Rollercoaster ride by Steph89xxx
Summary: A story about the rollercoaster ride Jim and Pam journey on. Set at the start of season 5
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Ensemble, Jim/Pam
Genres: Drama, Pregnancy/Babies, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Other Adult Theme, Violence/Injury
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 5061 Read: 11189 Published: February 03, 2012 Updated: February 10, 2012
Story Notes:
This is my first fanfic, no be kind

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Steph89xxx

2. Chapter 2 by Steph89xxx

3. Chapter 3 by Steph89xxx

4. Chapter 4 by Steph89xxx

5. Chapter 5 by Steph89xxx

6. Chapter 6 by Steph89xxx

Chapter 1 by Steph89xxx
Author's Notes:
First couple of chapters with be short, but I promise the story will be long
‘I just miss you so much, I want to snap my fingers and be there with you.’

Pam was sitting on her bed in her dorm, talking with Jim and packing an overnight bag.

‘I know babe, I miss you too, but just think when you get here tonight we get to spend the whole night together. I have the night all planned out; I really think you’ll be impressed.’

Jim was still at work, sitting in the break room.

‘Well it better not be like last time when I hit my head on the doorway, while you were carrying me onto the bed and you also knocking the champagne bottle over and it going all over my new dress.’

‘Jeez Beesly, you will never let me forget that will you?’

‘Nope!’ Pam started to giggle.

‘What time are you aiming to get here?’

‘I have to run to the store before I leave, so maybe 7ish’

‘Pam, why do you need to go to the store? I have it all under control and don’t worry I have protection, Not like last time when I forgot!’

‘Yeah, I remember that’ Pam laughed nervously

‘I just want to pick up something for the ride that’s all’.

‘Oh cool, so I’m going to ask Michael to get off early, so I can go setup back at my place and pick up a few things. Hey! Now that we’re engaged when you come back from New York we can move in together!’

(Jim was secretly in the process of buying his parents old house)

‘Have fun with that, hope Dwight doesn’t try and stop you (Jim groaned into the phone) *sigh* I can’t wait to be back home after my classes have finished, just you, me and…… (Pam began to trail off, but started up again) and in our own place.’

‘Well I better go. Drive safely, love you and miss ya lots’

‘Love you too; see you in a couple of hours.’
Chapter 2 by Steph89xxx
Author's Notes:
This is another short one.

This chapter is from Jim's point of view, next chapter will be Pam's
Jim:
Jim hangs up the phone and looked at the time’10 past four’ maybe Michael will let him go home early.

Jim walked out of the break room and to his desk.

‘And what have you been doing for (Dwight looks at watch) 7 minutes and 18 seconds of company time?’

‘I was in the bathroom, not feeling too good.’ He lied

‘Well I never saw you leave or enter the bathroom, so I’m telling Michael that you were misusing company time for your own personal crap or whatever’

Michael walks out of his office and making his way to the kitchen.

‘Michael!’

‘What Dwight?’

‘Jim was lying about being sick to get out of doing work’

‘Dwight I was not, I really am not feeling well.’

(Michael feels the top of Jims head) ‘Well you don’t feel sick?’

‘It’s in my stomach Michael, maybe its stomach flu?’

‘Ewww yuck, get out of here I’m sure we don’t all want your disgusting stomach flu, leave now’ Michael was pointing to the door.

‘No, he’s lying, don’t let him leave this is unacceptable’

‘Let it go Dwight, no one cares!’ Michael turned around and kept walking towards the kitchen.

Jim picked up his bag ‘Bye Dwight See you tomorrow’ still acting sick, he waved Dwight goodbye and walked out the door.

Jim made a stop on the way home. He got Pam’s favourite champagne, a bouquet of red roses and a strawberry cheesecake from the bakery Pam likes.
Jim did think that he might have gone a bit overboard, but he didn’t care. This night would be the first time they had seen each other in two weeks and the last time for another two. The next time he would see her, would be when her program finished.

He got home a little after five and decided to start on dinner and decorate his room. Candles and rose petals all over the room. It was perfect.

Jim had completely lost track of time, he was still in the kitchen finishing off the final touches on his home-cooked meal and it was already 20 past seven.
‘Wow, Pam must be stuck in some bad traffic’ Jim said aloud to himself. He took off his apron to reveal a black tuxedo and raced into the bedroom. He held a single rose in his hand and waited for Pam to walk through the door and completely burst into laughter at how overboard Jim has gotten.
He waited and waited and waited....
Jim was bouncing his leg up and down because Pam was late and she’s not normally this late. It’s already five past eight and he had already called Pam about 6 times with no answer.
Bad traffic he kept saying to himself, or she can’t answer her phone because she’s still driving.

As soon as the phone began to ring he rushed over to pick it up (thinking it was Pam on the other line).

‘Hey sweety, where are you, I’m going crazy waiting for you.’ Jim had a huge smile across his face, but that soon faded.
By the time the rose from his hand dropped to the ground, he was already out the front door.
Chapter 3 by Steph89xxx
Author's Notes:
So this chapter starts from Pam perspective. This chapter is alot longer than the first two. I really liked writing this chapter.
Pam:

‘Well I better go. Drive safely, love you and miss ya lots’

‘Love you too; see you in a couple of hours.’

Pam closed her phone and kept packing her overnight bag. She stopped and picked up the pregnancy test she used earlier that was sitting on her bed side table.

‘Positive’

She had the symptoms of being pregnant, one week late, fatigue and sick every morning, but she didn’t think of it as being pregnant, just the late nights and not so healthy food eating caught up with her.

Until it clicked that she and Jim forgot to get protection that one time three weeks ago and maybe she might be pregnant. She quickly went down to the local store, but only bought one.

Ten minutes later she was in her bathroom starring down at the positive test sitting in front of her.

She wanted to call Jim up straight away and tell him the wonderful news, but just in case it was a false test, she would go to the store later, try again and if it was positive tell Jim that night.
It would be perfect she thought.

Pam put the first test in a zip lock bag and placed in her handbag (just in case)

She zipped up the overnight bag, grabbed her keys and handbag and got in her car. She made her way down to the mall as it had pharmacy and a toilet.

‘Positive’

She threw that test in the bin as it had done its duty and hit the road again. Pam couldn’t stop smiling; she was going to have a baby, with Jim too. This day couldn’t be any more perfect.

Pam arrived in Scranton a little earlier than she inspected, maybe she’ll surprise Jim and still find him cooking in the kitchen.

Pam stopped at a red light at a very busy intersection; she wondered why so many people were on the road tonight.

Pam put her head on the head rest and her hand on her stomach, she kept thinking on how she’ll tell Jim, as soon as she arrives or later in the evening, maybe even spontaneously.

Suddenly Pam was jolted forward, she hit her head on the side window and then everything went black.


Jim rushed through the doors of Moses Taylor Hospital and went straight up to reception.

‘Can I help you’ the nurse asked Jim

‘Yeah, um my fiancé was brought here after she was in a car accident, where is she, can I see her, will she be okay?’
Jim was so short of breath he felt like he was about to faint.

‘Yes and what is her name?’

‘Beesly, Pam Beesly’

‘Okay sir, if you can sit over there in the waiting room, I will have a doctor come out to talk with you’

‘Please can you just tell me if she’s okay or not?’

‘I’m sorry sir, I am not allowed to do that and I’ll bring out a doctor to see you’

The nurse took Jim over to a seat and told him she’ll be back soon with Pam’s doctor. But Jim didn’t really want to sit; he just wanted to make sure that Pam was alright.

The nurse was back with a middle aged male Doctor, as he started to approach Jim his heart started to race, he couldn’t bear to lose Pam, not now, not after they just got engaged, about to start their lives together.

‘Mr Halpert is it? I’m Doctor Percy, Pam’s Doctor this evening’

‘Yes, Jim that’s me, is Pam alright? Please tell me she’s okay’

‘Well Mr Halpert considering Pam was hit by two moving vehicles, she hasn’t suffered to badly and I think her car got most of the damage. Now she had internal bleeding in her spleen, but she is in surgery as we speak getting that fixed and it’s a pretty successful procedure, so don’t worry too much.
She also had a couple of broken ribs which were putting alot of pressure on her lungs, but that’s all fix up now too and she’ll need some stitches for her head wound.’

‘Oh thank you so much’ Jim give Dr Percy a light hug

‘Oh and also, I am so sorry but because the foetus was so young and small, it did receive alot of impact from the crash and Pam did have a miscarriage, I am truly so sorry.

Pam was pregnant? Jim couldn’t believe this, why didn’t she tell him? Did she even know?

‘Um how old was the umm, foetus thing?’ Jim ask one of the many questions running through his head

‘Well it says on my chart that it was around three weeks old, again I’m truly sorry.’

‘Thanks, um when will Pam be out of surgery?’

‘Actually, she should be out now, I can take you to her room if you like to wait for her there?’

‘Oh yes please’ the doctor lead Jim to Pam’s room.

She was already there, but she was still unconscious from the surgery
Jim went in and pulled a chair up next to Pam and held her hand all night.



In the Morning:

Pam had just had a nice and very long sleep and was starting to wake up. She opened her eyes and started to freak out; she sat up slowly feeling a great deal of pain coming from her lower abdomen and chest area then she saw Jim’s head resting near her legs fast asleep.

‘Jim!’ Pam nudged Jim, but still no response. ‘JIM!’

‘What? Who’s that? I’m awake!’ Jim rubbed the sleep out of his eyes

‘How are you feeling babe?’ Jim asked Pam

Pam got a real good look at Jim now and her first question was:
‘Why are you wearing a tuxedo to a hospital?’

‘Oh! This, yeah well I was wearing this for last night and I had no time to change. So are you sore at all?’

‘Yeah a little, was I in an accident? All I can remember is sitting at a red light, them being pushed forward and hitting my head.’

‘Yeah the police are still figuring out what happen, but from what the doctor said you were hit my two moving cars.’

‘Wow and so what are my injuries?’ Pam asked

‘Well you had some surgery for internal bleeding in the spleen, broken ribs and stitches.’ Jim left out the part about the miscarriage

‘Oh good’ Pam was so relieved, then she remembered the good news from yesterday

‘Jim, I have something to tell you! (Pam started getting really excited, but Jim knew it was that she thought she was pregnant.) Okay so yesterday’ but Jim interrupted

‘Pam wait. *sigh* There is something else, (Jim paused for a sec) you also had a miscarriage, babe I’m so sorry. The impact from the crash was too much for it, I’m sorry.’

Tears started forming in Pam’s eye

‘Hey, hey, hey it’s okay’ Jim sat up on Pam’s bed and held her in his arms.

She started crying onto Jim’s shoulder.

‘I’m so sorry Jim, when I found out yesterday I wanted to surprise you, make it special. I’m so sorry, I’ve let you down.’

‘Pam, you have not let me down, this wasn’t your fault and I understand you wanting it to be a surprise. I love you, never ever forget that. Okay? You could never let me down.’

Pam nodded while still crying.


Pam had fallen asleep again and Jim found this to be he’s opportunity to call work and tell them he won’t be in for a couple of days and Pam’s school to tell them what has happened. Jim gently put down Pam off his shoulder onto a pillow and left the room.

Dwight did not like the fact that Jim won’t be coming in, but when Jim explained what had happened and the current state of Pam’s condition, he finally gave in (not that he had any input in the first place). Pam’s school were also very understanding of her situation.


When Jim came back up to Pam’s room with a sandwich and juice from the cafe down stairs he noticed she had her hand resting on her stomach in a protective-motherly way. This made Jim’s heart ache.
Chapter 4 by Steph89xxx
Wednesday:

Pam was released from hospital a week later and told to take it easy for awhile. This meant she wasn’t able to go back to New York and finish her program, which did make her sad, but there wasn’t a point going back for a week and being in pain the whole time.

Jim took Pam back to his house, just until she was fully recovered.

He put Pam’s bags down on his bed and started to unpack for her.
The police had found the bags Pam was travelling with and gave them back to her while she was still in hospital.

Pam was leaning on the doorway of his room and admiring how sexy he was unpacking her lingerie.

‘Hey Jim, can you get me my phone please? I want to ask Mitchell from one of my classes if I missed anything good.’

‘Yeah sure babe, where is it?’

‘Umm, in my handbag I think’

Pam had completely forgotten about the pregnancy test that was in her bag.

Jim opened her bag, he started looking through it for her phone, but instead he came across something different.

‘What’s wrong babe?’ Pam questioned Jim

At that moment Pam realised why Jim looked like he’s heart had just shattered.

‘Oh yeah, well I was going to show you that last week, sorry.’

Pam went over and took it out of Jim’s hand and through it in the bin.

Jim was actually amazed at how well Pam was handling this. She had been on the phone to Mitchell for half an hour and didn’t seem sad at all. Jim didn’t even know it existed and he still is a little sad about it.



Saturday:

Jim was sitting at the kitchen table off at another universe when Pam walked in.

‘So what’s for dinner? Do you want me to make it or you?’

‘Oh, um yeah I can make it, don’t worry’ Jim replied

‘Okay cool, hey (Pam sat down next to Jim) I was thinking about going back to work on Monday, let Ryan have a break from answering phones, what do ya think?’

‘You should really stay home and rest, the doctor told you to take a couple of weeks off to recover.’

‘*sigh* Jim I’m just going to go crazy sitting around here all day and it’s not like sitting down and answering phones is really going strain my recovery.’

Jim stood up from his seat.

‘How can you be dealing so well with this Pam? I mean you lost a baby, a baby! You know you’re allowed to be sad about it!’

Jim was angry at how well Pam had totally forgotten about having a miscarriage.

Now Pam stood up

‘I don’t want to talk about this; I’m going to call Michael to tell him I'm coming back on Monday.’

Pam started to leave the room but Jim wasn’t finished.

‘No Pam, we are going to talk about it. How can you be okay? Some women take months to get over something like this, but not you! You threw away that pregnancy test so fast with absolutely no emotion! And now you want to go back to work. Seriously what is wrong with you?!’

Jim couldn’t believe he just yelled at Pam like that, he had never gotten so worked up about something like this before.

Pam was stunned too. Tears formed in her eyes and the anger just bled right out of her. Now it was her time to yell.

‘I’m not okay with it. Every day when you left for work at the hospital and here I have immediately burst into tears and I don’t stop until the minute you get come back to me. I loved this baby with all my heart and to be honest I don’t want to try for another baby or even have one because that baby was mine, it was mine and that stupid drunk driver who hit me, took it away. I try to be strong around you because I don’t want you to see me get all depressed over a 3 week old foetus and the explanation on why I want to go back to work is I want a reason to stop crying and just get over the stupid and unfair depressed state I’m in. So there, that is what is wrong with me.’

Jim felt so terrible that he yelled at Pam for just trying to be strong, he got up and tried to give her a hug but she pulled away.

‘No, don’t try and hug me. I’m going back to my place and you better not follow me. I don’t want to see you anymore.’

Pam grabbed her handbag and started to walk out the front door.

‘Wait! No Pam, please don’t leave. I love you so much and I can’t believe I even yelled at you, I seriously didn’t mean anything that I said before. Please don’t leave.’

Pam’s was out the door, but because she didn’t have a car to drive home with she called cab.

‘Keep the change’ Pam handed the cab driver a 50 dollar note, even though it was a little generous she didn’t have anything else.

She let herself inside and immediately burst into tears. Got into bed and cried herself to sleep.
Chapter 5 by Steph89xxx
Monday:

Jim tried to call Pam but she wouldn’t answer his calls or texts.

He got ready for work on the off chance that Pam did too. When he arrived at work there were streamers, balloons and a huge banner saying ‘Welcome Back Pam!’ Michael ran out of his office thinking it was Pam.

‘Oh Pam, I missed you so mu-. Then he realised it was Jim

‘Oh hey Jim, did you hear Pam is coming back today, well of course you know, you’re her fiancé!’

‘Listen Michael, I don’t think she wi-‘
‘Paaaammmm!’

Michael interrupted because he saw Pam walk through the door.
She was in her running clothes and was sweaty all over.

‘Thank god your back Pam.’

‘Wow Michael, this is, wow.’

Pam was looking at the over the top decorated office.

Everyone started to crowd around Pam and Michael, welcoming her back.

‘Do you like? Decorated it myself, Angela was doing a crappy job as the head of your welcome back party.’

‘Hey!’ Angela interjected

‘So how was New York? Jim told us about your accident, are you all better now?’ Phyllis ask

‘Good, New York was good. I actually went back yesterday to get all my stuff.’

Pam replied, not wanting to talk about the accident

‘How did you get there? You have no car?’ Jim asked making Pam a little surprised

‘My mum drove me’ not wanting to talk with him she made a short and quick answer.

‘Why are you so sweaty? Kevin asked

“I ran here Kevin and if you don’t mind I’m going to get changed in the bathroom before I start work.’

Pam took her backpack off and walked straight past Jim without making any eye contact with him and people noticed.



Jim was waiting outside the woman’s bathroom for Pam. Pam opened the door and saw Jim, but it was too late to turn back.

‘Why did you run here? You know you’re supposed to be resting.’ Jim asked

‘Well if you must know, I was running to release anger, just get out of my way Jim.’

Pam tried to get past Jim but he stopped her.

‘Pam I just care about you and don’t want to see you hurt plea-(Jim looked down at Pam’s hand and saw she didn’t have her engagement ring on) Why don’t you have your ring on Pam?’

‘Look Jim, let’s just try to civil in the workplace, I don’t want any drama. No can you please let me get back to my desk.’

Jim stepped out of the way, how could he have blown up this wonderful relationship he had with Pam. He loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, but she didn’t.

Jim went back to his desk and begged he could make it through the day.

At 5 o’clock Pam had already changed back into her running clothes and left. Jim didn’t want to leave, he hated going home to an empty house and now that he and Pam had broken up, he really dreaded going home.
Michael stayed late too, if Holly was still in the office, so was he.
Holly left at six and Michael soon followed.

He saw Jim still at his desk and went up to him.

‘Jimbo, why are you still here? Pam left an hour ago?’

‘Paperwork I have to finish.’ He lied

‘Is something up with you and Pam? You guys didn’t seem so friendly today?’

‘Well no, not really. Well we kinda had a fight that’s all’

Michael was the last person he wanted to talk to about this.

‘It must have been a pretty big fight, I noticed she didn’t have her ring on. Did she lose it? Is that why you’re fighting?’

‘No Michael. Can we stop talking about this?’

‘Jim you know you can talk to me about this. I love you and Pam and I especially love it when you’re together, it’s like a mega sandwich!’

‘Thanks Michael’

Jim still had his head down

Michael grabbed Dwight’s chair and sat next to Jim.

‘Jim talk, let me help you.’

‘Okay well don’t tell anyone this, please swear on it.’

‘Swear on it, stick a needle in my eye.’

‘Pam was pregnant before her accident.’

‘OMG Jimmy, you’re going to be a daddy!’

‘No Michael, was, Pam was pregnant. She had a miscarriage in the car accident.’

‘Oh man I’m so sorry.’

Michael patted Jim on the back

‘When I took her home I felt like she had completely forgotten that she had a miscarriage and I questioned her on it and we got in a stupid fight, a pretty big one too. So she kind of left me.’

‘Jim I’m going to tell you something and I never, ever want to repeat myself again. Do you remember the conversation we had on the booze cruise a couple of years ago?’

‘Yeah, a little’

‘Never, ever give up and from what I’m listening to now, you are giving up and from a stupid fight. Now get your big hairy butt off this chair and go get your girl.’

‘Thanks Michael’

‘Now Jim, before you lose her for good!’
Chapter 6 by Steph89xxx
Jim took Michael’s advice and was driving to Pam’s place to tell her all the reasons why he wasn’t going to give up on their relationship.

He reached Pam’s house and ran to the front door, he knew she was home because her runners were at the door. He rang the doorbell and called out her name

‘Pam! Open up please I need to talk with you’.

He knew she didn’t want to let him in but he had been at the door for 10 minutes and she didn’t even tell him to go away.

‘Pam, honey I know you don’t want to see me or talk to me, but I love you and you love me and we can’t let a stupid fight keep us apart. What I said to you was wrong and I know that now, so please let me inside?’ Jim called out hoping Pam heard.

He noticed she hadn’t pulled the blinds at the living room window so he went over to see if he could see her.

Jim looked in and saw Pam passed out on the floor with blood at her wound where she had surgery.
Jim started to freak out, he didn’t know what to do.
He remembered he still had a spare key for her place in his car. Jim got the key but was shacking too much and couldn’t get the key in the door. When he finally was in the house he picked up the phone and rushed to Pam’s side.
He dialled 911

‘Pam can you hear me? Please be okay. (Phone picks up) Hi yes I need an ambulance, my fiancé she’s passed out and there is alot of blood from the wound of a surgery she had last week on her spleen. Yes 52 Olive Street. Okay thank you.’

Jim hanged up the phone and started to stroke Pam’s head.

The paramedics arrived 10 minutes later and Pam had lost alot of blood.

When they asked how the wound started bleeding again he said that she had been doing a bit of running but he wasn’t entirely sure.

Jim took his own car to the hospital and made it there just after the Paramedics did.

Pam didn’t go back into surgery. The doctor told Jim that it might be too risky to take Pam into surgery so they are going to simply monitor her to make sure the bleeding stops by itself and to allow the spleen to heal on its own.

The Doctor allowed Jim to go see her but not get out of bed.

It was like Jim was having a total déjà vu, but this time Pam was awake when he entered her room.
Jim pulled up a chair next to her and held her hand and Pam didn’t stop him.

‘Thank you, if you didn’t find me I could be dead.’ Pam said softly

‘Don’t worry, I’m just so glad that you’re okay.’

‘I’m sorry, I over reacted. I shouldn’t have left you and I know you were just concerned about me. Do you think we could start over?’ Pam asked

‘Pam you shouldn’t be apologizing. I am the one that made the mistake, not you, I want to start over again and spend the rest of my life with you. I don’t care if we have kids. I just want you.’

‘I love you’

‘I love you too’. Jim lent in and gave Pam a passionate Kiss.

Pam was told to stay in hospital for 14 days while her spleen is repairing itself. Total bed rest she was told, and she was going crazy.

Pam and Jim also decided for her to seek help about the miscarriage and the hospitals therapist had been coming to see Pam everyday to help her through it.

The office came to visit one day and Pam admitted it was her favourite because she actually had something to do. Most of them bought gifts for her, Michael got her a life size teddy bear with a camera fixed in the eye so just in case she passes out again he can see it on his TV and rescue her, although Jim assured Michael that won’t be necessary and he’ll probably take out the camera himself. Everyone stayed for a couple of hours including Angela and Dwight which surprised Pam a little, but she could kin of tell the didn’t want to be there and Michael made them.

Pam didn’t know but Jim had secretly been buying his old childhood home from his parents for Jim and Pam to live in.

On the day Pam was discharged from hospital Jim asked if they could make a quick stop before heading to his place.

‘Jim why are we at your parents house?’

Jim helped Pam out of the passenger seat.

‘Well actually, it’s ours now. I bought it’

‘You bought it?’ Pam sounding a little surprised

‘Let me show you around first’

Jim showed her around the house, not like she hadn’t already seen it, but Jim had refurnished it, new kitchen, new couch, hardwood floors, he had also made the garage into an art studio for Pam.

He had made it their own.

‘It’s perfect, I love it’ Pam gave Jim kiss.

As soon as they got back to Jim’s Pam had fallen asleep on the couch, Jim watched her sleeping for awhile because she just looked so peaceful.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5286