually.” They made their way downstairs hand in hand and got in line at the breakfast buffet.

 

“Okay, what the hell is this?” he asked, pointing to a food that couldn’t be described. It looked like chocolate pudding but with dark green chunks inside.

 

“I dare you to try it.”

 

“If I throw up, I blame you.”

 

Their conversation was interrupted when Kevin stood in line next to them and said:

 

“Hey you guys.”

 

“Hey!” they both replied in unison.

 

“Pam, those shorts look really hot on you. You should wear them to work.”

 

“Uh—thanks, Kev, but I wouldn’t count on that,” she replied, flustered.

 

“Jim, help me out, don’t you think she should wear them to work every day?”

 

“Absolutely,” he replied and winked at Pam. “So, Kevin,” he continued, “where’s Stacey?”

 

“She’s sitting down with Abby. We brought her along too. Abby will be happy you’re here. She thinks your cute.” he replied then let out his usual Kevin snicker. “Aw, Jim, you’re so popular with the 12 year olds!” Pam said. He nudged her and she giggled. They finished getting their food and then got a booth.

 

“Now, try that unidentified food. I have to see this,” she said.

 

“How come I have this feeling that if I have a bad reaction to this you’ll just laugh?”

 

“Stop being a baby and eat it.” He did as she commanded and slowly guided the food into his mouth. He chewed and forced a smile but his face turned red and he quickly grabbed his napkin and spit it into it.

 

“That tasted like anchovies and peanut butter mixed together in a fruit salad,” he choked. He gulped down half of the water before he could get the taste out of his mouth. Pam was sitting across from him with her hand over her mouth laughing so hard that tears were rolling down here eyes.

 

“I knew you were going to laugh.”

 

“I wish I had a camera! Your face was priceless!”

 

“You’re lucky you mean so much to me.”

 

When they finished breakfast, they grabbed their luggage and caught a cab. When they got inside, Pam turned to Jim with excitement in her eyes. It was as if it just hit her that they were so close to boarding the ship. He smiled back at her and the ride was silent but their anticipation was obviously present in the air. The ride went slowly, but they finally arrived. She opened the door and ran to the trunk to pull out her suitcase but struggled due to the heaviness. Jim helped her just like he did the night before and then he got his. He purposely walked slowly at the beginning and pretended to enjoy the architecture of the ships exterior, which caused Pam to practically scream out of anxiousness.

 

“You’re so slow!”

 

“Can I help it that the architecture of this ship is so exquisite?” he asked teasingly.

 

“Stop tormenting me.” She finally convinced him that the inside of the ship would be more interesting. They walked up the ramp and made their way into the lobby. She gasped at how nice it was. She felt like spinning in circles like people did in those old-fashioned movies. The room was modern and spacious with high ceilings. Jim walked up to check in while she took a look around. After a few minutes, he walked up behind her and put his hand on her back. “Are you ready to check out the room?” he asked. She nodded and they walked through the lobby and to the elevators. He put in the room key and leaned against the door as she stepped inside.

 

“Jim!” she exclaimed.

 

“What?” he asked, pretending he didn’t know what she was so excited over. He was actually highly content with how the room turned out to be. There was one neatly made bed and a window that looked out over the ocean.

 

“You never told me you were going to get an ocean view room. I told you it was too expensive!”

 

“And I knew you wanted it, so there.”

 

She dropped her suitcase and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him.

 

“If you’re going to have sex, you could at least close the door.” They pulled away when they heard that painfully familiar voice and giggle approaching down the hall.

 

“Hey, Michael,” Jim said.

 

“Ahoy, matey. Welcome aboard the USS Dunder Mifflin!” he replied. Jim raised his eyebrows in response and looked at Pam who rolled her eyes and shook her head.

 

“I never knew that was the ship’s name,” he replied.

 

“Its—not. Just—never mind. You ruined the joke.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t notice that was a joke. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Jim, I forgive you. So anywho, last night I had a dream about you and I in this Caribbean paradise.”

 

“You had a dream about me?” Pam looked up at Jim and tried not to burst out in giggles.

 

“Just—Listen. You and I were lying on the pool deck in our swim trunks. Girls in skimpy bikinis were checking us out, we were getting our tan on, and we were drinking Strawberry Daiquiris. So anyway—”

 

“Hey, Michael? I hate to interrupt but we’ve got to start unpacking.” Jim said.

 

Michael giggled again, “Unpacking. Yeah, sure. Well, I guess I’d better go ‘unpack’ too. You know, with Jan?”

 

Jim nodded his head and closed the door before Michael could say anything more. The couple immediately broke out in hysterics.

 

“Swim trunks? Was he serious?” Pam asked.

 

“I was actually surprised we weren’t in Speedos,” he replied.

 

“You were ‘getting your tan on,’” she mimicked. They finally calmed down and began to unpack. When they were finished with that, they took a look around the room.

 

“Jim, come over here!” she called from the balcony. He went out to where she was standing and wrapped his arms around her from behind. She leaned into him and took a long whiff of his pleasurable scent that was mixed with the unfamiliar smell of saltwater.

 

“It’s so beautiful,” she said. The ship hadn’t even departed yet and she was having the time of her life. They stayed like that for a long time, marveling at the sea, the intensity of the sun beating down on their faces, and the safety they felt in each others arms.

 

“Let’s take a look around before we have to get ready for the welcoming party tonight,” he suggested.

 

“Maybe we can sit on a pool chair in our swim trunks and get our tan on,” she replied.

 

“And then we can have a cannonball contest. Oh, and afterwards we’ll eat shrimp cocktails.”

 

“Let me just call Michael and let him in on the plan,” she said and reached for the phone.

 

“Don’t you dare!” he said and pulled her hand away before she could pick it up. She laughed and said, “Did you really think that I would let Michael Scott intrude on our vacation?”

 

He smiled and intertwined their fingers together. They headed out of their room and back to the main floor. And then she saw a person whose existence escaped her mind since the night before: Karen.

 

Karen was checking in and before Pam could pull Jim away from her sight, the Utica Branch manager noticed him and began to walk closer. Jim looked down at her and squeezed Pam’s hand for reassurance. It was as if he knew that she was uneasy around Karen. She still couldn’t help but worry. Her stomach sunk for the first time all day. It was as if they were a happy, white cloud floating around in the sky but the dark storm cloud was mingling around them. Whenever it came near, it would take them over and the darkness would prevail.

 

End Notes:

Reviews are like Creed eating a potato and not even noticing. So, PLEASE REVIEW. I BEG OF YOU!

(So sorry you guys - somehow, I added a chapter that i was unaware of. Luckily, i caught it quickly, but in case anybody was wondering, it was completely unintentional and i apologize!)

Five by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

Thank you so much, Malcom Lake, for being the most incredible beta ever! Also, ISayOye deserves a huge thank you for being so supportive of me and my writing. 

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter so I hope you all enjoy it! Also, thank you all for the reviews! They mean so much to me!

The dress Pam wears to the party is here - 

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2269950454913546799&id=833041&parentid=APP_DRESS_SHIFTS&pushId=APP_DRESS_SHIFTS&popId=APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=&navCount=3&navAction=poppush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=mrn

 

 

“Hey, Halpert!” Karen said when she was finally standing in front of them. Pam cringed; calling him Halpert was her thing and not Karen’s. She examined her wardrobe and was disgusted in her slutty attire. She was wearing extremely short shorts that hiked up her butt. Her butt was visibly hanging out from the back. She was wearing an awfully tight halter top, too. She could smell the perfume fumes and it was already giving her a headache.

 

“Hey!” he replied.

 

“I just got here,” Karen said. “It’s so nice!”

 

 “Oh, come on,” Pam thought.  Karen was obviously putting on an act. Pam knew that she was just trying to steal Jim back. And how come she never included her in the conversation?

 

Jim smiled back at his former girlfriend. “I know! Pam and I have been here for the last hour and we’re getting ready to take a look around.”

 

“I would ask to join, but I should probably unpack my bags. I’ll see you around though!”

 

“Yeah, definitely!”

 

Karen waved and began to head out of the lobby and Pam immediately relaxed and loosened the grip she didn’t realize she was holding on Jim’s hand. Sometimes, all she wanted to do was grab Karen and throw her overboard so she could be fed to the sharks.

 

“You okay, Beesly? You seemed a little tense when Karen was here.”

 

For a split second, Pam felt a little frustrated that he could somehow read her mind at times. “Oh, I’m fine. It’s just a little awkward being around her, you know?” She didn’t know how to tell him that she was afraid he’d fall for Karen and leave her all over again. She couldn’t bear that. They had spent so much time as just friends and it had taken them so long to finally get to where they were. She was happier then she had ever been. They both suffered so much loneliness, heartbreak, and tears when they were apart and now that they were together it was all healed. Her heart felt full for the first time and just the thought of losing him made her want to break down on her knees and cry. She wasn’t going to let his old girlfriend interfere with their strong connection and in order to do that she would probably have to tell Jim how she felt when Karen was around at one point in time. But for now she was just going to hold those feelings inside and stay strong. She would have to keep telling herself that Jim was hers and he would always be hers because she was sure she meant as much to him as he did to her.

 

“I understand. But you have nothing to worry about because I know she’s extremely jealous that I dumped her for such a beautiful and extraordinary woman.”

 

Pam blushed and her jealousy towards Karen melted away as she saw the sincerity in his eyes. He reached down and laced his fingers through hers and they started to walk out of the lobby as well.

 

“Where do you want to go first?”

 

“Let’s just walk around and see where we end up.” And so they ended up walking every inch of the boat, and visiting every lounge, pool, and restaurant. They had a few encounters with their co-workers and tried to have casual conversations, but in the end the subject inevitably changed to something outrageously odd.

 

Jim and Pam ducked away, returning back to their cabin at 3:25 to get ready for the party that was being held in the Glory Atrium for their company. It was starting at 3:50 so they could all celebrate the cruise’s departure.

 

Pam looked in the mirror as she finished getting ready for their departure. She wanted to look nice tonight; not because it was a party but because she loved to impress Jim. She spent extra time perfecting the curls in her hair and then put on a semi-casual navy blue dress that showed the right amount of skin. When she was satisfied with her appearance, she stepped out into the bedroom and saw Jim combing his hair in the mirror. He was still in his khaki shorts but wore a pale blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. She walked up behind him and ran her hands up his back and onto his shoulders.

 

“You look nice,” she said.

 

He turned around and took her hands in his and replied, “You look acceptable.” She playfully slapped his shoulder. “I’m just kidding!” he said.

 

“You better be.”

 

“You actually look stunning,” he said in a flattering tone. She gave his lips a quick peck and smiled. When they arrived in the Glory Atrium most people were already there and mingling with each other. Pam took a quick glimpse around for Karen and let out a sigh of relief when she didn’t notice her. They made their way to the bar and they both ordered a white wine.

 

“Everybody here looks so. . .” she began.

 

“Top-level Corporate?”

 

“That’s the word I’m searching for. Every conversation I’ve heard has been about paper—”

 

“Big Tuna!” a voice called. Jim and Pam both turned and saw Andy Bernard walking up to their location. He obviously wasn’t dressed for work; resplendent in neon green board shorts and a white t-shirt that had, “Dunder Mifflin Scranton,” written messily on it in glitter paint. There were smears and fingerprint scattered around the fabric. His face was already burnt and he had a bad pale spot left from where he wore his sunglasses. “Fancy meeting you here,” Andy said.

 

“Well, considering we are on a trip with the rest of the company that we were all invited to—” Jim said.

 

“Ring-a-dingy-dingy.”

 

“Come again?” Pam asked as Jim made one of his beloved faces.

 

“I just—um—you know what? Never mind. So I was on the pool deck this afternoon and blondie over there was totally giving me the look.”

 

“What’s ‘the look?’” Pam asked.

 

“Oh, come on, you know. The Look.” Andy said in clear disbelief.

 

“Um, no I don’t.” she replied.

 

“Help me out here, Tuna. Your girlfriend obviously doesn’t know what I mean by ‘The Look.’”

 

“You know, Andy, I’m a little dumbfounded myself,” Jim replied.

 

“Okay, you guys are just ruining my vibe, here. I’m going to get my charm on with that girl while you both stay over here and be boring.”

 

As Andy walked away, Jim and Pam looked at each other with amused grins on their faces and let out the laughter they were holding. They were interrupted when David Wallace got on the stage and announced that the ship was getting ready to set sail. Some people made their way onto the deck. Michael was in full sprint as he tried to get out onto the deck first so he could get the best view and start a countdown. He bumped down people and spilled their drinks in the process. Jim and Pam stayed away from the commotion and sat in one of the chairs, sipping their wine. They were deep in conversation about how someday soon, Michael would surely form a protest group that focused on the betrayal of Ryan and then storm up to Corporate and fight for his return as a Temp. But they were soon distracted by their branch manager storming the stage and saying into the microphone:

 

“Welcome to the USS Dunder Mifflin’s comedy hour! I am your host, Michael Scott!”

 

Jim and Pam looked at each other with horror strewn across their faces. “I thought we talked him out of calling this ship the USS Dunder Mifflin.” Jim said. Pam shrugged and they both turned their attention back to their boss.

 

“Before I begin, I would like to announce that this whole trip was my idea. Oh! And I’m dating Jan,” Michael continued. Jim and Pam looked at each other and shook their heads. When nobody applauded at Michael’s comment, he went on. “I am the manager of the Scranton branch and we are cooler than you. So suck on that!”

 

He waited for the audience to give some acknowledgment to his so-called joke. “Everybody in my branch let me hear you scream!”

 

Of course, Dwight was the only person to stand up and scream. Andy probably would have, but he was too busy talking to the blonde woman. Michael rolled his eyes and mumbled a: “God, Dwight,” before attempting his first real joke.

“Okay, so now let’s get this party started, a’ight? So there were two muffins in an oven. The first muffin said, ‘Jesus, it’s hot in here,’ and the other muffin said, ‘Oh my god, A talking muffin!” He laughed at his own joke and said, “O-kay, tough crowd. How about this one: So one day at Sunday school, Little Sally was starting to drift off to sleep as the teacher was preparing to ask them questions. She asked Sally, ‘Who is our Savior who is the reason we are all here?’ and Little Johnny, who was sitting behind Sally, poked her with his pencil to wake up. She exclaimed, ‘Jesus, Christ!’ and the teacher congratulated her on being so attentive. She fell back asleep. Later, the teacher asked her another question. ‘Who died for our sins?’ and Little Johnny poked Little Sally once again. She exclaimed, ‘Jesus Christ!’ and was congratulated once again so she went back to sleep. The third question asked to her was, ‘What did Eve say to Adam in the Garden of Eden?’ Little Johnny poked her a third time and she exclaimed, ‘If you stick that thing up me one more time, I swear, I’ll shove it down your throat!’” Michael erupted in laughter as the audience stared in disbelief. David Wallace walked over to where Jim and Pam were sitting and took a seat for his own.

 

“Michael sure knows how to make a fool of himself, doesn’t he?” David asked.

 

“You haven’t even seen him at his fullest,” Jim said.

 

“Yeah, this is nothing compared to some of the jokes we get at work,” Pam agreed

 

“Really? I thought he was drunk for a minute,” David replied.

 

“Oh, no,” Pam said.

 

Michael kept attempting laughs in the background as the three sane adults started having a casual conversation.

 

Finally, David said, “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I’ve go to get Michael off of that stage.” He stood up and made his way up to where Michael was standing. He took the microphone from the sweaty branch manager and told him that the audience has had their fair share of laughs. Michael fell for his cover-up and took the steps down the stage.

 

Dwight stood up and clapped for him. “Good job, Michael, your jokes killed. Come on, everyone, give it up for Michael!” No plaudits followed and so he said, “You all have no comical taste. I bet you all don’t even know who Will Carey is.”

 

“I think you mean Will Ferrell or Jim Carey,” Jim stated.

 

“Jim, don’t even start. How many times to I have to tell you? I am older; I am wiser; therefore, don’t talk back to me,” the beet farmer replied. Many people looked at each other in awe. It was as if they didn’t believe that Dwight was really there and he was just a weird figment of their imagination.

 

Trays started to come around with things such as shrimp, crab cakes, and Salmon puffs. After finishing one drink of white wine, Jim and Pam both got a cup of coke. She hardly ever drank more than one drink, except for at the Dundies, but that was a different story. For a while, they eavesdropped on Andy as he was trying to hit on the blonde woman who’s name turned out to be Sydney.

 

Jim whispered to Pam, "I bet he's playing his banjo for her before the night is out."

 

Pam declined the bet.

 

Everything was going great until Pam declared that she had to go to the bathroom. She walked to the Ladies’ Room and after using the bathroom, she fixed her hair and make-up, and then went back outside. She looked around for Jim and when she finally found him, she wanted to run back in the bathroom and vomit.

 

Jim and Karen were chatting and laughing with each other. She would put her hand on his arm as they talked and he would smile back at her. He seemed to be really enjoying himself. Then, she motioned him forward and she whispered in his ear. She swore she saw her purposely linger there longer than necessary. When she finally pulled back, she saw him smile and make her laugh. They were getting along way too well for two people who’d had a messy breakup. She then saw Jim reached over and wipe a strand of hair from Karen’s face. That gesture caused her to break into pieces because she’d never seen him do that to anybody else but herself.

 

Pam cleared her throat and Jim and Karen both turned to look at her. There was a certain look on Karen’s face as she looked at Pam. It was as if she was telling her, “You better watch out, because you’re boyfriend is close dumping you for me.” It was innocent yet malicious. Pam looked from Jim, to Karen, then back to Jim. That’s when the tears began to fall from her eyes. She couldn’t control them and she felt so humiliated for crying for such a selfish reason. She then turned away, rushed out of the lounge, and then up to her hotel room where she closed the bathroom door and started sobbing. She saw people stare at her as she left in such a rush but she just couldn’t control herself. Karen had officially crossed the line and Pam couldn’t take her anymore. She sank down to the ground in dismay and let the tears fall freely. The dark cloud had officially dominated the happiness of the white cloud. The thunderstorm had now fully settled in and the rain was pouring.

End Notes:
Reviews are like Andy singing his own interpretation of the Oompa Loompa song. If I get a lot of reviews, I will update quickly! If the reviews are few, then you just may have to wait a while to see what happens next. Heh Heh Heh >: )
Six by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

The reviews last chapter were all so great! Thank you all so much! You really deserved this quick update. Do it again and I'll reward you with another quick update. Thanks to malcom lake for being a phenomenal beta. He helps me out so much! Also, thanks to ISayOye and PokerChips for being my best supporters!

I'm so happy I got another update in before the premier. Yay! 

So I like this chapter a lot. It was really fun to write and I hope it shows! : ) Just a heads up - I used Don't Go Breakin' My Heart in one of my other fics, Kevin's Wedding, but I just love that song for Jim and Pam. So don't be angry that I didn't use something different! : )

Pam couldn’t control the tears that were falling. A bystander would think that her breakdown was immature and melodramatic but they hadn’t felt the emotions that she did. She had gone through so much pain to finally get where she was with Jim. Now that they had found each other, she felt completed. It was as if before, her heart was a puzzle and she couldn’t find the missing piece. Finally, the piece was found and it fit perfectly. And then she saw Jim with Karen and that piece was lost again. She used to be so excited for the trip and she was looking forward to what it would result in. She never expected it to begin like this.

 

Her head was aching from her sobs but she still couldn’t stop them from rolling down her cheeks. Her head was in her hands and was rubbing her temples. She was crying so hard that she didn’t even hear the knocking on the bathroom door.

 

“Pam?” a concerned voice asked. This caught her attention.

 

“Who is it?” she asked in a quivery voice.

 

“Jim.” Her breathing stopped and she immediately felt nervous. She didn’t know how she could face him or what she would say. She knew she would have to confront him at one point, but she didn’t except it to be this soon. She took a quick look in the mirror and saw how red and splotchy her face was. Taking a deep breath, she slowly turned the knob and opened the door. Now that she was face to face with Jim, her eyes started watering again. He lightly placed his hand on her arm and she flinched. He noticed and asked, “Pam, what’s wrong?”

 

“Are you really asking me that question?” she asked a little harshly. “I think you know what’s wrong. I saw how much you were enjoying being with Karen!”

 

“Oh,” he said and stepped back to sit on the bed. “About that.”

 

“Yeah, really, Jim. What was that about?” she asked angrily. He took a deep breath. “First off, it’s really not what it looked like. Wait, that’s always what people say when it was what it looked like. Okay, let me try this again—”

 

“I get it, Jim. But just tell me, if it wasn’t what it looked like, then what was it? Because it looked to me as if you were treating her like she was your date.”

 

“My date?!” He said while standing up. He was begging to get angry himself. “I was just trying to be polite!”

 

“Oh, that’s for sure,” she replied sarcastically.

 

“Just—” He stopped and took another deep breath. “This is getting out of hand. Come here.” He patted a spot on the bed and she went to sit next to him. He took her hand in his. She looked in her lap and sniffed. He took her chin in his hand and pulled her face up so she was facing him. “Look at me,” he said. She slowly moved her eyes so they were looking into his. “Now listen. I know you’re thinking that I didn’t notice how Karen was trying to win me back but believe me, I did. I just felt bad that I left her so unexpectedly and as soon as I did, I asked you on a date. So I felt as if I should give her the benefit of the doubt and treat her as if we had never dated.”

 

“But Jim, do you know how I felt each time we were near her? You and I have never had a real talk about her and what happened between you guys. I felt as if you still had feelings for her.”

 

“Pam, listen. I liked Karen; but I never felt for her…I never felt for her what I feel for you.” This caught Pam’s attention and she was silent for a moment before she spoke.

 

“While you were with her, you treated me like I didn’t exist. That was a lonely part of my life and I just want to forget about it. But when Karen comes by, I’m reminded. I felt as if you got completely over me to where I was nothing but the receptionist you worked with.”

 

“My feelings for you never left. They just grew even stronger, no matter how hard I tried to push them away. I was in love with you then and I’m even more in love with you now.”

 

Pam’s heart skipped a beat and she felt dizzy. He hadn’t said that to her since the fateful night before he transferred.

 

“Oh, Jim,” she whispered.

 

“I love you so much. I never stopped,” he whispered back. Tears were falling from her face yet again, but this time it wasn’t out of pain. It was out of happiness and love. He wiped a tear from her cheek and then cupped her face with his hands. Their faces inched closer and she placed her hands on his shoulders.

 

“I love you too and I always have. I love you more then I ever thought I could love a person. I love you, I love you, I love you.” Then, their lips touched softly once, and then again. She snaked her arms around her neck as he inched her closer. The kiss was intimate and expressed everything they both felt. When they pulled away their foreheads remained touching. They both were smiling.

 

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered.

 

“I am too. I completely overreacted.”

 

“No you didn’t. And don’t worry; I’ll be keeping my distance from Karen from now on.”

 

“You better,” she said before pressing her lips to his once more.

 

“What do you say we get back to the party?” he asked when they parted.

 

“I say okay. But let me just wash my face. It’s so red; I look like I’ve been hanging upside down for three hours.”

 

“No you don’t. You look great.”

 

“That’s what every boyfriend is supposed to say,” she said with a smile as she stood up.

 

“Yeah, but I actually mean it.”

 

“And that’s another reason why I love you. God, it feels so good to say that.”

 

She walked into the bathroom feeling like she could run a marathon with all of the sudden energy that she held. The missing piece was found and her puzzle was complete again.

 

*****

 

They walked back into the Glory Atrium with radiant smiles pasted on their faces. Pam resisted the urge to shout out of happiness. She knew people were wondering why they both looked so high spirited but she could care less. The smile just wouldn’t go away. First of all, Jim had made it clear that Karen never meant anything to him. Secondly, they both finally said that they love each other.

 

The first thing they noticed when they walked in was that karaoke had started. They didn’t pay much attention to the people singing until Love Song by Sara Bareilles began.

 

“Woah, Jim! Look on the stage!” What he saw was definitely a sight. Andy was holding a microphone and was bobbing his head. Then, he started to sing in an incredibly off-key voice. He was completely missing the beat as well.

 

“Somebody needs to get him off the stage. He’s ruining one of my favorite songs!” she said.

 

“Well, I guess we’ll just have to go up next and sing for ourselves to make up for it.”

 

“You’re kidding me, right?”

 

“No, I’m dead serious,” he said, smirking.

 

“I’m scared to death being on a stage in front of a lot of people!” she complained.

 

“Then we have more of a reason to do it. We’ll get you over that fear and we’ll make up for Andy making our ears bleed.”

 

“Okay, fine.”

 

When the song ended, Jim grabbed her hand and dragged her up onto the stage. He flipped through the songs while Pam looked at the people in horror. Once he chose the song, he handed a microphone to her and held her hand. The music started and she looked at him and asked, “Don’t go Breakin’ my heart? Really?” He winked at her and squeezed her hand then turned his attention to the screen where the words were being prompted. By just simply at looking at him, her nerves faded. “Don’t go breakin’ my heart,” he sang. He certainly wasn’t American Idol worthy but his singing voice was cute. A little off-key, but cute.

 

“I couldn’t if I tried,” she sang back. They were getting applause from the whole room and Michael was trying to start the wave. She knew they weren’t great singers but she figured the fun they were having must have been contagious. The dull office party had now turned into a blast. This karaoke thing was one-hundred times better than she thought.

 

“Ooo, nobody knows it,” they sang in unison. She giggled when he wiggled his eyebrows at her as he sang, “When I was down”. She sang, “I was your clown” and winked at him.

 

While she was singing, she spotted Karen in the audience. She was slumped down in a chair and looked dejected and defeated. Pam figured that she saw how genuinely happy she and Jim seemed around each other.

 

They song finally finished and they stepped down from the stage. Their cheeks were flushed from the laughter.

 

“See, Beesly? That wasn’t so humiliating!”

 

“I actually had a great time!”

 

“I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!” he said like a five year old would. Just then, Michael ran up to them out of breath from trying to start the wave.

 

“You guys, that was so awesome! I mean like, awesome to the max! Like—”

 

“Thanks, Michael,” Jim interrupted.

 

“Since when have you had such pipes?” Michael asked.

 

“Yeah, Jim, I never knew you could sing like that,” Pam teased.

 

“You know, you should try out for American Idol. I could be your secretary!” Their boss suggested.

 

“I like that idea,” Pam said. “Oh, and maybe afterwards, you and Randy can go out for Cosmos.”

 

“But Michael wouldn’t that mean I would have to quit Dunder Mifflin?” Jim asked.

 

“You can have two jobs. I mean, look at Hannah Montana. She is a rock star and she goes to school.”

 

“I don’t think school is a job,” Pam said.

 

“Wait. You watch Hannah Montana?” Jim asked.

 

“Duh, who doesn’t?” Michael asked, dumbfounded. Jim gave a single nod and then said, “You know, I think I’m going to go and get another drink. Pam, do you want to come with me?” She nodded in response and said, “Bye, Michael.” When they were out of earshot she asked:

 

“Did you just say that so you could get away from Michael?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“So, since when does he watch Hannah Montana?”

 

“Think about it, Beesly. What show doesn’t Michael watch?”

 

“Good point.”

 

They got their drinks and mingled a bit. When they started to get tired of the party, they headed back to the room for the second time that night. They each took a shower and changed into their pajamas. Then, they crawled into bed and Jim pulled out his portable DVD player he brought.

 

“What are the movie choices?” Pam asked.

 

“We have Meet the Parents—”

 

“Nah, we watched that last week. I’ve seen it too many times anyway.”

 

“Same here. I also have Wedding Crashers, Pirates of the Caribbean —”

 

“Oh! Pirates of the Caribbean ! I love that movie!”

 

“And we are taking a Caribbean cruise.”

 

“What if this scares me into thinking that Captain Barbossa is going to come and attack our ship?”

 

“Just remember, it’s all make-believe and they are just actors,” he said, mimicking a mother soothing her child after watching Jurassic Park for the first time.

 

“Can it.” She snuggled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her. She always got easily frightened in movies such as these so when the scarier parts came, she would tighten her grip around Jim’s shirt and he would rub her back. Once it ended, he put up the DVD player and turned off the lights.

 

“You’re so easily scared in movies like that,” he said.

 

“When I was little, I thought the witch from Snow White was hiding under my bed holding a poison apple. I would have to sleep under the covers with my lamp on and the doors open.”

 

“I actually think you’re really cute when you’re scared. Especially at that one part when you closed your eyes and turned away from the screen. Priceless”

 

“Hey!” she exclaimed while hitting him with a pillow. He grabbed her and pinned her on her back.

 

“Drop the pillow,” he said.

 

“Not gonna happen.”

 

“Okay, then.” He started tickling her which caused her to let out little shrieks. He didn’t stop and she was laughing so hard that tears were running down her cheeks. She tried to hit him with the pillow to get him to stop even though she was secretly enjoying it.

 

“Stop it! You know I’m ticklish!”

 

“Not until you let go of the pillow.”

 

“Okay, okay! I surrender!”

 

“That’s what she—”

 

“Don’t you dare.”

 

“That was a good one and you know it. Anyway, I knew I’d win.”

 

“That so unfair and I—” he leaned down and kissed her which interrupted her sentence.

 

“Forget what I said,” she continued and pulled him down for another kiss. When they parted, he rolled back over and let her go, but she immediately cuddled back next to him. They were quiet for a moment and her eyelids started to close. She was almost asleep when Jim said, “Goodnight, Pam.”

 

“’Night. I love you.”

 

She could hear the smile in his voice when he said, “I love you too.”

 

End Notes:

Reviews are like Dwight bringing a dead goose to work.

Remember - the more reviews = the quicker an update.

Seven by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:

The reviews last chapter were pretty weak, man. (; I'm telling you guys now; I started working on this chapter right after the office premier and finished at 3:11 in the morning. I worked really hard and I'm really happy with the result. So this will hopefully deserve a lot more reviews.

Malcom Lake deserves a trillion thank yous for being so helpful and just.. AWESOME! Also, thank you thank you thank you to ISayOye because she was up with me the whole time I was writing this chapter helping me finish and giving me suggestions on what to do.

Enjoy!

Pam awoke to the early morning sun shining through the single window in their room. She and Jim were comfortably entangled. When she moved her head from its spot on his chest, she felt a surge of cold air hit her cheek. She rolled over and noticed the clock. It read 6:01 a.m. and they would be docking in Nassau in the Bahamas in an hour. She longed to stay in bed for a little while longer but she knew that they needed to get up. Since it took her longer to get ready, she decided that she would go ahead and start and give him some more rest. When she sat up she felt sheets rustle and the body next to her roll over. She turned around and saw Jim squinting as he was trying to adjust to the sudden brightness from the sunlight.

 

“Hey,” she said as he sat up as well.

 

“What time is it?” he asked while yawning.

 

“6:00.”

 

“Remind me again, why are we getting up so early?”

 

“Because we’re arriving in the Bahamas in an hour.”

 

“Oh, yeah. So, how did you sleep?” he asked while pulling her close to him. He kissed the top of her head and then ran his finger along the imprint his shirt left on her cheek.

 

“I slept wonderfully,” she replied while he moved his hand down and began to run his fingers through her hair. She smiled and felt a chill go up her spine as she always did when he touched her.

 

“It’s a good thing you woke up when you did because we totally forgot about phoning in a wake-up call,” he said. They remained sitting close to each other, cuddling, for the next few minutes until they finally dragged themselves out of bed to get ready. Pam wore her madras shorts with a navy tank top and her newly bought bikini underneath it while Jim went ahead and wore his dark green swimsuit bottoms along with a white t-shirt that fit him in all of the right places.

 

Soon, they were seated in the ship’s dining room for breakfast.

 

Jim shook his head and looked at his girlfriend’s meal, “Pam, I still can’t see how you can eat oatmeal. When I was a kid, my mom had to force it down my throat.”

 

“Well, I don’t see how every morning you have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. I mean seriously, how can you not be sick of it by now?”

 

“Because they’re magically delicious!”

 

“Jim, that’s Lucky Charms.” Pam said, trying very hard to sound disappointed.

 

“Really? Then is it, ‘The taste you can see’?”

 

“No, that’s Cinnamon Toast Crunch.”

 

“Then what is it for Cheerios?”

 

“I’m not sure if they have one.”

 

“Oh, that’s just wrong. That brand has been around longer than any other and it doesn’t have a catchy slogan.”

 

Pam giggled at his remark. She loved how he could always make her laugh no matter what situation they were in. It wasn’t long before they were stepping off of the ship and onto the grounds in Nassau . They were debating on what they should do considering they only had until 2:00 before they had to re-board the ship.

 

“But I’m scared to death of heights!”

 

“If you could conquer your fear of performing in front of a crowd, you can definitely overcome your fear of heights," Jim said with absolute certainty. "And anyway, when you parasail you’ll be above the water, so if for some reason you fall it won’t hurt. When I did it before, it was just a relaxing ride. I promise you that there is nothing to worry about.”

 

She let out a deep sigh. One of her life’s dreams was to go parasailing but now that the chance was in front of her, she was to timid to reach out and take it. “Do you swear on your life you’ll be up there with me?”

 

“I wouldn’t do it without you, Beesly.”

 

“Good,” she replied as she stood up on her tiptoes and gave him a quick peck on the lips. They walked around a bit until they found a place to register for parasailing. By the time they signed up, paid, and walked up to the boat, it was 8:00. As it turned out, Andy, Angela, Michael, and Jan, were planning on doing it, too. Well, Angela was actually going to be the photographer.

 

“I can’t believe I’m about to do this,” Pam said. Jim reached for her hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. “You won’t regret it,” he assured her. They stepped onto the boat and she took off her tank top so she could put on her sunscreen. She pulled it out of her bag and began rubbing it on her arms.

 

“Let me help,” he said. He took the sunscreen, squirted some in his hands and rubbed them together, and then began rubbing it on her shoulders. It was cold on her skin but his hands sent a surge of warmth through her body. He leaned towards her ear and whispered, “That swimsuit looks great on you, by the way.” She felt the pink rise up in her cheeks and a smile spread on her face. He finished and handed her back the bottle. “Your turn,” she said. He took off his shirt and turned around. She rubbed the sunscreen in between her hands and rubbed it in on his warm hard back and up to his muscular shoulders.

 

By 8:30 the boat was loaded and they headed out to sea. They all took time to introduce themselves to the instructor whose name turned out to be Cliff. He was a very muscular man with sandy blonde hair. He wasn’t wearing a shirt but was dressed in red swim bottoms. He began to explain the techniques on how to parasail. Jim had his arm around Pam’s bare shoulders and she snuggled into his hold. Soon, the boat turned off its motor and Cliff asked who wanted to go first. Of course, Michael jumped to volunteer. Jan decided not to go and so he got in the water by himself. Actually, he attempted a cannonball.

 

“I think Michael is going to start crying as soon as the boat starts,” Pam said.

 

“I bet he’ll beg for them to let him back in,” Jim replied. Soon, Michael was harnessed to the parasail. Jim and Pam saw a look of complete panic come over their boss’s face as the driver turned on the motor. Shortly after, he was up in the air. Angela was snapping pictures and Jan was catching it all on video. Jim and Pam were squinting into the sun to see his reaction. He was screaming at the top of his lungs but neither could tell if he was crying. His screaming soon ceased, though, but it was unclear if it was because he was over himself or if he lost his voice. When the boat slowed down and the parasail was lowered into the water, Cliff asked who would like to be next. Jim looked at Pam and she nodded.

 

“We’ll go,” he said while she clutched his hand in fear and excitement. Michael just then stepped into the boat and exclaimed in a ragged voice, “Did you guys see me?”

 

Jim nodded wearily.

 

Michael saw Jim preparing to go next. “Yeah! Jimbo! Jim-bor-ee! Fat Halpert! Slim Jim! The Jiminator!”

 

“The Jiminator. That’s a new one,” Jim said.

 

Michael then approached to him and slapped a hand on his back. “It’s pretty high up there. I won’t blame you if you start crying. Pam, I don’t know if it’s safe for a woman. It took a lot of bravery out of me, and I’m a pretty brave guy, to go up there. If I were you, I’d back out now.”

 

“You know, Michael, I think I’m okay,” she replied. Michael nodded his head, took a towel, and sat down. Jim gave Pam’s hand one last squeeze before he jumped into the water. She took her time and slowly climbed in. They swam out to the canopy and harnessed themselves in. She began to feel nervous and her stomach was full of butterflies. “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” she said.

 

“I promise you, you’ll be so happy you did it,” he promised her. “And I’m right here with you.” Just like that, her tensions melted away, just like it did the night before when they were singing karaoke and she heard him sing the first line.

 

The boat started to slowly accelerate and they were gliding across the water. Then, they started to lift up in the air.

 

“Oh my god,” Pam said and stifled a shriek. She squeezed her eyes closed and no longer felt the water beneath her toes. After a few seconds, he said, “Open your eyes. You’ll like what you’ll see,” he said in his kind tone. She did as he said and he was right; she did like what she saw. The bright blue water surrounded them and little schools of fish swam below them in a carefree manner.

 

“Wow,” was all she could manage to say. She looked in the boat and saw Angela snapping away with the camera she lent her. Michael was clapping and shouting something to them that she couldn’t make out. The warm breeze blew through her hair and sent a soothing sensation through her. She turned to Jim and caught him smiling at her.

 

“What?” she asked.

 

“Do you have any idea how amazing you are?” he asked and she once again caught herself blushing. She was positive the video Jan was taking could catch the red in her cheeks. Suddenly, she didn’t care that they were right in front of Michael and Andy or that they were up in the air parasailing. She leaned forward and kissed him anyway. When she pulled away, they were both blushing a shade of red and smiling tremendously. He reached for her hand and he laced his fingers through hers. Those smiles didn’t leave their faces for the rest of their time they spent soaring in the air.

 

The time flew by and before they knew it, the boat had slowed to a stop and they were unfastening themselves from the harness. They swam back to the boat and stepped in and were greeted by a cheering Michael.

 

“Hey, Jimmy! Congrats on your little smooch-a-roo up there!” he said while Jim bent down and got towels for him and Pam

 

“Uh, thanks, Michael.”

 

“So, does this mean you and Pam are going to miss out on the rest of the day and—” The instructor must have known where Michael’s question was headed because he interrupted him by asking who was next. Andy ran and jumped in the water before even announcing it was his turn.

 

“I guess that answers my question,” the instructor said. Jim handed Pam her towel and they went and sat back down.

 

“Now, aren’t you glad I made you do that?” he asked.

 

“Yes, I am,” she replied. “It was nerve-wracking at first, but once you told me to open my eyes, I had a great time.”

 

They spent the remainder of the boat ride sitting close to each other and enjoying the warm sun. After Andy got off, the strangers who were also on the boat with them took their turn. By the time the boat drove back to the shore they were completely dry. As they were about to step off the boat, Cliff stopped them. “Hey, Pam,” he said with practiced confidence. “I know you’re on a bit of a time crunch here, but I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch or something.”

 

Pam’s mouth dropped and she was temporarily baffled. Of course she didn’t want to go on a lunch date with him, but other then Roy, Jim, Ryan, and her ninth grade boyfriend, Steve, she’d never been asked out by a guy. “Uh—I—” she stuttered. Luckily, Jim stepped in to her rescue.

 

“Sorry, man, but she’s with me,” he said with a grin. He put his arm around her and they stepped off the boat. “Thanks for the trip,” he called over his shoulder.

 

They stepped onto the wooden path that was sprinkled in sand. “That was awkward,” Pam said when they were out of the instructor’s earshot.

 

“Did he not see us? I mean, we were showing a bit of a PDA…”

 

“I know! He was probably too busy being distracted by Michael and his crude comments.”

 

They both let out a chuckle and then he asked, “So, what do you want to do for the rest of the time we have here? It’s only 10:30 so we still have three and a half hours until we have to be back on the cruise,” Jim said.

 

“Hmm… I say we just relax on the beach. Is that okay?”

“Absolutely.”

 

They walked to a nice looking beach that wasn’t too crowded but wasn’t to empty, either. They found a spot on the sand and laid out their towels. Then, Jim turned to Pam with a menacing look on his face.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked. “You’re kinda scaring me.”

 

“Last one in is a rotten beet!” he yelled and then took off running towards the water.

 

“Hey, that’s not fair! Cheater!” she yelled back while chasing after him. He splashed into the water first and then took a dive into the wave and she followed hot on his heels. “I won!” he declared when they both came up for air. “Oh, whatever, that was so unfair!” she protested.

 

“You’re just afraid to admit that I beat you fair and square,” he fought back.

 

“Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.”

 

“I was just lucky that I got a head start.”

 

“But it doesn’t count because you didn’t call it.”

 

“Fine, we’ll call it a tie.”

 

“Nope, you cheated so that means that I officially win.”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

“Yeah,” she retorted and then surprised him by splashing him in the face. He spit the water out of his mouth before he said, “You’re so going to pay for that, Beesly.” He lunged after her and she let out a scream while he grabbed her and pushed her under the water. When she popped up, she pushed down on his shoulders and tried to push him down but his feet were touching the bottom, unlike hers. He picked her up and held her firmly against him. She wrapped her arms around him as he said:

 

“I’ll let you win this time, but next time, you’re going down.” He kissed her nose and she giggled. This was finally it. It was finally them. They were together, completely happy, and completely in love.

 

“I think we’ll have to see about that,” she said. Just then, a wave came and knocked them both under the water. She kept grip on him and they soon emerged from the water laughing.

 

“I was not expecting that,” he said as he shook his hair spraying some water in her face. They swam around for another thirty minutes until Jim said, “I’m getting hungry. You want to stop somewhere for lunch?”

 

“As long as our parasailing instructor isn’t there, I’m in.” They swam back to the shore, dried off, and started walking around the little beach town that they were near. They ended up stopping at a deli. They each ended up getting a Caesar Salad with shrimp. When they were finished, they started to head back to their spot on the beach when Jim spotted an ice cream shop.

 

“What do you say? My treat,” he said.

 

“Come on, Jim. You’ve paid for all of our meals this trip.”

“Yeah, Starbucks and Quiznos cost me so much money,” he replied sarcastically. “Oh, and the free breakfast.”

 

“Okay, fine. But I’m paying next.” They walked into the little shop. “I’ll have mint chocolate chip, please,” he ordered. “And let me guess,” he said to Pam. “You want strawberry?”

 

“Of course,” she said, smiling at him. She loved how well he knew her. He paid for the cones and they walked back outside, licking at their treats.

 

“Now switch me,” she said. He handed her his cone and she handed him hers. It was a ritual they had each time they got ice cream. She took a few licks of his mint chocolate chip and then they switched back.

 

“Pam, look over there,” he said, pointing over his shoulder. She turned her head expecting to see something neat when instead she was greeted by him rubbing the cold, minty treat on her nose.

 

“Hey!” she interjected. “I’m sorry,” he apologized and started wiping it off her nose with a napkin. “I just couldn’t resist.”

 

“Well, in that case…” she dug a finger in hers and rubbed it on his mouth. “Hmm… I wonder how I’ll clean it off?” she asked, pretending not to know.

 

“Oh, I have a solution,” he said, grabbing her waist with his free hand and pulling her close into a kiss. The cold dessert felt cool pressed between their lips, but as always, the kiss was magical. They pulled away and now they both had ice cream on their lips. She licked it off her lips, then looked at him and giggled at how he looked with pink smeared across his face. She wiped some off with her thumb. He took her hand and kissed the finger. He kept her hand in his and they walked back to the beach.

 

“You know one thing that I really love?” she asked.

 

“What?”

 

“When you hold my hand.”

 

He smiled at her and squeezed her hand. “I love that too.”

 

They threw their trash away and sat down on the blankets. Pam sunk her toes in the warm sand, bent her neck down, and poured some over her feet. Then, she took more and poured it onto Jims.

 

“God, Pam, I just love you so much,” he said.

 

She looked up and smiled warmly at him. “I love you too. So much.” They stayed on the beach for the remaining time they had in Nassau spending their time between swimming and laying in the sun. At one point, something caught Pam’s eye that she absolutely had to point out to Jim.

 

“Hey. Look over there,” she whispered and nudged him, motioning to her right. When he did, he saw Karen, who was close enough that they had to be careful of how loud they spoke, dressed in a super stringy bikini. She practically sitting on Ryan Howard’s lap and she was running her hand through her hair. Jim turned to look at Pam and they immediately broke out in giggles. Karen must have heard them, because she looked over and linked eyes with them for a second, then went back to caressing Ryan. She started smiling even brighter and batting her eyelashes even more as if she was trying to show off for Jim and Pam. They turned away and started giggling again.

 

“What is up with her?” Jim asked in between laughs.

 

“I don’t know, but I think she’s hitting on Ryan,” Pam said.

 

“Yeah, that or she’s dating him and trying to flaunt him in our face.” That caused them to snicker even more. Karen turned around at them and gave them a glare so they put their hands over their mouths to hide their smiles. When 2 o’ clock drew near, they packed up their stuff, dried their hair off as much as they could with a towel, and headed back to the cruise ship.

 

When they stepped into the lobby, it took them a while for their eyes to get used  to the absence of the bright sunlight. The strong air conditioning was a surprise to their bodies that had finally adjusted to the heat. Pam shivered due to this and the fact that her hair was still wet and droplets of the sea water ran down her back. Jim wrapped a towel around her and pulled her close to him. They walked to the elevators, their flip-flops making loud noises against the hard floor, and pressed the button to go up.

 

When they arrived in their hotel room, they immediately changed into dry clothes. She flopped onto the bed and reached for the remote control so she could turn on the TV. The soft bed was so welcoming to her tired body. Jim laid down right next to her and she instantly snuggled closer to him. The pillow she was previously laying on had a spot from her wet hair. He pulled up the blankets and wrapped his arm around her. Before long, they were both drifting off into a peaceful nap.

 

*****

 

When Pam awoke Jim wasn’t laying next to her. She sat up and looked around, worried at first. Then, she saw the balcony door open. She stepped outside and saw Jim sitting on a chair.

 

“’Hey, sleepy head,” he said. She walked over to him. “Come here,” he said and patted a spot in his lap. She sat down and laid her head on his shoulder as his hands went around her waist. The cruise was once again at sail. She closed her eyes as she felt the warm breeze blow around them, sending pleasant chills down her spine.

 

“Look at the sunset,” he said. She opened her eyes and looked at the beautiful colors that were lowering below the oceanic horizon. She wrapped her arms around his torso and gave him a soft squeeze.

 

“It’s so beautiful,” she said.

 

“Will you do me a favor?”” he asked.

 

“Yeah, anything,” she replied willing to do whatever he asked.

 

“Will you draw this for me tomorrow?” She smiled adoringly at him and kissed his chin. His cheeks were a little red and so were his nose. She was pretty sure hers were, too.

 

“Gladly.”

 

Last night at this time, Pam was in the bathroom crying and feeling as if it were possible to lose the man that meant so much to her. Now, she felt a promise or a certain security between them what was unbreakable. She knew that nobody could pull them apart; they would be able to stick together no matter what obstacles they will cross. Their lonesome past only helped to strengthen them as a couple, not bruise them and cause issues as she’d feared. Right there, as they were sitting on their balcony, nuzzling in each other’s warmth, she felt a sudden assurance that he was the one she would be spending her life with.

 

They stayed like that until the sun set all the way, listening to the soothing sound of the breaking waves below them and the seagulls cawing as if to their own tune.

 

Then, Pam felt a vibration coming from Jim’s stomach.

 

“You hungry?” she asked and he nodded his head in response. She stood up and held out her hand to him which he gladly took in his.

 

“What do you feel like eating?” she asked.

 

“I’m not going to lie; I don’t feel like dressing up for anything. So how about we go to the pizzeria?”

 

“That sounds great. At least one of these nights, though we will dress up and eat at one of these nice restaurants.”

 

“That’s good with me,” he replied with a smile. They took the elevator down to the main floor and walked to the pizzeria. Fortunately, it wasn’t too crowded so they were seated right away. They ordered a pepperoni pizza to split along with a grape soda and a Coke. Despite their hunger, they took their time eating. They talked and flirted too much and the people sitting around them were probably getting aggravated with their constant laughing. When they finally signed their check, they headed back to the room. When they were crawling into bed, Jim said, “Now, I’m warning you, if you hit me with a pillow tonight I’ll be sure to tickle you like you’ve never been tickled before.” She gave him a lighthearted smack and sat on the bed next to him. “Turn around,” he said.

 

“Why?” she asked suspiciously.

 

“I’m not going to do anything mean, I promise,” he said. She turned so her back was to him and he put his hands on her shoulders and gave them a squeeze. She relaxed with his touch and sighed at how good his massage felt. He rubbed her neck and then went down her back. While he was back to massaging her shoulders, he moved his mouth up to her ear and whispered, “Pam.” Hearing her name sent chills through her body. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” She placed her hand on his and turned around to face him. “I don’t ever want to lose you,” she responded as their faces inched closer. “Never, not in a million years, will you ever lose me. I’m never going to let that happen,” he said as their lips met. The kiss was tender and affectionate and neither of them ever wanted to pull away but after some time, they did. Their lips were swollen but they didn’t care. “I’m deeply and madly in love with you,” she said. He smiled and leaned in for another kiss that proved he meant it too. They pulled away with gentle smiles on their faces as they lay down. He pulled her close to him and she curled up next to him and he kissed her forehead. Yeah; he was most definitely the one.

End Notes:
Please please please please please please review! They are like Michael quoting The Devil Wears Prada. I worked incredibly hard on this and I'm hoping to see what you guys think.
Eight by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
I'm so so sorry for the delay on this story! It's one of my favorites and I'm so sorry to have left it abandoned! It's been probably 5 months since I last touched it. Please forgive me!

Thanks a trillion MalcomLake! You're bomb diggity.

Holly is played by Zooey Deschanel. Here's a visual aid of how I picture her in this story. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t9gvw9&s=4
It would’ve been a peaceful night. That is, if Jim and Pam didn’t wake up at 3 a.m. to the sound of an air horn being blown outside of their room.

“Jesus Christ,” Jim said with a croaky morning voice as he fell back down on his pillow.

Pam crawled out of bed and grabbed her blue and white striped robe from the closet. “I’m going to see what’s going on,” she said as she slid on her slippers. When she opened the door, what she saw did not surprise her whatsoever.

“It’s Michael,” she said to Jim, irritated at their boss for waking them up at such an hour.

“Figures,” he replied as he got out of bed as well. They stepped out of the room and closed the door, only to find that the other guests on their floor were doing the same. Jim stood behind Pam looking very annoyed.

“Michael, what are you doing?" Pam asked.

“Good morning, Pamela!” he exclaimed way too loudly into the megaphone he was holding, causing it to shriek. The unhappy guests standing around groaned. I'm sorry, did I interrupt you and Jim in the middle of sex? Sweet, sweet sex? You know, I bet that’s why you’re so grumpy, because you were so close to co-“

“Wow, um, no. Actually we were sleeping,” Jim cut Michael off.

“Yeah… Sleeping as in having sex.”

Jim shook his head to the camera that was pointing at him and Pam let out an exasperated sigh. Many of the people standing by either looked disgusted or rolled their eyes. Some even went back in their rooms. “Okay, it’s two o’ clock in the morning, Michael. Why are you blowing an air horn outside of our room?” she asked.

“Oh, right, about that,” he said before holding the megaphone back up to his mouth, causing it to shriek again. Jim and Pam flinched and put their hands up to their ears.

“God, could you stop doing that?” Oscar, who was standing a few doors down, asked.

Pam shivered and pulled her robe tighter. “You cold?” Jim whispered. She nodded her head. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tightly against his chest. She instantly relaxed into his touch. “Better?” he asked. “Much,” she replied, smiling.

“I’m here to announce that we are in grave danger!” Michael proclaimed. Everyone was silent.

“What kind of danger?” a man asked who was around the age of Jim and Pam. He was combing his fingers through the girl’s hair who was standing next to him. She was probably his wife. Pam couldn’t help but think that they were a precious couple. She caught herself smiling when she realized people were probably thinking the same about her and Jim.

“The boat just hit a glacier and we are all going to die!” Michael proclaimed. A few people went into panic mode; this one lady, probably around 50 years old who was short and a little on the heavy side, was in a complete frenzy. Jim couldn’t help but hold in a chuckle. Poor thing, he thought, she has no clue that Michael is only trying to get attention.

“But I’m here to save the day! Everyone, grab hold of your loved ones, Jim, Pam, that means you, and go to the lifeboats. Woman and children will get to safety first. Don’t forget to grab your life vests. Chances are that the men will have to jump off the boat into the cold water where they will face Davey Jones!”

Many people were rushing down the halls. Kevin was pushing his way in front of everyone, knocking some people to the ground. Oscar and Toby were trying to tell people that it was all some stupid joke and that they really weren’t going to die. The people who could tell that Michael was just insane stayed put. The couple that Pam spotted earlier was still standing by their doors, looking at Michael like he was from a different planet.

“Wait, since when are there glaciers in the Caribbean?” they heard a man ask.

Talking Head

“Oh my God, Michael has just topped his list of outrageous ways to make people hate him,” Jim said. He shook his head in silent admiration. "The man is a master."

“I didn’t think it was possible for him to top the time he announced to Corporate that a deadly famine had spread through Scranton and everyone was killed other than him. I have been proved wrong,” Pam said. She turned to Jim and smiled.

End of talking head

Jim and Pam watched Michael trying to hold back a smile and waited for the inevitable.

“YOU’VE BEEN PUNK’D!” Michael finally yelled at the top of his lungs into the megaphone. Everyone stopped rushing down the hallway and grew silent.

“Wow,” Jim said. Pam just stared at him astonished. The now infuriated guests were making their way back to their hotel rooms mumbling to themselves or each other about what just happened.

“What the Hell, man?” a man asked as he passed Michael.

“You’re just jealous that you can’t pull off a joke that good!” Michael called after the man. The man flipped him off. “He’s just jealous. He’s so jealous,” He told the camera.

“I bet there are at least ten people on this boat plotting a way to murder Michael Scott,” Jim said causing Pam laugh lightly. “Agreed.”

They heard the air horn one more time as Michael made his way down the hallway going back to his cabin, and they, along with many other people, groaned.

“Seriously, Michael?” Jim asked to himself as he moved Pam’s hair from her neck and lightly ran his fingers across it. She let out a giggle. “That tickles,” she said.

“Does it?” he asked.

“Jim, really!”

“Does this tickle?” he asked as he turned her towards him and started lightly tickling the area under her chin. She was giggling full out now. Her robe fell off of her left shoulder.

“Stop it!” she begged in between giggles.

“How about this?” he teased as he tickled her sides. She was giggling uncontrollably now and didn’t even realize her robe fall to the floor leaving her in her grey tank top and pink and white polka-dotted pajama bottoms. “What about this?” he asked, laughing himself, as he reached under her tank top and tickled all around her stomach, sides, and back. Her cheeks were rosy from the laughter. He bent down and blew on her stomach, just like people do to little babies. “Jim! Quit it!” she said , although she was enjoying this little PDA quite a bit.

“That’s it, Jim-stone, take off her shirt,” an all too familiar voice cheered. He instantly stopped tickling her and they turned to see no other than Michael Scott. Standing next to him was a chuckling Kevin. They also noticed a camera being pointed towards them. There was an awkward silence.

“O-kay,” Jim finally said as Pam bent down to pick up her robe.

“Bend over again,” Kevin drooled. Jim raised his eyebrows and shoved his hands in his sweatpant pockets. Pam, who was clearly blushing, held up her robe to her chest and looked uncomfortably at the camera, humiliated at the fact that this was all caught on film.

“Well, I’m feeling pretty tired,” Jim said as he faked a yawn. “I think we’re going to go back in and hit the hay. Again.”

“Sex,” Michael said.

“What?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you say something, Mich ael?”

“Zip, I said zip. Zipadeedoodah.”

“Excuse me, sir, but what is going on here?” the cruise’s captain asked.

“We have absolutely nothing to do with this,” Jim said motioning to him and Pam.

“I have just received 5 calls complaining about a man with an air horn and a megaphone,” the captain continued.

“Well, if you find that man, please be sure to tell me. I’ll be on the lookout for him,” Michael said. The captain just stared at him and took the megaphone and air horn out of his hand. “I’m sorry sir, but I’m going to have to take these away from you.”

“Aww, come on!” Michael whined. “You’re such a fun sucker!” The captain started walking away. When he was out of earshot, Michael stuck his tongue out at him.

“Nice going, Michael,” Pam said.

“Way to blow my cover, Jim. I thought we were best buddies,” Michael sulked.

“I guess I am just not capable for that honor.”

“That’s just too bad,” Pam agreed.

“Michael. Can I be your best buddy?” Kevin asked.

“God, no, Kevin. You’re too... Fat,” Michael said in disgust.

Jim and Pam looked at the camera and shook their heads with no expression on their faces.

“Well, Michael, I think Pam and really are going to go back in our room now. Nice talking to ya,” Jim said as he reached in his pocket for the key to their room. “Dammit,” he cursed. “What?” Pam asked as she placed a hand on his back. “’We’re locked out” he replied.

“Ha! Now you’re going to have to rough it in the hallway!” Michael said.

“Nope. We’re just going to have to go reception and tell them we locked the key in the room,” Jim explained.

“Oh… Well, that’s just... Lame,” Michael said as turned from them and started back down the hallway. Kevin was right behind him. Jim could hear him say, "I saw her chest, Michael. Her chest. And a lot of it. A lot."

“Seriously, Jim, what’s up with you tickling me so much lately? You did it the other night, too,” Pam said as they started walking towards the elevators.


“I don’t know, you’re just so cute when you’re being tickled,” he replied as she pushed him with her shoulder playfully. He laughed and laced his fingers though his. They made their way down to reception and Jim walked up to the desk. “I may go grab a cup of hot chocolate. You want anything?” Pam asked.

“Mm, grab me the same.” She gave his hand a squeeze before letting go and making her way to the little cafŽ that was always open. Once she ordered, she noticed the girl from the same couple she saw back upstairs during the whole Michael fiasco.

“What a night, huh?” Pam asked as she sat down next to the girl.

The girl looked up from her magazine and smiled when she saw Pam. She noticed that her eyes were a deep blue and they really stuck out with her black hair. She was tall and skinny and had a pretty smile. “Hey! I saw you up there with your husband. Is this your honeymoon?"

Pam couldn’t help but smile brightly at the word “husband”. She intended hope to marry Jim one day and start a life with him. She honestly couldn’t see herself with anyone else. If he asked her to marry him at this very moment, at this very coffee shop, she would say yes without a question.

“Um, actually, he’s not—”

“Let me just say that you both are the most precious sweethearts I’ve seen in a long time.”

She felt the blush rise up in her cheeks. “Thank you! I really love him..."

“Oh, I can totally tell.”

Pam was still smiling. She couldn’t believe that a random stranger was making her feel so giddy.

“Well, I have to say the same with you and your husband. I couldn’t help but smile at you guys!”

“That’s really sweet! But he’s actually just my fiance... We’re here with the company we work with.”

“Are you serious? So am I!”

“Dunder Mifflin?”

“Yeah! What branch do you work in?”

“Yonkers. I’m an accountant. What about you?”

“I’m the receptionist at Scranton.”

“Oh, so your boss is the guy with the air horn and pretended like we were on the Titanic.”

“Unfortunately, yes. I’m Pam Beesly, by the way.”

“And I’m Holly Carmichael. It’s nice meeting you, Pam!”

“You too!” Pam’s name was then called informing her that the hot chocolates were ready. She went to retrieve them and sat back down.

“So you said you were engaged... Can I see the rock?”

“Absolutely!” Holly held out her hand to her. She studied the ring and couldn’t help but picture what it would be like when she was the one with the ring on her finger with someone examining hers.

“It’s beautiful!” Pam said.

“Can I see your ring?”

“Oh, um, actually, I’m not married. I’m actually not even engaged..."

“Are you joshing me?” Holly asked, obviously not believing her.

“Sadly, no. But I hope someday he will pop the question. I mean, I would give anything to marry him, and I’m pretty sure he feels the same way.”

“I’m positive it will happen. I mean, I’d never even met the guy and I can see how head over heels in love he is with you.” Pam smiled again and her heart was filling with butterflies. She was now urging to see Jim. She knew he loved her, but hearing from someone that he was “head over heels in love with her” after only examining them for a few minutes made her even more thankful for him.

“Hey, this is him, right?” Holly asked as she pointed her head towards Jim, who was walking in their direction. Pam nearly jumped out of her chair and was almost running towards him.

“Pam, I got the new ro—” She cut him of by placing her hands on his face and placing her lips against his. He instantly responded and wrapped his arms around her and pulling her tighter against him which caused the kiss to deepen. She felt his tongue against her lips, and she opened her mouth letting it enter. She let out a sigh and ran her fingers through his hair. His arms were wrapped tightly around her and she felt protected. She wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted, but when they pulled away, they were slightly out of breath.

“Wow,” he managed as he ran a finger along her slightly swollen lip.

“You guys are pretty awake for this time in the morning,” Holly said as she made her way from the table to the smiling couple. “I’m Holly Carmichael, by the way,” she said. “And let me just say that you guys are the cutest couple I’ve probably ever seen.”

“Thanks!” Jim said with a huge smile on his face. “You’re blushing,” Pam pointed out as she smiled up at him. “Oh, you’re so blushing,” he replied. She giggled, and while still smiling up at him, she said, “And Holly, this is Jim.” She leaned her head on his chest as he held her tightly against him. Their large smiles caused Holly to smile as well.

“That’s so cute…” Holly swooned. “You know, we should hang out sometime. You guys, me, and my fiancŽ. What about lunch tomorrow at Rosies?”

“That sounds great,” Jim said as he kissed the top of Pam’s head.

“Well, I’d better get going, but I’ll see you guys later,” she said as she gave Pam a quick pat on the back and made her way to the elevators.

“Our hot chocolate is probably getting cold,” Pam said as she left Jim’s embrace to grab the warm mugs. She handed him his and took a sip of hers. They started back up to their room.

*****

“What a night,” Jim said as he pulled the covers back for the second time that night.

“More like what a morning. It’s only 3:13!”

“Good thing we have all day on the ship so we can sleep in as late as we want,” he said as he fell on the bed and pulled Pam down with him.

“I know,” she agreed as she snuggled up next to him, resting her head on his chest. He reached for her hands and held them both in between his.

“I like Holly. She seemed pretty cool,” he said.

“Yeah she is. She made me appreciate you even more than I already did.”

“Really? How?”

“I don’t know... Just something about how she instantly noticed that you were, and I quote, ‘head over heels in love with me’.”

“And that I am,” he said as he kissed her hands before letting them go to turn off the lamp

“Well, I’m head over heels in love with you too. But I’m sure you already knew that.”

“I did, but hearing you say it is even better than just knowing it.” He bent over her and gave her a peck on the nose. She pulled up the covers and ran her cold feet up and down his calf..

“Jesus, Pam! Your feet are freezing!” he exclaimed.

“Then you’ll just have to warm them up for me.” She seductively wrapped her leg around he took her hand in his again. “Now that’s better,” she said and he chuckled.



End Notes:
Thank you all for the wonderful reviews last chapter! I loved getting them because it is the longest chapter I've ever written and I was quite pleased with it. I really like this chapter as well, so if you read it and enjoyed it (or even if you read it and don't like it), please leave a review and let me know : )
Nine by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
I got few reviews last chapter, but I can only blame that on myself because I didn't update this story in such a long time so I figure it has become forgotten. But I'll still update and hopefully people will start enjoying it once again!

I have a few more visual aids for this chapter.
In my Jam Fan Fiction Fantasy World (say that five times fast), Ty is played by Ben Affleck. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ylkl3&s=4

Also, the pool shown on the cruises website looks kind of tacky to me, so I went out an chose another one. Yes, I'm aware that it is a picture off of a Disney Cruise. But it's my story so I can do what I want to, right? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33jpk53&s=4

And lastly, here is the dress that Pam wears to the part. I'm sorry the link is so long!
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-5117389039715140591&id=830078&parentid=APP_DRESS_SOLID&pushId=APP_DRESS_SOLID&popId=APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=&navCount=12&navAction=poppush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=nem

Even with the late night antics of Michael, Jim and Pam were up by only 9:00. It was a sunny day and they wanted to lay out by the pool and work on getting a tan, although Pam argued that she didn’t tan tan, she just burned. 

They threw on their swimsuits; Jim in navy swim trunks and Pam in the one she wore to the Beach Games, and some sort of cover up on top. Pam packed a bag with sunscreen (she would most definitely be needing it), waters, their sunglasses, towels, books and magazines and all of the other necessities.

They made their way down to grab some breakfast and ate their usual meal and finally went out to the pool deck. The warm sun instantly greeted them. It felt nice compared to the over-air conditioned rooms inside the cruise. They found two good beach chairs and set their stuff down. 

“Hm... This isn’t going to work,” Jim said. 

“Wait, what isn’t going to work?” she asked. 

He pushed the two chairs together and laid a towel over it so it was more like one big chair. He plopped down on a side and grabbed the sunscreen. 

“I like the way you think, Halpert,” she said and sat next to him. 

“I’m just so brilliant. Turn around.” She did as he said and he squirted some sunscreen into his hand.  

“Way to be modest,” she said and rolled her eyes. He began rubbing the sunscreen onto her back like he did the day before. “Good thing we beat the crowds,” he said as he slowly rubbed it in on her shoulders. As of right now, there were probably only 5 other people on the pool deck. But of course, just as he said that, he was jinxed. The shrill screams of two little kids, one boy and one girl, filled the air. 

“Never mind…” he said. As he rubbed his hands up and down her arms, he bent down to whisper in her ear which caused Pam’s stomach to fill with butterflies. Her eyes fluttered shut.

“You know how we could really escape the crowds?” he asked in a low tone. 

“Hmm?” she managed.

“We come out here at midnight,” he answered. She shuddered slightly and smiled slyly.

“There’s a hot tub, you know. What do you say?” 

“Absolutely I do,” she replied and winked. “Your turn,” she said as she took the sunscreen from him. The butterflies were still in her stomach for probably the next hour. Actually, she still always had butterflies around him and she concluded that she always would. She love how the slightest gesture from him, like a husky whisper in her ear, could do that to her.  

“Jimilicious definitions make them girls go crazy!” 

Oh no. It was the voice. Pam pinched herself hoping it was just a nightmare. But when she looked up, she saw Michael Gary Scott on the other side of the pool altering the words to Fergie’s song, Fergalicious, to fit Jim’s name and she couldn't help but cringe. “Is it just me, or does he seem to show up everywhere we go?” she asked Jim through clinched teeth.  

“I was hoping it was just a mirage. A really bad mirage,” he said. Michael ran over to where Jim and Pam were sitting and sat down at the edge of their beach chair. He grabbed the sunscreen out of Pam’s hands and squirted a smiley face on his stomach, making squirting noises with his mouth for dramatic effect.  

“So Jimmy Neutron, remember that dream I told you about the day we arrived? The one where you and I were on the pool deck and those girls in skimpy bikinis were checking us out and shoving their boobs in our face? Well, today I think we can make that dream become reality. Pam can be the sexy bikini babe and-” 

“No, Michael,” Pam said. 

“Yeah, sorry Mike, but I don’t really want my girlfriend shoving her breasts in your face.” 

“Aw, Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiim! She’s already wearing the bikini… even though it’s not skimpy… But-” 

“I think I’m going to have to pass, man.” 

Michael started to pout. “Fine. You can just go start your own loser club. Up in loserville. And you can be the president because you’re such a loser and-"

Hey, guys! What are we talking about?”  

Come on. Michael alone is bad enough. Now Dwight is here too? All I wanted was a nice and relaxing day with my girlfriend. Is that too much to ask? Jim thought to himself. 

“Oh my God,” Pam said when she noticed what Dwight was wearing.

“It’s Moby Dwight,” Jim finished. Pam burst into a fit of giggles and Jim soon followed suit. “What exactly are you wearing?” Pam asked in between giggles. 

“It’s my grandfata’s old sailor suit. He was the captain of the ship Edelweiss. 

This only caused Jim and Pam to erupt into more giggles. Along with Dwight’s sailor suit, he was wearing floaties on his wrists and ankles.  

“I don’t get it. What’s so funny? James Halpert and Pamela Beesly, I demand you to tell me what is so funny.” 

“Dwight, just... God... Just go to the other side of the pool. You’re cramping my style.” Michael said. Pam and Jim were laughing so hard that she was having to lean on his chest and clutch onto him to keep from rolling off the chair. He was gripping her, too. 

Dwight saluted and said “Ahoy!” causing Pam and Jim to laugh even more, and made his way to the other side of the pool. 

“Hey, Michael, you know, the breakfast buffet had Cocoa Crispies today,” Pam said once her giggles calmed down.  

“Cocoa Crispies? See ya,” he said before dashing back into the cruise ship. 

“Oh, man, my stomach hurts now,” Pam said. 

“Mine too,” Jim replied as he lay down on the chair. She felt him grab her wrist and gently pull it towards him. She smiled and lay in between his legs, resting her head on his chest.

“Oh my God, look at Dwight,” he said. 

“What is he doing n—” she interrupted herself by throwing a hand over her mouth and falling into a fit of laughter once again. Dwight was bending down next to the two kids who came out to the pool screaming earlier. They were clearly fascinated by his appearance and thought he was a real sailor. Or at least, that’s what it looked like.  

Once their laughter died down (again), Pam reached into her bag and pulled out her book. Jim had his arms wrapped around her torso and she could tell he was reading over her shoulder. Before she knew it, she fell into a little nap... 

***** 

Her eyes fluttered open to the feel of soft, warm lips on her.  

“Well, hello, Sleeping Beauty,” he said with a sweet smile. She sat up and stretched, letting out a little yawn.  “How long was I out?”  

“Only about thirty minutes but I thought I’d wake you up because the sun is starting to get intense.”

Only Jim would do that. Something so small like that m eant a lot to her... He was just so sweet. And of course, he wakes her up with a kiss and calls her Sleeping Beauty. He’s just perfect. 

“And it would really suck if I was red on one side and not the other.” 

“That’s true. Oh, and Holly saved the two spots next to us. And Dwight has been a children’s magnet. And Michael has been a children’s repellant.” 

Pam laughed and stood up. 

“Oh, and apparently Michael hired a photography crew for the cruise that has just now come into existence. He took a picture of you sleeping on me. I think we’ll have to order prints for that one.” She playfully slapped him and giggled.

“What?” he asked. 

Would you like a drink, ma’am?” A poolside waiter holding a tray asked. 

“Actually, a lemonade sounds great right now. You want anything, Jim?”


“I’ll have the same, thank you.” The waiter wrote down their orders and left to retrieve more drink orders. 

“Hey, guys!” Holly’s cheery voice said as she sat down with a handsome man on their chairs.

“This is Ty, my fiance, Ty, this is Jim and Pam, that couple I was telling you about last night.” 

“Oh yeah! It’s nice meeting you guys!” he said as he shook both of their hands. 

“You too,” Jim and Pam replied. 

“Pam works at Dunder Mifflin, as well,” Holly said.

“Oh, Jim does too,” Pam said. 

“Really? That’s so cool!”  

“Yeah, it’s actually how we met,” Jim said as he smiled at Pam. She smiled back. 

“You know, I think I remember you seeing you guys at that part the first night. Did you sing or something?” Ty asked. 

Pam laughed, “Yes, we did. We sang Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart.” 

“No wonder you guys seemed familiar!” Ty said. 

“That’s weird... I don’t remember them,” Holly frowned. 

“That’s because you were pretty tipsy if I remember.” 

“Shut up, Ty.” 

“I love you,” he said. 

“Don’t try and pull that stunt,” Holly replied, mock-serious.  

***** 

They stayed at the poolside until sunset was nearing and Jim reminded Pam of her promise to him that she made the night before. They went back inside, the cold a shock to their bodies that were so used to the insane heat outside, and wrapped themselves in dry towels. In one hour, they had to be back on the pool deck for another company party. 

Pam stepped outside and opened her sketchbook and began to draw. The colors flowed out of her fingertips. She didn’t even notice Jim standing next to her, watching her the whole time. She drew until the sun was completely hidden behind the clouds.  

“That looks really good,” Jim said honestly. He was beaming down at her and she knew it was genuine. She closed the sketchbook and stood up to give him a short and tender kiss.  

“We’d better get ready...” she said as she stepped back into the room. She got dressed into a white sundress that accented all of the right features. She put on a pair of sandals with it and retouched her curls. Jim wore a nice pair of Khaki shorts along with a green polo shirt. Pam loved when he wore polo shirts. They just looked so great on him and she could help but marvel at the way the perfectly gripped his best muscles.  

“You ready?” she asked.  

“Yep,” he replied as they laced fingers and made their way out to the pool deck where the party was being held.  “And hey, I’m still holding you to that midnight swim,” he said. 

“I’m still game.”

They made their way to the buffet first and filled their plates with things such as shrimp and burgers. They found a nice table that overlooked the ocean. The only lights on the pool deck were torches lit and the pool lights. Of course, nobody was in the pool, though. There was soft music playing and the sound of crashing waves made everything feel so relaxing. Pam couldn’t help but love how romantic the atmosphere was.

That was, until he sat down at their table. Yes, it’s pretty obvious who he is. 

“Not. Again,” Pam muttered.  

“How about we just try hard to completely ignore him,” Jim whispered in her ear. “As soon as we’re through eating, we can go and dance and talk with other people.” She smiled and whispered back, “That sounds like a perfect plan.” 

Along with Michael, Dwight came and sat next to them.  “Psst, psst, psst,” Michael mocked Jim and Pam’s whispers. “Oh, Jim, tell me another secret. Oh, Jim! Jim!” he continued in a poor attempt to sound like Pam. Jim nodded his head, sticking to the plan of ignoring Michael, and wrapped his arm around Pam’s shoulders and took a bite of shrimp.

They were totally flabbergasted when they saw who came and sat at their table next. 

“Um... Hi Ryan. Karen,” Pam said, giving them each a nod and a weak smile. It was awkward enough being by her boyfriend’s ex, but it was another thing to be by a guy who asked her on a date in which she turned him down and he was now dating the ex. It was a complicated situation to explain. 

“Hello, Pam,” Karen replied. Jim saw Karen notice his arm around Pam, so she turned completely towards Ryan and gave him a sloppy kiss. Pam snorted as a result of trying to hold in a laugh. Karen turned towards Pam and glared.

“Well, I think I will leave you couples here to have your fun,” Michael said as he grabbed his plate and stood up. “Dwight.”  

“Coming, Michael.” Michael looked at Karen, then Ryan, and then Karen again.

“They should get a room,” he said to himself, quite loudly. 

“Well, technically, they already have one...” Dwight insisted. 

“Shut it, Dwight.” They both left the table and went over to where Andy and Angela were sitting. Karen turned back towards Ryan and kissed him again, this time turning it into a full out make-out session. Jim and Pam looked at each other uncomfortably and continued eating their food. "I think I've lost my appetite," Pam whispered as she picked at her food.

So much for a romantic dinner, thought Pam. As if Jim read her thoughts, he leaned towards her and whispered in her ear once again. "I’ll be sure to make this up to you, somehow.” She smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek. “I love you,” she mouthed, careful not to say it out loud, fully aware of how Karen would react. “You too,” he mouthed back.  They looked back at Karen and Ryan who were still making out. Jim cleared his throat causing them to finally stop their tonsil hockey.  

“I’m sorry, Jim. Was I making you uncomfortable?” Karen asked. 

“No, you were just making out with your boyfriend at a public event when you should just be eating dinner. You can always save that for later, you know,” Jim replied. 

“Wait, are you like, jealous or something?” Karen continued. 

“Nope, not at all. I’m perfectly happy with my current girlfriend because she’s all I ever wanted.” Pam had to fight not to smile, especially once Jim grabbed her hand and gave it a little squeeze. 

“And I’m guessing you’re totally, madly in love, right?” 

“Exactly.” Pam’s smile broke now and she felt the blush rising in her cheeks.

“Well, so are Ryan and I.” 

“We are?” Ryan asked. 

“Yes, Ryan, we are,” Karen said, threateningly.  

“You know, Karen, I’m happy for you. It’s great you finally found a man who really loves you.” 

“You loved me.” 

“Nope, never.” Yes, Jim was aware that he was being maybe a little harsh. But he was just speaking the truth and it was time that Karen really got over him. 

“I cried over you for months.”

 

Call me crazy, but I have this uneasy feeling that Karen is going to lunge over the table and start a girl on girl cat fight with me. That’s what she said? Oh god. I have  been around my boss way too much, Pam thought.

 

“You know, Karen, I think Pam and I are done with dinner,” Jim said as he stood up, still holding onto Pam’s hand.  

 

Yeah. It was nice chatting with you guys,” Pam lied as she and Jim left the table. He placed his hand on the small of her back and they went over to another side of the pool deck.  

 

“Okay, everyone, it’s time to grab the one you love most and take them out to the dance floor,” the DJ said. Lucky by Jason Mraz started playing.

Jim and Pam walked out to dance floor along with many other couples in the company... And Michael and Dwight.  

 

“I love this song!” Pam said with a big smile. “It’s probably my favorite!” 

 

“Since when do you like Jason Mraz?” 

 

“Since forever! How did you not know that?” 

 

“You told me your favorite singers were John Mayer and Jack Johnson.” 

 

“And Jason Mraz. Now you know,” she said with a smirk as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist and he pulled her close. The chorus began playing. 

 

I’m lucky I’m in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we’re in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home some day 

 

“As many times as I’ve listened to this song, I’ve never realized how perfectly these lyrics fit us,” Pam said as she rested her head on his shoulder. She saw Holly and Ty dancing next to them. Holly gave her a wink and Pam smiled at her.

Jim noted that when they got married, because he was sure it was going to happen someday, this would have to be the song played for their first dance as husband and wife. He began to hum along to the music and she could feel the vibrations in his chest. She looked up at him and smiled. 

 

“This is a catchy song,” he said. 

 

“Told ya.” 

 

“You know how some couples have their own ‘song’?” he asked. She nodded.

“Yeah, and they play it at every occasion they can.” She thought back to Roy and how they had one. It was You Were Meant For Me by Jewel. She honestly hated the song, but Roy had a crush on Jewel so he decided that it would be "their song". Pam unwillingly obliged.

 

“Yeah. I say we need one.” 

 

“Totally.” “How about this one?” 

 

“You know what, Jim? I really like you,” she said with a twinkle in her eye. 

 

“You like me?” 

“Excuse me. I love you.” 

 

“There we go,” he said as he bent down and kissed her. They kissed and swayed for the rest of the song. Pam knew that somewhere, Karen was staring daggers at her, but she could care less. The former Stanfordite would never, ever get a second chance with Jim. He belonged fully to Pam and the receptionist was totally up to flaunting it in anyone and everyone’s face.

The song ended and the next song that played was Better Together by Jack Johnson.   

 

“Two of your favorite artists in a row. You are one lucky girl.” She smiled at him again and ran her hands in his hair.

“That I am.” She rested her head back on his chest and he sat his on to p of hers. He ran his hands up and down her back and drew little designs on it. She sighed in contentment. She loved this man all too much and now that she could finally say it, she was never going to stop. 

 

She always saw those married couples that eventually fell out of love. Some even got divorced. And then she saw those elderly couples that were so in love at such an old age. She knew very well that she and Jim would be the couple that was always in love. Each day would be as exciting, if not more so, than their first. 

 

They were both enjoying being in each others arms so much that they didn’t even realize that the camera crew was filming them and the photography group had snapped a lot of pictures of them too. They didn’t even notice the rain that had begun to fall.  

 

“Everybody, we’re so sorry, but this party is going to be cut short tonight. There is a storm brewing and we aren’t allowed to be on deck and another party is going on inside,” the DJ announced. Jim sighed with disappointment as he slowly floated out of his trance. Just then, a loud bang of thunder was heard which was followed by a bright flash of lightening. The cruise hit a big wave. Pam grabbed onto Jim so she wouldn’t fall.  

 

“Let’s get inside!” Jim yelled over the now torrential downpour. He grabbed her hand and they hurried back inside the cruise ship, now drenched wet.

 

“I guess this means no midnight swimming tonight, huh?” Pam asked.

 

“Maybe tomorrow night...” Jim said. Then, the boat hit another large wave. They hurried back up to their room and changed into their pajamas.

 

Jim noticed that Pam looked worried as she joined him on the bed. She also hadn’t said much since they left the party. “Anything wrong?”

 

Pam’s face suddenly turned green. “Jim, I don’t know if I’ve ever told you this... But I get horrible seasickness. Really easily.”   

 

End Notes:
Do you guys know the Golden Rule? Do unto others as they would do unto you? Well do unto me and review. And I'll do unto you and respond. Or review one of your stories. Or both : )
Ten by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews last chapter! You all are so great!
Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest... The whole idea with the picture came from a deleted scene in Goodbye Toby. I watched it over and over because their pose was so cute : ) Hope you still enjoy it!

The boat hit another wave and Pam threw a pillow over her head. “I hate this,” she groaned, her voice muffled.

 

Jim took the pillow away from her head and moved her head so that it was lying in his lap. When the boat came crashing down on another wave, Pam jumped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom. Jim was right behind her. He opened the toilet seat for her and knelt down beside her. While she was puking, he held her hair back and rubbed a comforting hand up and down her back. When she was through, she leaned her head against the bathtub and closed her eyes.

 

“I’m so sorry, Jim.”

 

“What? No, don’t be sorry!” he reassured her as he pulled her into his lap.

 

“You held me while I puked. Accept my apology.”

 

“Nope. Not gonna happen.”

 

“Jim.”

 

“Really, Pam, it’s not a big deal. I’m sure you’d do the same to me if I was sick.”

 

“Yeah I-” another wave caught her in the middle of her sentence and she leaned back over the toilet again, vomiting once more. Jim ran to grab her a bottle of water.

 

“Here, drink this while I run and grab you some ginger ale,” he said. She nodded her head and took a sip while he got a damp washcloth and padded the sweat off of her forehead. He left the room and she closed her eyes, inhaling deeply. A few minutes passed and Jim returned. She luckily hadn’t thrown up again. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Better,” she smiled.

 

“Good,” he said.

 

“I would kiss you right now, but my breath probably reeks,” she said.

 

“There will be time for that later but right now let’s focus on getting you better. Listen, my family and I would always go on cruises and my brother got seasick all the time, so I know a lot of remedies.” He stood up and held his hand out to Pam. He pulled her up but she had trouble keeping her balance, so he reached one hand under her knees and put the other on her back and picked her up.

 

“Jim. You don’t have to carry me. We’re just going into the other room. I could crawl and be fine!”

 

“Tough luck, Beesly,” he said as she laughed. He set her down on the bed and plopped down next to her.

 

“You know, if I feel like I’m going to throw up again, you’re going to have to carry me all the way back in the bathroom.” Jim laughed and went over to his backpack. He came back to the bed carrying a breath mint.

 

“I want you to eat this mint for two reasons. One, because it will help calm your stomach a little, and two, because I really want to kiss you.” He threw it to her and she popped it in her mouth.

 

“Guess what?” she asked when she finished sucking on t he mint.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t feel seasick anymore,” she replied giving him a wink.  He smiled and climbed on top of her and began to kiss her. “If you dare tickle me,” she said in between a kiss, “then I swear to God, I will make you hang out with Michael every hour left of this trip.”

 

Jim laughed and held out his fingers, threatening to tickle her. “Don’t you dare!” Pam said, as she pulled Jim’s head back down and immediately distracted him with another kiss. And another. And another. A kiss on her neck. A kiss on her ear. Kisses down her neck and back to her mouth.

 

Then, there was a knock on the door.

 

“Not now, Michael!” Pam called in between kisses and giggles.

 

“Um... It’s not Michael... It’s Toby.”

 

“Oh...” she mumbled as she looked at Jim apologetically. “Just a second!” she called as she ran to the closet and grabbed a change of clothes, motioning for Jim to do the same. They quickly changed and she ran to open the door.

 

“I’m sorry, is this a bad time?” Toby asked as he noticed Pam’s messy hair and her lightly swollen lips.

 

“No, not at all!” she lied as she moved aside to let him in. “What’s up?”

 

“Well, I was just walking around the boat and saw I was near you room so I thought I’d stop by,” he said looking at his feet.

 

“Wait, how did you get our room number?” Jim asked.

 

“Oh... um... Michael wanted me to take pictures for a collage, so he gave me your room number.” he said, sounding a little suspicious.  “Would you mind if I took a picture-”

 

“Sure!” Jim said as he moved up behind Pam and wrapped his arms around her from her back and nestled his head next to hers. She held onto his arms and they both smiled as Toby quickly took the picture. “Can you send us a copy of that?” Pam asked.

 

“Yeah... Sure... Um... Hey, Jim, could you take one of just me and Pam?” Toby asked.

 

“Yeah, sure,” he replied as he took the camera from Toby. Toby tried to copy the pose Jim did to Pam but of course, it was obviously more awkward. Pam’s hands were hanging limply in front of her and she only smirked. Jim raised his eyebrows and snapped the picture. Toby gave Pam a quick kiss on the cheek when Jim handed the camera back to him. She took a step away from him and frowned. Jim just stared at him. The silence was becoming very uncomfortable.

 

“I’m... sorry,” Toby apologized.

 

“It was... um, nice talking to you Toby,” Pam said as she hastily led him to the door. “Um, take more pictures for the collage,” she said, trying to sound enthusiastic as she closed the door behind him.

 

“That was... so awkward,” she said.

 

“I’m beginning to believe that Toby has a little crush on Ms. Pam Beesly, here.”

 

“You think?” Jim chuckled. “That was the kind of ill at ease kiss my grandma used to give me,” she continued as she crawled into the bed covers. He slid in right next to her.

 

“If he lays one more finger on you, then I will seriously have to beat him up.”

 

“Aww, my boyfriend is so protective of me. I love it,” she said as she drew a finger down his chest. He took her hand in his and she snuggled closer. “Just a tiny thought of losing you makes me feel sick,” he said, seriously.

 

“You don’t ever have to worry for even a second about losing me because I never plan on leaving you.” He smiled and gave her a tender kiss.

 

“Speaking of feeling sick, how’s your stomach now?”

 

“It’s a lot better. Actually, it doesn’t hurt at all. Love is the perfect remedy for everything,” she said with a smile.

 

“You’re exactly right. And God, do I love you.”

 

“Back at cha, babe.”

 

“Did you just call me babe?”

 

“Wow... I think I just did.”

 

“Hm... it actually sounded pretty cute. And I’m not the kind of guy big on pet names or anything.”

 

“Maybe I should start using it more often.”

 

“Maybe you should. Babe.” She giggled and wrapped her arm around his stomach.

 

Jim stifled a yawn. It was fairly late and they were stopping in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas the next morning.

 

“Okay, since I found out two secrets from you today, I think it’s only fair that I tell you one of my own. God, this is so embarrassing...” Jim said, wincing at the memory. “First off, you can’t laugh. I haven’t told anyone this. The only people that know are the people who were there for this particular event.”

 

“Stop stalling, Halpert, and tell me your secret.”

 

“Fine. When I was in high school, everyone was making clubs. If you had a club and a lot of people joined, then you were instantly popular. Well, I was obsessed with Indiana Jones and I thought it would be ‘so cool’ if I made a club for it. As it turns out, the only person that joined was the biggest dork at my school and a teacher. I didn’t even know teachers could join clubs, but apparently at my school, they can. I was the laughing stock of my grade and my brother still doesn’t let me live it down. I had to threaten to shave his leg hair if he told anyone.”

 

Pam bit her bottom lip, trying to hold in the laughter that was bubbling in her throat. “You said you wouldn’t laugh,” Jim said, “And I know you want to.” She nodded her head. “Okay, fine, laugh, whatever. But you have to promise me that you won’t tell a soul.” She snuggled her head into his arm and started giggling uncontrollably. But to Jim, her giggles were contagious, so he couldn’t help but chuckle as well.

 

“Are you finished yet?” he asked after a few minutes of laughter.

 

“Wait, almost...” she said as she let out one more giggle. “Okay, now I’m satisfied.”

 

“That’s what she said.”

 

“Oh, don’t even!” For the next little bit of time, they whispered about everything and nothing. They whispered sweet nothings to each other and shared little kisses. Their yawns started to take over and it was becoming a struggle to keep their eyes open.

 

“Goodnight, babe,” Jim whispered.

 

“Pleasant dreams, babe.”

End Notes:
Reviews are like Michael and Dwight trying to burn Utica to the ground. Or like Michael sticking his face in concrete. Indescribably awesome. They are the perfect remedy for seasickness, as well : )
Eleven by flonkertonxx
Author's Notes:
This is part one of Jim and Pam's day in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. Thanks a million to Malcom Lake. He should seriously beta everyone.

“I don’t understand how you can stand cinnamon flavored toothpaste, Jim. It’s disgusting.”

 

“And this is coming from a girl who claims oatmeal is a real food.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“I do!”

 

“How come I find that hard to believe?”

 

“Don’t ask me.”

 

“You know, hate is a very strong word.”

 

“Fine. I dislike you intensely.”

 

“No, you don’t. You love me. Ju st admit it.”

 

“Nope. Not gonna happen.”

 

“Say it.”

 

“I refuse.”

 

“Well then, I hate you too.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Now you know how it feels.”

 

“Okay, fine. I love you.”

 

“Too late. My heart is bruised forever. Happy now?”

 

“You’re such a bad actor, Halpert. I see that smile. You can’t hide it from me.”

 

Jim and Pam were getting ready for the arrival in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. After Pam got over her seasickness, they had enjoyed a peaceful night's sleep. There also wasn’t a rude interruption including an air horn. They awoke tangled in each other completely and felt more relaxed than they had in such a long time.

 

Once they got dressed, they went downstairs for breakfast and finished just as the boat docked. They made their way outside and onto the flat and steady ground, their legs a little wobbly due to the fact that they had been on a cruise for the past day. The sun was beating down and the sky was cloudless.

 

“Okay, Beesly, it’s only ten o’ clock. We have to be back at six, so we have plenty of time to hang out. Any ideas on what to do?”

 

“Actually, I do have a few. I was talking to Holly yesterday and she said that she has been here before. She told me how to get to a beach where there are hardly any people. What do you say?”

 

“Lead the way,” he said, smiling. She reached for his hand and they started walking. The city didn’t really have a beach surrounding it but instead, the water went up to either boat docks, a road, or a boardwalk. There were rocks jutting out into the ocean on one side of the main part of town.

 

“She said that it was on the other side of those rocks...” Pam said, with a little timidity in her voice as she looked at the tall boulders. Jim gave her hand a gentle squeeze before letting go. “We can do this,” he said with confidence.

 

“I trust you,” she replied with a small smile. He climbed over the first one with ease. “Here, I’ll help you up,” he said as he offered her his hand. She took it and he pulled her up. He stepped onto the next one and still managed to hold onto her hand. “Careful, this one is a little slick,” he said. She carefully stepped onto the other one, but she lost her footing for a minute and almost fell.

 

“Whoa, you okay?” he asked as he helped hold her up.

 

God, he is so sweet. Just look at him... Why did I get to be so lucky? Pam thought to herself.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” The slowly finished their way across the rocks managing not to slip. When they stepped onto the sand, they couldn’t help but drop their jaws at how beautiful the beach was. A few people were lying on beach towels and two little girls were trying to build a sand castle. Overall, it was quiet and peaceful. Best of all, there was no sign of Michael.

 

“I haven’t built a sand castle in so long!” Pam said when she noticed the little girls.

 

“Then let’s build one,” Jim suggested.

 

“But we don’t have any of the tools.”

 

“So what? We can improvise,” he said as he knelt down on the sand with his mind already made up as he started piling sand together in a mound. Pam knelt next to him and started helping him. He stopped for a second and looked around the beach until he saw a toy bucket lying abandoned in the sand near the rocks. He stood up and went to retrieve it.

 

“See? I told you we could do this,” he said as he got back on the sand.

 

“You’re such a dork,” she said with a smile and a nudge.

 

“Oh, really? I’m the dork? You’re the one who suggested we do this, so I wouldn’t be talking.” Pam couldn’t say anything back because he was completely right. She filled the bucket with sand and went over to the ocean where she filled it with water.  She flipped over the bucket on top of the mound. “You keep working on this while I go look f or seashells,” she said.

 

“Why seashells?” he asked.

 

“Because they are going to be decoration,” she replied as if everyone knew that. She walked around picking up every interesting shell she saw and attempted to hold them all in her arms, although many fell to the ground. When she sat back down next to Jim and dropped the shells on the sand, she couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“It looks awesome, Jim.”

 

“Well, I am the artist in this couple, so...” he said with a wink. She rolled her eyes.  “Ok, so it’s pretty pitiful...” he said with a chuckle. She started sticking the sea shells and even some little pieces of coral she found on the heap of sand they were calling a sand castle.

 

“And now, the finishing touch,” she said as she stuck a stick at the very top of the castle. “And our masterpiece is complete.”

 

“We should name it,” he said.

 

“How about... The Castle of Difflin.”

 

“Difflin?”

 

“Dunder and Mifflin merged together.”

 

“Right.”

 

She pulled the stick out of the castle and started writing the name in the sand near the castle. She stuck it back in and wiped the sand off of her hands as she stood and examined it.

 

“I think we need a picture,” she said. He reached in her beach bag and grabbed her camera.

 

“I’ll take it!” A woman who was walking past them said. One of the little girls that the saw earlier was holding her hand while the other was a ways in front of her, picking up seashells.

 

“Well, thank you!” Pam said and she started explaining how to work the camera to the stranger. Jim stood up and walked behind the castle. Pam made her way next to him and wrapped her arm around him and he did the same to her. Their knees and calf’s were covered with sand. He gave a thumbs up to the camera which caused her to laugh as the woman snapped the picture.

 

“It’s really cute,” the woman said. “You guys are really cute together.”

 

Pam blushed and smiled up at Jim. “We try,” he teased as he pressed his forehead against hers as she giggled.

 

“Mommy, mommy!” the little girl who was collecting seashells called as she ran up to the woman. “Look what I found!” She proudly held out her hand where a piece of sea glass was laying. The woman bent down next to her and smiled. “Good job, Joanie!” Pam couldn’t help but smile at them.

 

“Whoa, look at all those seashells,” Joanie said, pointing to the sand castle in awe. Pam couldn’t help but marvel at how precious the little girl was. She had a little lisp and had the brightest blue eyes she’d ever seen. The other little girl was still holding onto her mom’s hand.

 

“Do you want to look at them?” Pam asked. Joanie vigorously nodded her head and walked to the castle. “This is one of my favorites,” she said as she handed the precious little girl a perfect light pink shell.=2 0She took it off of the sand castle and handed it to her.

 

“It’s really pretty,” Joanie said as she stared down at it and held it in her open palm as if it was a breakable piece of Venetian glass.

 

“You can keep it if you want,” Pam said with a warm smile. She was bent down to the girl’s level. “Wow,” she replied. “Thank you very, very much.”

 

The other little girl who hadn’t spoken yet slowly walked up to Pam and nervously asked with a little stutter, “Can I have one, too?” This little girl had bright green eyes but otherwise looked the same as the other. They were probably twins, she thought.

 

“Of course!” Pam replied as she picked a small sand dollar off of the castle. She set it in the girls open palm. “Now take extra care of this shell. They are very hard to find and are special,” she said as she closed the girl’s hand over the shell.

 

“I cross my heart and hope to die,” she replied as he gave Pam a hug. “Thank you very, very much.”

 

“Mommy, mommy! This lady gave me a shell! Look!” Joanie said as she ran back to her mom who was smiling at Pam.

 

“Look at mine, mommy!” the other girl said following Joanie. The mother mouthed a thank you and Pam gave a little wave before the family walked back to their towels. Pam looked up at Jim. He was beaming at her. She stood up and couldn’t help but smile herself.

 

“I thought you said that kids always hated you,” he said. “But I think you’re great with them. Those girls looked at you as if you were a princess or something!”

 

“I always thought that kids were scared of me! But I don’t know... There was just something about those girls that just made me feel sentimental.”

 

“You’re going to be a great mom someday.” Her heart skipped a beat as she reached for his hand and gave it a squeeze. When she thought of her kids, she thought of Jim being their dad. She just had this feeling that he really would be the father of her kids. Actually, deep down, she was positive that that was=2 0true.

 

“And you’re going to be a great dad,” she replied giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

 

 

*****

 

For the next two hours, Jim and Pam switched from swimming in the ocean to relaxing on the beach.

 

“You know, when I was a teenager, my dad taught me how to sail a sailboat,” Jim said as they were lying together on a beach towel.

 

“What are you implying?”

 

“Well, I saw as we were walking down here that you could rent one out. I was thinking that we could pack some lunch and we could go for a sail around the island.”

 

“Let’s do it!” she said excitedly as she jumped up and grabbed his hand, trying to pull him up.

 

They packed up their beach tote, said good-bye to their sandcastle, and started back over to the rocks. Pam stopped walking and took one last20look at the two little girls who were kicking the sand and jumping up and down, their little shrieks and laughter audible from where Jim and Pam were standing. The girl who gave her a hug turned and waved to Pam with a big smile on her face. She saw that her hand was still clutched tightly and she knew that the little sand dollar she gave her was what she was holding.

 

Pam felt a hand on her back. She turned and saw Jim smiling at the girls, too.

 

“Maybe we will have kids like that someday,” he said. Pam felt the butterflies in her stomach start to take flight. This time, they were fluttering their wings one hundred miles per hour. She turned to look at him and smiled brightly and kissed him without notice.

 

“Maybe so,” she said dreamily. 

 

End Notes:
One review last chapter? Well, maybe this chapter will get better response : )
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3353