Hello from the Halperts by more_awake, Dedeen
Summary: Pam starts a blog to keep their family and friends updated on their life in Austin. PART FOUR ADDED
Categories: Jim and Pam, Future Characters: Cece Halpert, Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam
Genres: Fluff, Kids/Family, Married
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5867 Read: 10178 Published: July 05, 2013 Updated: October 20, 2013

1. August 9, 2014 by more_awake

2. October 2, 2014 by Dedeen

3. October 26, 2014 by more_awake

4. November 10, 2014 by Dedeen

August 9, 2014 by more_awake

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


August 9, 2014

Hello from the Halperts!

Things are starting to settle down here in Austin, and since we are so far away from everyone now, I thought I would start a blog to keep you all up to date on our family.

I'll start off by saying that we have been here just over three weeks now. The move went surprisingly well. All of our stuff arrived on time and intact, and we all made it here safely!

Jim flew to Austin a couple weeks before us, so it was just me and the kids on the plane trip down. I wish I could say that they were perfect angels, but I'm afraid that we were that family on the airplane. In hindsight, I can laugh when Jim calls it my 'worst flightmare,' but at the time… oh boy.

It started out great. They were so well-behaved while we were waiting to board that I even got a couple compliments. I was so proud, but I should have known it was just the calm before the storm because almost as soon as we sat down on the plane, Philip began fussing. He was clingy and wanted to sit in my lap, but because he's two-and-a-half now, he needed to be in his own seat until we were in the air. Of course, he didn't like this. Normally, he is our mellow child, but because he is a mama's boy above all else, I had to practically wrestle him into the seat next to me, all while he was screaming like I was restraining him to be tortured and crying "Mama, peas! No!" as loudly as he could. Needless to say, it was a little embarrassing. A flight attendant came by after a few minutes to offer a juice box and a cookie to calm him down, but Philip was so worked-up that he would have none of it; however, Cece, who had been sitting calmly the entire time, gladly accepted.

Eventually, after what seemed like forever but was probably maybe ten minutes, Philip tired himself out. I was able to distract him with looking out the window as the plane went up, but then it was Cece's turn to act out. She wanted to be able to see out the window, and it was "not fair at all" that Philip got the window seat. Then her ears hurt due to the air pressure. Then she had to go potty, but the fasten-seatbelt sign was still lit, so we had to wait, and she wasn't happy about that. And then, after I was finally able to take her to the bathroom, we returned to our seats only to have Philip decide that he had to go to the bathroom, too. Cece stayed behind, and when we got back, I found that she had not-so-innocently buckled herself into the window seat, which upset Philip and started a fight that was ultimately resolved by allowing Philip to sit on my lap. The rest of the flight included a spilled soda, kids forgetting to use inside voices, more complaining about ears hurting, and the grand finale of Philip freaking out again over having to sit in a seat by himself for landing.

I love those two more than life, but never again will I fly with them alone.

Anyway, now that you have heard the story of our epic flightmare, like I said before, Jim flew down two weeks ahead of us. We thought it would be best to have him get everything settled and moved in so that it was less crazy and overwhelming for the kids, and I'm so glad we did that because by the time we got here, he and our friend Darryl had the kids' rooms painted, unpacked, and ready. It was perfect. Philip is still too young to care what his room looks like, but watching Cece walk into her room for the first time was a little bit like watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, without the tears and screaming. She was so excited for her new big girl room: pale blue-violet walls, a wallpaper border that matches her new floral comforter, and a sheer canopy-like curtain that hangs from the ceiling and drapes around her headboard. They did such a great job—and who knew my husband had such an eye for interior design? :P The highlight of it all, though, is definitely the mini art studio that Jim set up for her in one corner. All of her art supplies are neatly organized, and she has a little easel and table for all of her projects. She flipped out when she saw it and then quickly declared her bedroom "best room ever." It was so cute.

That said, our Cecelia is a very sensitive little girl and is having a bit of a hard time adjusting. Everything is fine in the daytime, but once she starts getting sleepy, she suddenly remembers everything that we left behind. She misses her grandparents, her Aunt Larisa and her Aunt Penny, her preschool friends, her dance class, and the old local playground. The other night, she even came into our room crying because she was sad that she didn't say goodbye to the ducks at Lake Scranton. We have had nights like that with her a few times a week ever since we got here, and it just breaks my heart. She's just too sweet for her own good. I think she is starting to come around, though. We Skype with the grandparents and aunts all the time, found a new playground, and just signed her up for a ballet class that starts in a few weeks.

Philip, despite his airplane antics, is still as easygoing as ever. I don't know if it's his personality or his age or a little of both, but there really hasn't been an adjustment period for him at all. He takes things as they come and is curious about his new surroundings, which means that I occasionally find him climbing into low kitchen cabinets, pressing buttons on the dishwasher, or playing with the springy doorstops in various rooms of the house. His favorite part in this whole move was the unpacking that we did during our first few days here. He insisted on "helping" take things out of boxes but ended up just playing with the empty ones after about five minutes; after about an hour, Jim found him napping inside a large one next to the living room couch. Oh, that boy cracks me up.

As for me and Jim, we're adjusting pretty well. We joke about how we're finally real adults now since it's the first time either of us has lived more than a few hours from where we grew up. So many unfamiliar faces and places can get overwhelming, though. It feels kind of strange and even a little unsettling sometimes, knowing that I can't just call my mom or sister or in-laws and have them come over. It's definitely an adventure, but Jim and I are figuring it out together. We are hoping that once we get everything unpacked, it will start to feel more like home.

We like our new neighborhood so far, though. It's in a really family-friendly area and close to everything we need. Jim's commute to the city is only about 30 minutes, and when Cece starts Pre-K at the end of the month, we'll even be able to walk to her school. (Side note: Can you believe my baby girl is already old enough for Pre-K?)

Jim started at Athleap full-time on Monday as Director of New Acquisitions, and then on Tuesday, he helped sign a major new client. He was so nervous that morning, but I knew he could do it. This has been his dream job since college, and I am so proud of him. I know I wasn't exactly a big supporter of this whole thing in the beginning, but we have both agreed that it really did turn out for the best. Waiting a year to completely jump into this allowed the company to gain its footing. Instead of Jim having to work pretty much 24/7 like he did when the company first started, he will be working a fairly normal schedule, with the occasional trip out of town. He had to work so hard when Athlead was in Philadelphia that the kids didn't see much of him at all, and I know it was really hard on Cece in particular. This week, we were lucky to have had him home for dinner and bedtime every night. From what it sounds like, it should become a pretty regular thing, so we are all happy about that.

The job hunt is still on for me. I've submitted more applications and resumes than I can keep track of, but I haven't even gotten an interview yet. To be honest, I'm not too discouraged because I'm really enjoying this extra time with Cece and Philip. I may not sit next to Jim every day at work anymore, but spending time with our kids instead definitely has its perks. Just like their father, they are both fun and funny, and as a bonus, I even get a nap during the day!

Anyway, this concludes my first Halpert Family blog entry. We love and miss you guys so much!

Love,
Pam

October 2, 2014 by Dedeen

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


October 2, 2014

Hello again!

As of this moment it has been more than two months since our family packed up and moved to Austin. Although we have since adjusted quite well here and life has become almost routine in our usual chaotic sort of way, we miss Scranton – we miss our friends, we miss our family, and Jim and I miss spending our days together. This is not to say that we aren’t happy here. We really are. But for whatever reason, we’ve been catching ourselves reminiscing about our old life.

The night before, while we were lying in bed, Jim couldn’t help but bring up our friend Dwight. For those of you who haven’t watched the documentary, Dwight is… Man, how can I even begin to describe him. There are so many different words and descriptions that pop into my head –eccentric, authority-loving, beet farmer, paper salesman, bears, mustard colored shirts, Battlestar Galactica – but each of them seems to only peer past the opening pages of the novel that is Dwight K. Schrute.

Jim said, “Remember the time when we convinced Dwight it was Friday when it was actually Thursday?”

“Yes,” I chuckled. “But I think the speech tips you gave him was the best. Seeing him bang his fists and yell was priceless.”

“BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY!” Jim intoned in Dwight’s dictatorial voice.

“Shhh… You’re going to wake up the kids.”

Our laughter soon subsided as nostalgia slowly tiptoed around us. Nostalgia itself is a funny concept – optimism facing the wrong direction, almost. Change is good; change is bad; tomorrow can’t come fast enough; slow tomorrow down. There is an inconsistency here.

Jim pulled me close and whispered words from Dwight’s speech in my ear, “We must never acquiesce, for it is together...”

I looked at him and understood the underlying meaning of what he was trying to say. So, I finished “…That we prevail!”

The kids are doing great. In the beginning Cece was a bit apprehensive but now she’s probably questioning why we didn’t move here sooner. Because of the prolonged summer weather, they got more than their fill of sun, swimming pools, ice cream treats, trips to the zoo, sprinkler fun in the backyard, and all of the other summertime fun you can think of! We also made the trip to the beach, which we hadn’t done in a while. Needless to say, they loved it, they wore us out, and now they wear us out every day asking when we can go back.

“Can we go to the beach today?” Cece asked last Saturday.

“But it’s raining, Sweetie,” I told her.

“That’s good mommy, I don’t need to wet the sand for the castles!” She replied blissfully.

“But then we’ll get all wet,” I reasoned.

“Mommy, we go in the water, we get wet anyways!”

I looked at her and just shook my head in bewilderment. How can I argue with that?

Speaking of Cece… She has recently started pre-K and she loves just about everything to do with going to a big girl school. Her weekly reports are always very positive, except the teachers have occasionally mentioned she spends more time absorbed in solo projects than her classmates. One of her teachers even suggested setting up play dates so she could “break out of her shell.” Although this idea seems sound, I can’t pressure my daughter to be something she’s not.

Some parents put so much pressure on their kids to be sociable when that is the exact opposite of what they need. They think if they don’t teach their kids to run with the pack they will start on a loner trajectory that will leave them sad and friendless for life. I could go on and on, but I won’t bore you with my ranting…sorry, sometimes I can’t help myself. I just don’t want Cece’s timid personality to overshadow the fact that she is an extremely smart, silly, and happy little girl. She’s not a loner. In fact, when she is given enough time to warm up, she is downright chatty.

I don’t care if her teachers are not content with her B-list social status. As long as Cece doesn’t mind, we are okay. As a matter of fact, Cece‘s only grievance so far is the 30 count rule at the swing set. I guess each kid on the swings at recess has to count to 30, and then let the next kid go after that. Obviously, that is not a popular rule with anyone. So if that’s her only problem, I think she’s going to make it out okay.

Speaking of making out okay, I met a mom in Cece’s ballet class who is a marketing consultant for a local art gallery here in Austin. When I mentioned I painted murals she told me the gallery owner wanted to expand her business. She gave me her information and told me to get in contact with her. I was so eager I called her that same afternoon. We met the next day and I pitched the idea of merging my mural art business with her gallery and she loved it. She even invited me to attend this exclusive artist retreat in New Mexico. I don’t know what I will be doing there exactly, but I’m very excited.

I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to ever find a job. I still haven’t received a single reply from the companies I submitted my resume to, which is a little rude if you ask me. At least have the courtesy to tell me no. Looking back, I’m glad they didn’t because it prompted me to reach out and find my own way.

So my time at home with the kiddos is almost coming to an end. As I mentioned on my last blog, I very much enjoy staying at home with them. And in a way I will still be home. I’ll be my own boss, which is completely surreal to someone whose been a receptionist for most her adult life. If 5 years ago someone told me that I would own an art business, I would have flat-out exclaimed, “You're crazy!”

It should now go without saying (though I’ll say it anyway) – Jim has been amazing these past two months. Although his job is very demanding at times, he is still very much present in our lives. He was my biggest cheerleader when I was moping around trying finding a job. He was the one that encouraged me to turn my art into a mural business. He believes in me wholeheartedly and that is an incredible feeling. Pretty words strung into sentences can’t capture my love and appreciation for him.

In a few days Jim and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. And there are a lot of reasons to celebrate. We have just come off a year of heavy focus on what was most important in our lives –family – and now we find ourselves in that place, where our marriage was never more alive. An achievement we are proud of and we are looking to the future with more excitement than the time since we said our “I do’s.” We struggled, we pushed ourselves, we tried every little trick in the book, and we pushed, pushed, and pushed. And after all that effort we find ourselves exactly where we envisioned we would be when we first began. And it feels good, really really good… great even. And that’s definitely a reason to celebrate.

Jim has taken this Friday and Monday off to stay with the kids so that I can go to the retreat. I’ll be back Sunday night, but he insisted we would need a whole day together to catch up after being apart for three days. While I’m gone, he said that in addition to moping, he will drive the kids to the beach, since they’ve been asking relentlessly to go back. He hasn’t told them yet, which he won’t til the day of, otherwise they will be asking how many sleeps until the beach.

Alright, I’ve been postponing packing for the retreat long enough. My little guy will soon wake up from his nap and then I will have to go pick up Cece from school. I’m amazed at how fast time flies. Here I’m talking about picking up my kid from school when just a few years ago I was changing her diaper. Although life with a toddler and a preschooler should be easier, it’s not. Rather, the challenges have changed. Gone are the sleepless nights, hello mega-attitude and meltdowns from two little beings trying to find their place in the world. Gone are the days of bottle feeding and burping, hello knocked over milk cups, protests over what’s for dinner, food thrown across the table, and ginormous messes left at the dinner table…and the dinner floor…and the dinner clothes…and the dinner hands and faces…and so on and so forth.

But all things considered, I am excited about all of the adventures that are in store for us.

Together we will prevail.

Love,
Pam

October 26, 2014 by more_awake

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

October 26, 2014

Hi everyone!

So before I talk about how my trip to New Mexico went a couple weeks ago, I'll start with what the kids have been up to because… well… guess who got a hold of some scissors yesterday and gave herself and her brother a haircut? I'll give you a hint; she's a blonde four year-old whose name starts with "C."

Yes, we have now experienced the joy (and shock) of the classic childhood self-haircut thanks to our sweet Cece. I left scissors out in the living room and then went to help Jim with preparing lunch. When I came back, I found her snipping away at the hair on top of her brother's head. I just froze because I didn't know what to do, but as soon as she noticed that I was there, she stopped what she was doing. She tried to play it off like it was a good thing, but she knew she was in trouble. When I assessed the damage, I found that in addition to a few short patches spaced over Philip's head, she had also cut a chunk of hair just above his forehead and chopped off random curls from her own head. I don't know if she thought we wouldn't notice, but… yikes. I am pretty confident that she does not have a future as a hair stylist. At this point, though, all we can do is look back, laugh, and wait for everything to grow out.

Somewhat related is that for the last month or so Jim has been growing a beard. It's funny because in all the years that I have known my husband, I had never seen him with anything more than a few days' worth of stubble. Now, though, he looks like a whole new man—a very attractive man if I do say so myself (especially because I know he reads this ;)). The kids' feelings on Daddy's beard are mixed. Cece doesn't like it because it's scratchy when he gives her kisses, but Philip thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I don't know if it's because he is a boy or what, but he is amazed by the whole concept of growing facial hair. Last night when we were tucking him into bed, he even took Jim's face in his little hands and asked, "Daddy, when can I have a beard?" It was so cute (and so hard not to laugh right there in front of him because he pronounces it as "beer"). He was a little disappointed when Jim told him that it would be a while, but it was such a sweet moment between the two of them over something that only an almost-three year-old would take so seriously. And personally, I'm glad my little guy has a while before he and his daddy have matching "beers."

Next, I would like to congratulate my sister-in-law on her engagement! Larisa, we are SO excited for you! You and Matthew are such a fun couple, and we love you guys! :)

Cece and Philip are going to be the flower girl and ring bearer in the wedding, and while Philip doesn't really care or understand what that means, Cece is beyond thrilled about her role and can't stop talking about it. It has even led to a bit of a wedding obsession for her. She wants to play "wedding" with her stuffed animals, and she has asked to look through our wedding album over and over again. We also have our wedding on DVD thanks to the documentary, and she has watched that a few times as well. She loves the flower arrangements and the dresses and especially the veil. It's been so fun to share with her, even though she really already shared it with us back when it first happened. ;) Her comments about everything have been adorable:

"Look! That's me in your tummy!"

"Daddy, why is your tie broken?"

"Mommy, you look like a princess!"

It's pretty cute, but it freaks Jim out a little, especially since Cece's closest friend at school is a boy. I understand it, though. He just wants his little girl to stay his little girl (which, in itself, is also pretty cute).

And now for details on New Mexico! First of all, the place where they held the retreat was beautiful. When I learned that it would be in a desert, I pictured lots of sand, tumbleweeds, and cacti, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. There were incredible rock formations, sunsets that look like they should be on postcards, and at night, I could look up and see a clear sky with hundreds of stars. It was so peaceful and inspiring, and I would love to take a family trip out there one day.

The retreat itself was kind of intimidating at first. Even though I'm technically a professional artist now (I even have business cards!), I still don't quite feel like one. I felt very out of place being around people with extensive credentials, experience, and formal art education, but during a mixer on the first morning, I ended up meeting a few people who felt the same way. We attended seminars, demonstrations, and couple classes together, and it made the whole weekend a really great time. I came out of it feeling the most confident I have ever felt as an artist, and I also learned a lot about how to handle the business side of things, which was an area that I previously knew basically nothing about.

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go, but I was also surprised by just how much I missed my family after being gone only a few days. It was the longest I had ever been away from my either of my babies since they were born. When Jim came to pick me up from the airport, both kids were in the backseat, and Philip had the biggest smile on his face. Like I've said before, he's such a mama's boy, and when I hugged him, he didn't want to let go. I sat in the back with him and Cece on the drive home, and when we got there, both kids presented me with pictures that they had colored. It was really sweet. And wow, can Cece draw. I mean, you can still tell that a small child drew the picture, but her lines are so neat, and she even figured out on her own that shading things in with two different colors of crayon gives the appearance of a new color. She's not even five! My kid is clearly a genius! (What can I say? I'm a proud mama ;))

Unsurprisingly, Jim was able to hold down the fort just fine while I was gone. Surprisingly, though, I came back to a tasty crock pot meal and a house that was cleaner than I left it. Oh, I love him. Betsy Halpert, you raised quite the man.

Anyway, that's what has been happening in our world recently. Hope all of you are doing well!

Love,

Pam

November 10, 2014 by Dedeen

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


November 10, 2014

Hello Everyone,

It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve updated this blog. I guess things have been just a tad busy with a hint of nutty around here (as usual). The kids are getting bigger and more independent, which is great for a whole lotta reasons. They can dress, eat, and bathe themselves with little supervision. But my absolutely favorite part of this new phase is that Cece and Phil have become good buddies. There is nothing better than watching them play. For instance, Phil will come out of nowhere and tackle his big sister, catching her completely off guard. But our sweet princess is a bit of a spark plug and doesn’t let him get away - the chase is on! They laugh and giggle and tackle and chase and poke and then do it all again. Phil loves it and I know Cece loves it too, but I think part of her doesn’t know exactly how to handle her rambunctious little brother that won’t give up, won’t stop messing with her, and won’t stop giggling his head off when he’s coming after her…so so so cute.

Even though I’ve longed for these days, I’ve found myself nostalgic about the earlier days. Remember when Cece was born? She had those impossibly chubby cheeks and an abundance of baby folds. Parents who pretended to nibble on their children while saying they could just eat them up used to creep me out. But I found myself doing the same after Cece was born. She was, I have to admit, quiet delicious. And what can I say about Philip? Best baby ever. Phil would curl himself up and nestle cozily on our chests for hours. He wasn’t colicky, didn’t cry long and hard during the nights, and didn’t have his days and nights mixed up.

Look I didn’t forget the sleepless nights, the 2am feedings, or the diaper changes. I didn’t forget the days I came home late, stressed out after a bad day at work to a fussy baby. It was hard. But then after holding and rocking them for a while, they would fall asleep on your chest - this little warm package all sacked out, breathing deeply, sleeping like an angel while your heart laid down a thumping back beat. Let’s just say… another surprise wouldn’t be so bad. =)

That said…let’s return to more obvious updates. Like, I’m sure you’re not a bit surprise to hear that Halloween was crazy-fun in the Halpert house this year, right!?

We started the day with pumpkin carving and cupcake baking and ended with trick-or-treating around the block. Cece is still into this never ending princess phase, so I decided on a fairy-tale theme. Cece dressed as Rapunzel (irony can be seen here since she chopped off her own hair a few weeks ago) and I dressed as Dr. Cinderella (again). Philip was prince charming and Jim was also supposed to be prince charming, but he decided to abandon his royal regalia. He did wear the cape and the sash for the pictures though. All in all, the kiddos did awesome and we all survived another big, happy, messy Halloween.

In other news, Cece had her first school pictures done this week. Behind her school there’s a field of Texas wildflowers. The field, by the way, is incredible! Jim and I got to be there for Cece’s pictures and our little princess was absolutely giddy in love and couldn't take her eyes off of the flowers. I was almost fainting with elation from knowing the photographer might get the cutest photos ever taken of any child ever in the history of photo taking. But then, the photographer went to the kill shot and pulled out……….a bunny.

The baby bunny was placed on Cece’s lap and she literally couldn't stop giggling and glowing from her whole being as she looked down upon this helpless little creature before her. Some of you might not understand how much Cece loves bunnies, so let me make this abundantly clear. Her little world revolves around three things: princesses, flowers, and bunnies. So this bunny in this field of flowers was the physical manifestation of all that Cece has dreamed of since before her first breath. Jim began to worry that Cece might pass out from Acute Cuddly Cuteness Trauma (trademark is still pending).

Picture this….

The bunny was on her lap, but the flowers caught her eyes. And suddenly she giggled with excitement with the bunny on her lap. Then it is as if the bunny didn’t exist as she smiled helplessly at the flowers. And then, the bunny in her lap caught her eyes again and…. This carousel of bunnies and flowers goes around and around and according to Jim it could still be going on today if he had not pulled the bunny from her lap for fear that she would pass out from Acute Cuddly Cuteness Syndrome.

I’m counting the days until I can get my hands on those pictures. Jim joked about starting a savings account to pay for all the photos I’ll want to buy. Even though we laugh about it, it’s true. I’ll probably buy every single picture. And don’t worry, once I have them I’ll be sending them you way. So if you feel giddy, giggly, and with an intense need to cuddle once you come in contact with these pictures, you might be suffering from Acute Cuddly Cuteness Syndrome.

If the pictures are ready by Thanksgiving, I might be delivering them personally to you! Jim is trying really hard to schedule the trip around his work, but he has been unsuccessful thus far. He is doing everything he can to make the trip possible. As some of you know, Thanksgiving is without a doubt Jim’s favorite holiday. In his words, there no songs stuck in your head, no gift to give or to get, not a whole lot of decorating… just football and family.

The holiday is not even upon us and I’m already mentally making a list of the things that I’m thankful for. For instance, I picked up Cece from school yesterday and she gave me a big hug and said, “Mommy, I missed you.” Right then, I was thankful for her. I was thankful for that sweetness she adds to our lives in a world which is downright bitter at times. Cece is all heart and I’m thankful that I get to be the one to watch her grown into a beautiful little girl.

On that same note, I’m thankful for my son. I don’t know what I expected out of my boy when he was born. I was mom to a little girl made of sugar and spice and I wasn’t sure I was ready to parent someone who was made of slugs and snails and puppy-dogs’ tails. I was scared. But then Philip was born and one look at him and I was in love all over again. He has been laid back (most of the time), happy (much of the time), and funny, goofy, shy, and yes, rough and tumble (All the time).

My list of gratitude wouldn't be completed if I didn't mention Jim. As I sit here, I find it’s really hard to put into words just how thankful I’m for having him in my life. Even before we were together, Jim was someone I was thankful for. He’s the one I can’t wait to talk to after something phenomenal happens at work and the one I want to celebrate with when I get an art commission. I wake up every day and think: This is my best friend. This is the most brilliant person in my life. I wake up and think, I’m the luckiest girl alive.

And that’s what’s happening these days, whether it’s having some Halloween fun, taking first school pictures, or being thankful… Life has been great.

Can’t wait to see ya’ll soon,

Pam

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5343