The Explosion (and the aftermath) by SprinklesTheCat
Summary: Starts during Season 3, Episode 18 (The Negotiation). Pam and Jim are in the break room alone, and Pam’s trying to apologize to Jim for Roy attacking him. Jim is dismissive and goes so far as to say Pam and Roy will probably get back to together. What would have happened if Pam exploded in a fit of anger?
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Alternate Universe Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Romance, Steamy, Weekend
Warnings: Explicit sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 12724 Read: 26719 Published: November 29, 2018 Updated: December 07, 2018
Story Notes:
Just watched The Office for the first time in 2018 - I'm a late joiner! Now re-watching it and thinking that Pam is way too passive. I wanted to see what would happen if she just lost it with Jim. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Pam Explodes by SprinklesTheCat

2. Aftershocks by SprinklesTheCat

3. The Dust Settles by SprinklesTheCat

4. The Smoke Clears by SprinklesTheCat

5. Dinner, At Last by SprinklesTheCat

6. The Do-Over by SprinklesTheCat

7. Sunday Morning on Memory Lane by SprinklesTheCat

8. Sunday Afternoon Delight, Part 1 by SprinklesTheCat

9. Sunday Afternoon Delight Part 2 by SprinklesTheCat

Pam Explodes by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
My first fanfic ever! Wheee!

Pam’s mother always said that until you witnessed it first hand, you might find it hard to believe that Pam had a temper.

“We’ll see. I'm sure you guys will find your way back to one another someday,” Jim said with a smirk.

Pam felt her temper rising. She swallowed, trying to push it down, but she was so tired of staying quiet, so tired of smiling when she felt like crying, so done with trying to pretend that everything was fine when in fact it was the exact opposite of fine. She was embarrassed about her brief reunion with Roy and upset about his attack on Jim.


But most of all, she was tired of missing Jim. He was right there in front of her, but he wasn’t really there at all, and that suddenly pissed her off. A curtain of red seemed to fall in front of her eyes and she knew that there was no stopping the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

“Fuck you, Jim Halpert!”

Jim stopped in his tracks, stunned. Had Pam seriously just yelled at him, and dropped an F-bomb? He didn’t think he’d ever heard her swear before. He slowly turned and looked at her.

Pam looked shocked. Two spots of colour had appeared on her cheeks, and her whole body was heaving with fury.
“That’s right, I said it, and I meant it, Jim. Fuck you. Fuck you and your smirks, and your judgement, and your ‘who gives a shit’ attitude. I am SO tired of you.”

Jim gave his head a little shake, not taking his eyes off Pam. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. How dare she get angry at him, after everything she’d done, and not done. Despite his best efforts, Jim could feel his own anger starting to bubble up. But even so, his next words surprised him.

“What gives you the right to talk to me like that? I’m just saying what seems to be true. You broke up with a Roy for a few months, then you got back together. You managed to get him pissed off at me, and I almost got my lights punched out. I don’t think you’ve got any right to be the angry one here.”

Jim’s tone got harsher and his voice got louder the longer he talked. It felt so good to finally say what had been sitting in his throat.

Pam’s eyes were shooting daggers at him. He’d never seen her angry at all before, let alone in a state like this, and he didn’t care. He was tired of pretending nothing had happened between them.

“What gives me the right? What gives ME the right?” Pam turned the volume up with each statement. Out in the office, heads were starting to turn as everyone realized that something interesting was happening in the break room. Dwight’s hand went to his desk drawer as he stood up to assess the possible threat.

Pam took two steps closer to Jim in the small kitchen, narrowing her eyes and leaning toward him. “You rocked my world Halpert. You dropped a bomb on me.” Then she practically shouts, “You tell me you’re in love with me, and then you just disappear, and I have no right to be angry at you?”

Everyone in the office sucks in a collective gasp and all eyes turn to Karen. Karen seems to be unable to take her eyes off the break room door, but her face has gone pale and her hands are gripping the edge of her desk.

Jim’s eyes are wide, and he can’t tear his gaze away from Pam. It feels like the two of them are in a bubble full of long-standing anger and hurt and frustration. He’s somehow completely forgotten that they’re in the break room at work, in public, with their coworkers now eagerly listening. Including his girlfriend.

His eyes bore into Pam’s. He steps toward her, closing the distance between them. It seems he’s unable to stop the words coming out of his mouth.

“What difference did it make to you if I disappeared? I put myself out there, laid it all on the line, and all you could say was that I ‘misinterpreted’ our friendship. Which is a huge crock of shit by the way,” he hissed at her. “As if you didn’t already know exactly how I felt about you.”

Pam was furious. She felt like she was releasing months of pain and anger and she didn’t really care who heard her as she shot back at him, “What are you talking about? I had no idea how you felt about me. How could I know? You never gave me so much as a hint.”

As Pam says these words, a voice of reason begins to niggle at the corner of her mind. She might not have realized how deeply he felt about her, but she knew he had feelings for her. If she’d been honest with herself, she knew she had feelings for him too, long before that ill-fated casino night. But she wasn’t about to let that change how she felt right now.

“Oh come on Pam, you must think I’m completely stupid if I’m going to believe that. You had to know how I felt. God knows I sucked at hiding it. Dinner on the roof? The teapot? All the time I spent standing at reception? All the times I just happened to work late when you worked late? Come on. You knew very well how I felt. Apparently, you just didn’t feel the same.” Jim feels a ping in his heart. Even after all this time, he can’t believe that she didn’t return his feelings even a tiny bit.

Pam’s voice is still angry, but it’s softened just a little when she says, “How would you know how I feel about anything? You never even bother to talk to me anymore.”

“Well you never bothered to tell me you cancelled your wedding. I had to hear about it through the grapevine. That told me a lot about how you felt about me. Or didn’t feel about me, to be accurate.”

“You don’t know anything about me anymore, Jim,” Pam spat at him. “You might be ‘evolving’ but when it comes to me, you don’t know shit.”

Toby opens the door to the kitchen and says softly, “Guys? Is everything ok?”

With that, the bubble around the two of them seems to pop. They look at each other, shocked, and realize that they’re standing face to face, both breathing heavily from the emotion they’ve just spewed at each other. They’re close enough to touch. Close enough to see the tears standing in both their eyes. If it weren’t for their angry words, it might seem that they were about to kiss.

They break the heated stare they’ve been holding and look around. Toby has his head poked around the door looking at them with concern. Out in the office, Dwight is on his feet, on high alert, with what looks like a weapon in his hand. Phyllis looks worried. Angela is shaking her head in disapproval.

Karen’s desk is empty.

Pam looks back at Jim, and brings her hand to her mouth, her eyes welling with unshed tears. She turns and dashes into the ladies’ room behind her.

Jim rubs the back of his neck and turns to Toby. “Hey sorry, just an argument that got out of hand I guess.” He glances at the door of the washroom where Pam has disappeared.

Out in the office, Creed shakes his head and smiles. “Lovers quarrel,” he mutters as he returns to his desk.

End Notes:
The whole story is written, so there's more to come! (Gentle) reviews welcome. :-)
Aftershocks by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:

A little of Jim's POV, a lot of Pam's POV. 

For the purpose of the story I'm pretending that they never talked on the phone or communicated while Jim was in Stamford.

 I still own none of these characters and intend no copyright infringement.

 

Jim sat on his sofa on Saturday. The TV was on, but although his eyes were on the screen, his mind was far away. Well, not that far actually. His mind was back in the break room at Dunder Mifflin yesterday afternoon, with a very angry Pam Beesley in front of him. He’d gone over the fight many times by now, and he just couldn’t figure out what had happened. He’d never seen her get mad, let alone completely lose it like she had. One minute they were talking about her and Roy getting back together, and the next minute she was telling him off.

Well, if Jim was honest, he knew he’d provoked her with his comments about her and Roy having a strong connection. If he was really honest, he’d say he was being an asshole on purpose. He was pissed off that she’d gotten back together with Roy, and he was even more pissed off that he still cared. God dammit, why did he still care? And now he was back to square one, because his relationship with Karen was definitely over.

He’d left the office yesterday afternoon, feeling the eyes of his coworkers fastened on him right up till the clock hit 5. Pam had never come out of the ladies’ room, and he couldn’t stand it anymore. He’d driven straight to Karen’s, wondering on the way if she’d even let him in when he got there.

She’d opened the door a crack, and he could see she’d been crying. It was a short conversation – he never left the doorway. She made it clear that given everything she’d heard Pam say that afternoon, there was really no point in them continuing as a couple. Her final words to him were, “You’re a real piece of work, Halpert.”

His mind went back the fight. For a moment, he smiled a little, thinking of how mad Pam had been. She’d almost stamped her foot. Honestly, he never knew she had it in her. Maybe she was changing. Maybe he didn’t know her as well as he thought he did. But he had no evidence to think that her feelings for him had developed into anything more than friendship. He still went back to the fact that she’d never contacted him after she called off her wedding. Surely if she had feelings for him – anything at all – she would have let him know. And ever since he’d moved back to Scranton she’d acted as if all she wanted to do was take things back to how they were before his confession on casino night. Well, sometimes he felt a glimmer of something more, but he’d been fooled that way so many times that he didn’t let himself hope. He just tried his best to pretend he’d moved on.

And now he sat alone on his sofa, thinking about Pam. So much for moving on. He was back to exactly where he’d been last May.

This time he knew he couldn’t run away. They had to have a conversation about this. They had to come to some kind of truce. He looked at her name on his phone and tried to work up the courage to press Call.
__________________________________
Across town, Pam was curled on her own sofa, staring out the window. She had the same embarrassment and remorse that she always had after losing her temper. It was like someone else inhabited her body when that red fog came down. She didn’t remember everything she’d said to Jim. But she knew she’d said it at maximum volume, and that Jim wasn’t the only one who’d heard it. “Ughhhh”, she groaned loudly, tipping her head back to look at the ceiling. How on earth would she face the office on Monday morning?

And what would she say to Jim? She felt doubly bad because not only had she lost her temper, she’d also been really mean to him. He’d looked shocked at first, but then he’d gotten angry too. Which just proved to her that she’d been right not to call him after she cancelled the wedding. Obviously he wasn’t in love with her anymore, and even the slight friendliness they’d developed in the last few months was totally gone now. Maybe he’d only been pretending to be friendly to keep things smooth at work.

Pam knew that the fight with Jim was her fault. It was pretty clear that telling him to fuck himself made her the guilty party. Yes, he’d goaded her about Roy, but she deserved that. So stupid to have thought that something would have changed with Roy. As her mother had said sagely when Pam confessed the whole thing to her, “Your relationship with Roy was like a carton of milk that was spoiled when you put in the fridge. Why did you take it out thinking it would taste good again?”

Pam prided herself on controlling her temper, and she thought she’d matured beyond outbursts like yesterday. But she’d been holding back her feelings with Jim for so long…and when he dismissed her claim that her and Roy were definitely over…it was like he was trying to make her mad.

Now she didn’t know what to do. If she’d thought Jim hated her before, she was sure he did now. Not only had she told him off in spectacular fashion, but she’d embarrassed him in front of the whole office and probably gotten him in trouble with Karen. She sighed. How had things gotten to this point?

It felt like she was farther than ever from being able to have the main thing she wanted with Jim – a real conversation. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was for the things she’d said when he told her he was in love with her. She wanted to explain to him how she’d known for a long time that she liked him as more than a friend, but she was too afraid to uproot her life. She wanted him to know that when he’d spoken the words, “I’m in love with you” she’d felt a jolt to her heart like nothing she’d ever felt before. She wanted to tell him that she had suspected how he felt, but she couldn’t actually believe that someone like him – funny, charming, handsome, kind – would ever be interested in someone like her.

Being with Roy for so long had convinced her that she was nothing special to anyone, and never would be. What Jim offered was just so sparkly, so attractive, so thrilling - she didn’t feel like it could be real. She was too afraid to test it.

And she needed him to know that the kiss was what convinced her that it was real. If his words had jolted her heart, his kiss had lit her on fire, body and soul. And it was terrifying. It had taken her a week, and countless pep talks from her mother to finally tell Roy it was over. Only the looming deadline of the wedding date pushed her to say the words. It had been messy and heartbreaking and awful. But once Jim had shown her what was possible, she just couldn’t be with Roy anymore. It was like living in black and white when you knew that colour existed.

After Jim left so quickly without saying goodbye, she figured she’d missed her chance with him. It had been too good to be true anyway. She consoled herself by saying that he’d been in her life for a reason, which was to wake her up to the dead-end relationship with Roy.

Back then, she kept thinking that soon she’d be brave and call Jim, but she always talked herself out of it. She couldn’t bear the thought of him being cold, or hanging up, or not responding to an email. She decided that it was safer to not know the truth, and cling to the fantasy of what might have been.

But when he’d walked in the door after the merger, she knew there was no pretending. Her feelings were a hundred times stronger than before. But his response to her had been exactly what she’d feared. Cold, distant. Clearly no longer in love.

She didn’t want to be the one to break up his relationship with Karen – although she may well have done that yesterday – but she needed to tell him how she felt. It was the weight of those unsaid words that had driven her to explode.

She at least needed to start with apologizing. She picked up her phone and looked at his name for the 50th time that day, still not brave enough to dial.
End Notes:
When I started this story I thought it would be all steam, but the characters had way more to say, so it got longer. The steam is still on it's way.
The Dust Settles by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
When I'm watching the show I always just want to see these two be honest with each other, so that's how I wrote this conversation.
Jim stood up from the sofa and stretched. He decided he’d take a break from thinking for awhile. He needed to run a couple of errands and he knew from long experience that sitting in his apartment ruminating wouldn’t get him anywhere. He threw on some jeans, sneakers, and a hoodie and headed out the door.
_________________________________________________________
Pam walked aimlessly around her apartment a couple of times. She still hadn’t gotten brave enough to phone Jim, and she didn’t even know what to say if he did answer. She knew she should get out for some fresh air. In the months that she’d been living alone she often took her sketchbook to a coffee shop on weekend afternoons, just to be around other people. Maybe if she did that for an hour, she’d get the courage to call Jim and apologize for screaming at him. She put on a pair of jeans, sneakers, and a hoodie, grabbed her sketchbook, and left.
_________________________________________________________
Jim had stretched out his errands as long as he could, not wanting to go back home. He decided to stop for a coffee to prolong the minutes before he would be back in his apartment agonizing about Pam again. Her face had been in his mind all afternoon as he’d last seen it yesterday, tears filling her eyes, cheeks still red with anger. His heart lurched a little, and he realized that he was more worried about her than anything else. He knew her well enough to know that she’d be embarrassed and regretful. He really needed to call her. Suddenly the only thing he wanted to do was reassure her that everything was ok. He stepped into the coffee shop, thinking he’d get something to go. The first thing he saw was Pam, sitting at a table in the corner, looking out the window with a sad, dreamy look on her face. She turned and looked right at him. Her mouth opened in surprise and her eyes widened. She looked scared, and he realized he’d been right about how she was feeling. It gave him a boost of courage, and he quickly made his way to her table.

“Hey,” he said quietly, looking into her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. How had he forgotten how expressive they were? She didn’t need to say a word; he could look into her eyes and know everything she was thinking.

“Jim.” His name was the only word she could think of as she looked up at him. She was truly afraid about how angry he might be with her. But he didn’t seem angry. His eyes had a softness that she hadn’t seen there in a long time. Her brain was going a million miles an hour and she was having trouble figuring out what to do or say next.

“Come here often?” Jim said with a slight raise of his mouth toward a smile, and suddenly Pam felt the fluttering of hope in her chest. He was joking with her. How long had it been since Jim had joked in that flirty way? Maybe a little at Phyllis’s wedding when he teased her about her dance moves. Ugh, she didn’t want to think about that night right now.

Dammit, she realized she’d been staring at him for about a minute with a stupid smile forming on her face. She finally found some words.

“Um, sometimes? What about you? I’ve never seen you here before.” Geez Pam, smooth answer. That’ll reel him in for sure.

“I took the scenic route today,” Jim said, tilting his head and still smiling that half smile. “Do you mind if I sit down for a minute?”

“No, no, not at all! Sit down, please. Do you want a coffee first?” Pam felt like all the words she had were rushing out. She was nervous. Jim wasn’t acting the way she expected, and she wasn’t sure yet what that meant.

Jim for his part, couldn’t help but smile. Everything was suddenly so clear. This was PAM. The girl he’d been in love with for so long. Yup, he was ready to admit it. He’d never stopped loving her. He still didn’t want to just be her friend. He wanted way more than that. And he wasn’t ready to give up yet. Still, he wouldn’t mind having a few more minutes to adjust to that thought.

“Yeah, actually I will get a cup of coffee. I’ll be right back.” As he walked away from the table, Pam stared at his back. She felt a rush of fear and nervousness, and love all at once. She was still confused about what was happening, and she wasn’t sure what she was going to say, but it seemed like fate wanted her to say it in person, so she was willing to try.

In a few minutes Jim was settled in front of her with a steaming cup of coffee between his hands. He looked across the table at her, and this time his smile was a little sad.

“Jim, I…”

“Pam, I…”

They spoke at the same time. They smiled at each other and said “Jinx.” Pam spoke quickly before he could jump in, “The rules of jinx are unflinching rigid. And Jim, I’m glad, because I have something to say, and I want to say it all at once. Otherwise, I’ll get too scared to finish.”

She looked down at her cup of tea, now almost empty. When she looked up, he was looking at her with his mouth firmly closed, his eyes serious. He nodded at her to go ahead.

“Phew, oh boy, ok,” Pam started slowly. “I guess the first thing I need to say is I’m sorry for getting so mad at you yesterday. I don’t know what got into me. I’m so sorry that Roy went after you, and I’m embarrassed that I got back together with him. I felt like there was nothing I could say to you that would make you understand how much I regretted all of that.”

Jim pressed his lips together and looked at her with his eyes bulging. Clearly, he wanted to speak. She smiled a little.

“Uh uh, you don’t get to talk yet.” She took a deep breath and continued. “I’m sorry for yelling at you, and probably getting you in trouble with Karen, and, oh my God, basically telling the whole office all kinds of things they didn’t need to know.” Pam put her face in her hands and looked down at the table, slowly shaking her head.

She felt a hand on her head, smoothing her hair. She looked up over her fingers. Jim was leaning across the table, gently touching her. The look on his face sent a jolt to her heart. It reminded her of casino night, and the way he looked at her then. He opened his mouth and spoke slowly and softly. “Pam, I know I’m not supposed to talk, but I have to. I’ll buy you a case of Coke to make up for it. You need to know, I’m not mad at you. I acted like a jerk yesterday, and honestly, quite a few days before that too. I deserved to get told off.”

Pam looked at him in relief and surprise. She’d been so worried she’d been that she’d finally managed to make him hate her. He wasn’t upset. And he was still touching her. His hand had now wrapped around hers and his thumb was rubbing across the top of her knuckles. She looked down at it and looked back up at him.

“Jim, you definitely owe me. I wasn’t done talking!” She smiled at him as she said it, and he returned the smile, then closed his mouth and mimed turning a key in his lips. He raised his eyebrows at her, prompting her to go on.

Pam took a deep breath and started to talk. She told Jim everything she’d been wanting to say for so long. About how his words on casino night took her by surprise, and how his kiss rocked her world. How she’d been so shocked when he immediately left for Stamford without saying goodbye, but how she knew even with him gone that she couldn’t marry Roy. She told him straight up, with no hesitation, that she hadn’t called him after she cancelled the wedding because she was afraid.

“Jim, I know it wasn’t fair or kind to you, and I don’t expect you to understand. But when you left so fast and didn’t even say good-bye, I figured you were done with me. I couldn’t bear to have you reject me, so I just never gave you the chance. And I thought it was ok, and that I would eventually move on. But then you came back. And the minute I saw you, I knew.

“What did you know?” Jim asked softly. While she’d been talking, he’d taken her other hand, and now he was holding both of her tiny hands in both his large warm ones. Pam didn’t think she’d ever felt something so comforting as the feeling of Jim holding her hands.

She pulled together all the courage she had and said, almost in a whisper, “I knew that I was in love with you. I’m in love with you, Jim, and I just wanted you to know. Now I know exactly how you felt when you said it to me. I don’t want to be just friends. I can’t stand to be just friends. I was fooling myself for a long, long time, thinking that you were just my friend. I had no idea what it was like to feel the way I feel about you.”

Pam continued, “I lost my temper with you yesterday because I was so frustrated, and I couldn’t stand the regrets anymore. Jim, I would kill to have a do-over of that night.”

Pam looked down at their hands entwined together on the table. Then she looked back up at him, deep into his hazel eyes. “I thought it was too late for a second chance, but I hope I was wrong.”
End Notes:
Like I said, these two had a lot more to talk about than I realized. More to come.
The Smoke Clears by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
This is a short chapter, but it needed to happen this way.
It seemed like they’d been sitting in the coffee shop communicating with only their eyes and their hands forever. Cups of coffee and tea were long forgotten. Pam had no idea what was going to happen next. All she knew was that she never wanted to take her hands, or her eyes, away from Jim’s again.

Finally, Jim spoke. “I don’t know if jinx is over yet, but I have a few things I’d like to say.”

Pam smiled at him, and then said, “How about if I take a jinx now and let you talk?”

Jim tightened his grip on her hands, holding each one firmly in his. He looked down at the table and then back up at her.

“Pam, I should never have left Scranton like I did. Not without talking to you again. I know you well enough to know that you needed time to react to what I told you. I’d built up this idea of telling you how I felt about you until I was at the breaking point. When you didn’t react the way I hoped, I couldn’t think straight. I just couldn’t believe that you had zero feelings for me. I have to confess that I was probably a bit mad at you because I thought, if you actually thought of me only as a friend, you’d totally led me on. Which isn’t fair, but it’s how I felt.”

“Then when I heard that you cancelled the wedding, I got this big surge of hope. But I still had that kernel of being mad at you, so I decided you had to make the first move. I guess I took that a little too far. I took a risk, and I wanted you to take one too. And that wasn’t fair to you.”

Pam absentmindedly stroked each of his fingers one by one between hers. She was thinking of what to say next, and not really noticing what she was doing. Both of them were so caught up in their words that they hadn’t realized until that moment the intimate dance that their hands were involved in. Pam stilled the strokes of her fingers and gently squeezed Jim’s hands again. She looked up, anxiousness in her eyes.

“Jim, what about Karen?”

Jim pulled his hands from hers, leaned back in his chair and ran his fingers through his hair, blowing air out through his lips.

When he spoke, he looked down at the table.

“Karen was a mistake. She’s a great person – smart, funny, all those things – and I thought that dating her would help me get over you. But it never felt right. Once we moved to Scranton, things started to fall apart. I should have done the right thing and ended it with her weeks ago, months ago. Instead she broke up with me last night, after she heard the whole story at full volume from the break room. I feel terrible that she ended up getting hurt because I was too afraid to deal with how I felt about you.”

Jim looked up at her and smiled his crooked smile. Pam couldn’t help it – she reached out and grabbed his hand again.

“Oh Jim, I’m so sorry. I feel so terrible for shouting all those things.”

Jim brought their hands back together again. When he spoke, his voice was lower, and he looked into her eyes in a serious way again.

“Pam, we both did things that we wish we could change. If you can forgive me, I know I can forgive you. You told me you want a do-over. Well, so do I. Can we start over?”

His thumbs brushed across her knuckles again, and this time a volt of electricity shot through her at his touch. He was looking at her as if his very breath depended on her answer, and she could hardly speak with her heart pounding in her throat.

“Yes, please. I really want to start over. At least from the part where things started to go bad.”

Jim smiled and squeezed her hands again. “Are you free for dinner tonight?”

“Yes”, Pam answered, her smile getting even bigger.

“Then it’s a date”, he said, with a big smile of his own.
End Notes:
Next is dinner and the start of the steam!
Dinner, At Last by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
OK, now we're getting into the good stuff. :-)

Jim and Pam agreed that their first date didn’t need to be fancy, but when they realized they were basically wearing the exact same thing – jeans, blue hoodie, sneakers – they laughed, and decided that they’d like to be a bit more dressed up, or at least dressed differently. They parted ways at the coffee shop with the agreement that Jim would pick Pam up at her apartment at 6.

As Jim drove home, he knew anyone seeing him behind the wheel might think he was a lunatic. A very, very happy lunatic. He just couldn’t stop smiling. What a difference a day made. He not only felt ecstatic that he finally had a date with Pam, but he felt lighter, as if he’d been carrying something heavy. He’d spent years pretending not to have feelings for Pam, keeping himself in check around her. Letting himself reach out and take her hands today at the table had felt so natural, so right. Now he couldn’t imagine how he’d ever held back from showing her how he felt.

And she’d actually said she was in love with him. Is in love with him. Right now. Just the memory of hearing her say those words made him feel giddy.

He knew they were keeping the date casual, but he still wanted it to be perfect. He started to make some plans.
______________________________________
Pam drove home with the radio blasting, belting out every song that came on, no matter what it was. She felt better than she’d ever imagined she could feel. This is what people meant when they said, “pure joy”. She didn’t think she’d ever felt so happy, so light. What a relief it was to tell Jim everything that had been on her mind for so long. The fact that he felt the same way, that he still had feelings for her, was amazing. She felt like she couldn’t ask for anything else in the world.

And the way he’d held her hands while she talked. She never knew that holding hands could mean so much. Her mind started to wander, thinking about how big Jim’s hands were compared to hers…what they would feel like on her body…Pam shook her head, feeling herself blush. It’s not that she hadn’t had those thoughts about him before. She’d had plenty of them…extensive, detailed thoughts in full colour and action, with sound. She shook her head again and laughed out loud at herself. Geez, an hour with Jim and she was starting to think like a sex fiend. She needed to calm down. They were just getting started. There would be plenty of time for all that. She needed to get serious here. What on earth was she going to wear?
___________________________________________
When Jim rang Pam’s bell at 5:55 pm, he was feeling more than a little hyped up. On the way home from the coffee shop he’d stopped at a flower shop and picked up a bouquet of colourful flowers that he could only describe as “happy”. He hoped Pam would like them. He’d made a reservation for dinner. Nothing fancy, but it was Saturday night, so it might be busy. He didn’t want to leave anything to chance. As he stepped into the shower, and felt the hot water stream down his body, his mind sped ahead to the evening.

Sure, Jim had fantasized about Pam. He’d fantasized a lot about Pam. But now that being with her was becoming a reality, thinking about her THAT WAY felt a little wrong. Not that he wasn’t still very attracted to her. But now he didn’t want to rush. He wanted to take his time and let them really start fresh, have all the fun and excitement of starting a relationship. He still wanted to take her to bed – oh, he SO wanted to take her to bed – but more than anything he wanted to make sure she knew how much he loved her. He vowed to himself that tonight would end on her doorstep, no further.
_________________________________________
When her doorbell rang, Pam’s heart gave a leap, and she actually let out a little yelp of surprise. “Geez,” she told herself, “Hold it together. It’s just Jim.”

She’d spent her time since the coffee shop getting ready for the evening ahead. She’d tidied her apartment and made her bed. She resisted putting on fresh sheets, telling herself that there was no need. This was their FIRST date. She had no intention of ending up in bed with Jim tonight. Not that she didn’t want him – oh my God, she really wanted him – but she thought they should take it slow. They knew each other as best friends, but this was a whole other level. She wanted to enjoy every step of the way. Pam didn’t actually know much about dating, having never really dated as an adult, but she did know that you weren’t supposed to have sex on the first date.

In a fit of optimism a few weeks ago, she’d gone out and bought a “date” outfit. Well, her sister had kind of forced her into it. She hadn’t bought new clothes in a long time, and it was actually fun to shop for things that weren’t for work. She showered, did her hair so it fell in loose curls around her face, and dressed in her best-fitting jeans, flats, and a long-sleeved blue top that cut lower in the front than anything she would ever wear to work. But for a date with Jim, it seemed right. She even had a new bra that sort of pushed everything up, just enough to make the top interesting. Checking the mirror, she liked what she saw, and she hoped that he would too.

When she opened the door, she lost her breath for a moment. Her eyes immediately travelled down Jim’s body and back up again. He looked…yummy. That’s the only word that came to her mind. This was a version of Jim that she’d never seen before. This was clearly “date Jim”. He was wearing nice blue jeans with a black button-up shirt untucked. She rarely saw him without a tie, but now she could see some chest hair at the top of the shirt buttons. It made her feel shy, and excited, and tingly all at once.

 
For his part, Jim could hardly take in everything he was seeing. Pam in jeans that hugged her curves, with a snug top that showed actual cleavage. He’d seen her body in the conservative clothes she wore to work, but actually seeing the tops of her breasts peeking out was new. He gulped and brought his eyes up to meet hers. He silently reminded himself of his vow to end the date on the doorstep. It was going to take a lot of willpower with her looking like this.

He found his voice and said, smiling at her, “You look…amazing.” He passed her the flowers, trying to cover his sudden nervousness. She took them with a smile, and said, “You clean up pretty good yourself. I don’t know when someone last brought me flowers! Let me put them in water. Come on in.”

While she found a vase and took care of the flowers, Jim looked around her small tidy apartment. He was hit with a rush of pride for her. She’d ended a ten-year relationship and moved into her first apartment on her own in the past few months. He was quickly realizing there was more to Pam Beesley than he knew.

“Your place is great, Pam. You should be really proud of yourself.” Jim looked her in the eye as he said it, wanting her to see his sincerity. She blushed a little and murmured, “Well, I had a lot of help from my parents”. She took a step toward him and their eyes caught and held. The world seemed to stand still. There was some kind of energy moving between them, and everything felt different than it ever had before. In the coffee shop they’d felt close again, but this was something new. Well, the energy had always been there between them, but they’d both had to try to ignore it before. Mesmerized by the pull of Jim’s gaze, Pam realized they hadn’t ever been this alone. They weren’t in the office. No one was going to walk in. No one was looking for them. They were allowed to be together. They were allowed to do anything they wanted.

Pam drew in a quick breath at the thought. Jim looked at her in concern and reached out to take both of her hands. “Are you ok?” he asked, looking down at her with a worried frown.

She smiled and nodded at him, hardly able to believe the care she could see in his eyes. “Just…this is so…weird? Us, on a date.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. But weird in a really good way, right?” Jim asked, smiling back at her.

“Oh yeah, totally weird in a good way,” Pam said, laughing a little. “But you know Jim, it’s hardly right that I get this kind of reward for losing my temper yesterday.”

She looked at the floor and then looked up at him through her lashes. He blinked, opening his mouth but unable to speak. Damn, she was so SEXY. She’d flirted with him before, but never like this. Never with intent. He felt a twitch in his groin. This was a whole new ballgame, and it seemed like she really knew how to play it. He realized she was still looking at him, smiling a little as she waited for his response.

“No kidding Beesley. You should get a span…I mean, a time out for that.” Jesus, had he really almost said she should get a spanking? She was looking at him and laughing out loud now, her hand covering her mouth. “Jim! Oh my God.” She really didn’t want him to know what that almost-word had just done to her. She wasn’t into kinky stuff like that. Yet with Jim…it just seemed fun. And hot. Oh my God. What was wrong with her?

Jim broke the awkwardness, saying, “I made us reservations for 6:30, so we should get going.”

Holy shit, what was that? You’re not into spanking. Are you? Maybe…with her…in a playful way. Jesus Jim, get it together. She’s gonna run a mile if you keep it up.

“Perfect”, said Pam, glad to move on to safer ground. “I’m ready to go.”

End Notes:
Giddy up!
The Do-Over by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
A little fluff, a little steam.

The conversation flowed in the car, as they chatted about work and their families and friends. As dinner progressed it felt so much less weird. In fact, it seemed totally natural to talk about anything and everything.

As the evening went on, Pam started to share with Jim some of what had happened when she cancelled her wedding to Roy. She looked at him cautiously at first, asking with her eyes if he was ok to hear it. He nodded and gave her a little smile, knowing that they had to clear the air a bit. Pam talked for awhile, telling him how badly Roy had taken it, and how supportive her parents had been through the whole thing.

She looked at Jim, gave him a cautious smile, and said, “Now it’s your turn. Fill in the blanks for me about what happened with you.”

Jim rubbed the back of his neck and looked at her with slightly sad eyes. “Pam, to be honest, I don’t want to dig up all that stuff. Where we are right now is exactly where I want to be.”

“No way, you don’t get off that easy!” Pam smiled as she chided him. “You have to at least tell me how you got a transfer so quickly.”

Jim didn’t know how far back to go. Would she freak out if he told her that he’d literally been in love with her for years? Probably not. He might as well be honest.

“Well Pam, it started the day you came to work at Dunder-Mifflin.”

As Jim told her how his feelings had first been a crush, then developed into something more the longer he knew her, Pam’s face went from slightly smiling to serious. She reached across the table and took one of his hands in hers and squeezed, then stroked the back of his hand with her fingers while he talked.

He told her that he’d finally decided on the booze cruise that he couldn’t keep up the façade anymore, and he’d started to explore the options. He hadn’t actually intended to say what he said on casino night, but it felt like the whole evening unfolded with that inevitable conclusion.

“Would you have let me marry Roy without ever telling me how you felt?” Pam said softly.

Jim shrugged. “I didn’t want to be the kind of guy who breaks up someone else’s relationship, especially when it’s that close to marriage. But I probably knew deep down that I was going to tell you how I felt before your wedding day. It’d gotten to the point where I honestly thought you had feelings for me too, so I was ready to take a chance.”

Pam looked at the table for a moment, and Jim reached out and put his hand on top of hers, so he had her small hand sandwiched between his. She looked up.

“Jim, I did have feelings for you. But I was completely terrified. Like I told you this afternoon, it wasn’t until you kissed me that I knew the feelings were real. Until then, I didn’t even know that being with you was an option I could let myself have.”

They sat quietly, and as the seconds turned into minutes, they got a little lost in each others’ eyes. The energy was back between them, and it seemed to be equally intoxicating for them both. Jim broke the spell by saying quietly, “I’m going to get the check. You ready to go?”

“Yes, I’m ready”, Pam answered.
_______________________________________
Back in the car, surrounded by warm darkness, the radio playing low, Jim turned to Pam and took her hand. Slowly, never taking his eyes off hers, he raised it to his lips and softly kissed the back of it. Pam felt that kiss in every corner of her body. His touch was electrifying. She couldn’t believe how much he affected her. It had been so long since she’d felt this way, if in fact she ever had.


Pam didn’t think she’d ever heard the low, husky voice Jim used when he said, “If this is a real do-over, we have another stop to make.”

They drove in silence, neither feeling the need to talk. Pam’s hand was back in her lap, but it was being held by Jim’s hand. Every so often he would give it a squeeze and glance over at her with a little smile, almost as if he was checking to see if she was still there. When they reached their destination, Pam wasn’t surprised. The metal gates in front of Dunder Mifflin were closed, but Jim had a swipe card, and the big gates slid back smoothly when he used it. He parked in the far corner, turned off the car, and looked at her. “If this is a do-over, we have to do it right.”

Jim came around to open her door and took her hand to guide her out. Keeping her hand in his, he walked her to a certain spot in the parking lot. Turning to look at her under the dim glow of a streetlight, he said, “Sad, but I pretty much remember the exact spot.”

“Me too”, she murmured.

Jim took both her hands in his and looked at her, his eyes full of so much love she almost felt weak. “Pam,” he said quietly, “I’m in love with you. I need you to know that.”

She looked up at him with eyes that were a little damp with tears. How had she ever said no, I can’t, you misinterpreted? With those eyes of his, and his hair curling around his ears, and his mouth always ready to smile, always ready to say exactly the words she needed to hear?

“Jim, I’m so glad. I love you too.”

With her words, she felt the circle close. All the misunderstandings, the hurt, the tears, the lonely nights wondering. Her words had brought the circle around fully, and they could now start again. Fresh. A true do-over.

Jim smiled softly at her, and then lowered his head to meet her lips. His kiss was soft, tender, saying everything that was between them and more. She kissed him back, sighing softly into his mouth as if she was coming home.
___________________________________
Jim hadn’t been sure if she’d think the parking lot idea was lame or romantic, but he couldn’t stop himself. He’d come by this afternoon to check that his swipe card worked on the gate. He figured that at least she’d think it was cute. But now that they’d stood there and said the words, he knew there was no other way. He felt like everything in the past was truly past. It was part of them still, but not their whole story.

He’d been waiting all evening to kiss her, and when he’d leaned in and she’d kissed him back, he thought his heart might come out of his chest. But when she’d given that little sigh and leaned in closer, his mind turned off and his body took over. He tightened his arms around her, pulling her soft body close to his. Her hands went around his neck, slipping under the collar of his shirt. He deepened the kiss, tentatively sliding his tongue against her lips. In response she opened to him even more, letting her tongue touch his softly and moving just a little closer.

They might have kissed for five minutes or an hour, who could know. It was as if their mouths, which had done so much talking to each other, needed to get acquainted at a whole new level. His hands went into her hair, loving the feel of the silky strands. She pulled his head closer to her, tangling her fingers in his hair. He moaned softly, loving how it felt.

He pulled her tighter still, letting his hands roam her back and down over her hips. He knew he needed to keep the lid on this, but damn, she felt so good. In all his dreams of her, he never knew exactly how she would feel, and now that he did, he knew he could never have done it justice with his imagination.

When she sucked his tongue into her mouth, he groaned and moved his hands to her ass and pulled her closer, beyond thinking about control, past thinking about being gentle. She responded by sliding her thigh between his and grinding just the tiniest bit against his hardness, and he felt like he might explode from that alone. Just at that moment, a siren sounded loudly on the street outside the parking lot, speeding past to an emergency somewhere else.

The noise broke the reverie of their kiss, and they pulled apart, eyes slowly opening, both laughing a little nervously. Jim brought his forehead down to rest against hers. “Holy shit, Pam, what was that?” he asked quietly.

“I think it was an ambulance or something”, she answered.

“I didn’t mean the noise. I meant what just happened here? I think I felt the earth move.”

Pam giggled. “Me too. I had no idea it could be like that…that it could feel like that.” She fell quiet, thinking she should be feeling shy but only wanting to keep holding him.

“I’ve thought about what it would be like with you so many times, but that was so much more than I ever dreamed. You’re amazing.” Jim wrapped his arms around her and held her close, feeling her snuggle against him. They fit together so perfectly.

After a few long moments Jim slowly pulled away. “I think that’s the best do-over I ever had”, he said softly, leading her back to the car.

End Notes:
I just re-watched Job Fair and watched the scene where Jim kisses Pam in the office a few times over. You know, for research purposes. ;-)
Sunday Morning on Memory Lane by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
This one is super-short...I'm sorry about that. But I know you love the suspense. :-)

Pam woke up late on Sunday morning, the sun streaming around her curtains. She stretched happily, having slept better than she had in months. She cuddled back into her blankets and closed her eyes to relive everything that had happened the night before.

They’d left the Dunder Mifflin parking lot, closing the gates behind them. Jim held her hand as he drove, leaning over to kiss her at every red light. When they got to her apartment, he’d parked and then turned to her, running his hand gently down her face, sliding his fingertips down her neck while she shivered with pleasure. Then he’d kissed her again, and just as things were starting to get heated, he’d pulled away slowly.

“Pam”, he said, looking deep in her eyes. “I think that this is pretty much the best Saturday night – no the best night – I’ve ever had.”

Pam smiled quietly back at him. “Me too. I had no idea I could feel like this. Being with you is so easy, and yet so…”, she looked at the ceiling, trying to find the right words.

“I know”, he said. “I know exactly what you mean.”

“Good thing we both speak the same language”, she smiled. “The one that doesn’t use full sentences.”

He smiled his crooked smile and reached out to stroke one of her curls.

“The thing is, Pam, I don’t want tonight to end, but I also don’t want to rush this…this thing between us. As crazy as it sounds, now that we’ve figured out how to be together, it feels like we have so much time to just…be.”

Pam was already nodding as he spoke. “I know. Part of me wants to just take it slow and really enjoy this. I haven’t been in a new relationship in a long time, maybe ever.” She ducked her head, a little nervous. “I’m not even sure what’s supposed to happen, but I want to just have every bit of that with you.”

“What about the other part?” asked Jim.

“What do you mean?” Pam looked puzzled.

“You said, ‘part of you wants to take it slow’. What’s the other part?”

“Oh, well….” Pam smiled a shyly and sort of looked away. “The other part wants to invite you in and see if we can make the earth move in my apartment like we did in the parking lot.”

She couldn’t help but laugh out loud at the look on Jim’s face. His expression was a mixture of shock, awe and lust.


“Wow Beesley, I had no idea you were that kind of girl” he smiled and touched her face, so she’d know he was teasing. “I’m a little speechless. But I feel the same way.”

He moved closer and kissed her softly, just barely brushing his lips against hers in the most tantalizing way she’d ever been kissed. When he pulled back his eyes were hazy and intense. The air between them crackled with electricity, and she could feel them ready to fall into the chasm of desire at their feet.

Jim spoke, “Let me walk you to the door.”

At her door, they’d kissed again, but they were both restrained, knowing that it was way too easy to get ahead of themselves. Finally, Jim pulled back and said, “OK, if the first part of you is going to get her way, I need to go.”

They’d made plans to go for a walk on Sunday afternoon, so Pam knew she had a few hours to pass before he arrived. She got up slowly and stood staring at the rumpled bed. Then, with a tiny smile, she pulled off the sheets and took them to the washing machine. She wasn’t admitting to herself that Jim might end up there today, but she wasn’t going to take any chances either.

End Notes:
Sigh. 
Sunday Afternoon Delight, Part 1 by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:

Steam alert! 

I have no claim or ownership over these characters. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Pam was ready when Jim arrived, and they didn’t linger in her apartment, both of them aware of the temptation of being alone. They headed to a wooded park nearby, talking easily all the way.

Jim had slept better the night before than he had in months, maybe even years. The weight of heartbreak and despair he’d been living with so long had lifted. Pam loved him. She loved him. She wanted to be with him. It was the most incredible thing that had ever happened to him.

He’d woken with Pam on his mind, which meant taking some extra alone time in the shower to take care of things. He couldn’t keep his thoughts from going back to how it felt to kiss her. How her body felt in his arms. How she responded to him. He still wanted to take it slow with her, but his body had a different idea of what that meant.

He was in disbelief that everything was happening as it was. Even though he and Pam had spent a lot of time apart in the past year, and not really together even when they were in the same space, it didn’t feel that way. It felt instead as if no time had passed. The do-over in the parking lot seemed to work a kind of magic, making the months in between seem like an unpleasant dream sequence.

And that chemistry between them. He’d felt it with her before, but it had never been allowed to bubble and boil like it had last night. Holy shit, he felt like he lost all reasonable thought when he was touching her. Her kisses weren’t tentative or shy like he thought they might be. Instead it felt like she was aggressively staking her claim on him every time their mouths met. She seemed to lose all her natural reticence when they were alone, not only physically, but in the way she expressed herself too. ‘Make the earth move in my apartment’. Wow, he had NOT been ready for that. He was finding out that there was even more to the girl of his dreams than he’d realized.

He’d managed to keep his promise of leaving her at her door last night, but not without strong restraint. He wondered what today would bring.
____________________________________
As they walked along holding hands, chatting, the sun shining overhead, Pam didn’t think she’d ever spent a more perfect Sunday.

“So, you were pretty mad on Friday,” Jim stated.

Pam hesitated, then answered, “Yeah, I guess I was. I’m not sure what happened. I guess I just had enough of your shit.” She smiled mischievously at him, waiting for his reaction.

“Wow,” Jim said as he stopped walking and turned to look at her. “My ‘shit’ huh?” His tone was fake angry, and the corners of his mouth were twitching to let her know he was playing.

“Yup. I wasn’t getting through to you any other way, so you left me no other choice.”

Jim smiled at her then. “Yeah, I was being a bit of an ass. I think we’ve already covered that topic.”

“But see, thanks to losing my temper, you’re MY ass now.”

She grinned and held her tongue between her teeth in just about the cutest way Jim had ever seen. He stepped toward her, put his arms around her, and playfully squeezed her butt in his hands. “I thought this was your ass,” he smiled down at her. Then he slid his hands down her arms to clasp her hands and kissed her softly.

There were few people on the path, and Jim took advantage of their privacy to stop occasionally and kiss her. After a few stops like this, he took her hand, and led her into the trees.

They walked far enough off the path that no one could see them, and then Jim stopped and looked down at her, that intense mix of love and desire burning in his eyes. He walked her to a nearby tree, leaned her back against it, and rested one hand on the trunk just above her head. With his eyes pinned on hers, his other hand traced a line along her jaw and down her throat, stopping to caress the skin on her collarbone. Pam gasped, her tongue unconsciously coming out to lick her lips. Jim groaned, and lowered his mouth to hers.

As the kiss deepened, Pam pulled his body closer, feeling the muscles of his back through his shirt. His hands held her head gently as his mouth claimed her, his tongue exploring hers. Pinned between the wide tree trunk behind her and Jim’s body, Pam could feel his hardness pressing against her belly, and she moaned into the kiss. She slid her thigh against him like she had the night before, seeking some relief from the ache between her legs. She twined her hands into his hair and pulled gently, hearing him moan deep in his throat.

Jim pressed closer, not able to resist the feel of her body and the sounds she was making. The scent of her hair and the taste of her mouth were intoxicating. He broke the kiss long enough to bring his mouth to her neck, moving her hair aside and tasting her skin with his lips, kissing his way to her ear where he gently nipped her lobe. She drew her breath in with a hiss, grasping his back and tipping her head to give him better access. He nibbled up the outside of her ear, letting his warm breath heat her skin.

He pulled away slowly and gazed at her. Her lips were swollen, her cheeks were pink and her hair a little windblown. “You’re so beautiful,” he breathed.

Pam looked at him, at his eyes full of love, his jaw with just a hint of stubble, his hair tousled where she’d run her fingers through it. He looked so sexy. She didn’t think she’d ever been this turned on, and certainly Roy had never made her respond like this. That thing Jim just did to her ear? She hadn’t even known that her ears were sensitive until Jim had used his teeth and tongue to bring them to life. She’d imagined having sex with Jim, but now she realized that she didn’t even know all the delicious things he could do to her. She’d been having such basic fantasies about him, and Jim’s skills were clearly far beyond basic.

She suddenly couldn’t remember why she thought it would be better to take it slow. This was Jim. She’d known him for years, and they’d already waited so long to be together. And she wanted him so much. Why was she waiting?

“Jim, you know how we talked last night about taking things slow?”

Jim smiled and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, figuring she was going to tell him he needed to back off a bit. “Yeah, I remember,” he answered.

“Well, I changed my mind.”

Jim’s eyes widened, and his face showed his surprise. “Really? What changed?”

This time Pam leaned in, ran her fingers along his jaw, feeling the stubble there, and whispered, “The way you kiss me. It’s like nothing I’ve ever felt before. It was your kiss on casino night that woke me up to how I felt about you. And now it tells me how much you love me. Nobody has ever made me feel like this.” She blushed a little but held his gaze. “I love your kisses, Jim, and I want more.” She brought her lips to his and got lost for a few moments.

When they separated, Jim spoke in a low voice, its roughness betraying how he felt. “Pam, believe me, I’m happy to go wherever you want to lead, but I don’t want to rush you.”

Pam smiled at him. He was so perfect. How had she gotten so lucky? “You’re not rushing me. But how about this? If I feel rushed, I’ll let you know.”

Jim nodded his agreement, his eyes fixed on hers. She took his hand, led him back to the path, and back toward the car.
Sunday Afternoon Delight Part 2 by SprinklesTheCat
Author's Notes:
The grand finale. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
When they arrived back at Pam’s apartment, she fumbled a little with the key. Once they were inside, she wasn’t sure what to do next.

“Do you want a drink or something?” she asked Jim.

He reached out and took her hand, looking deep into her eyes. “No”, he answered simply. “Do you?”

“No, I don’t,” she answered, her eyes never leaving his. She took his hand and led him to her bedroom, not allowing herself to think about hesitating or being nervous.

When they reached the bedroom, Jim put his arms around her and looked at her with a serious expression. “Pam, I love you so much. I can’t believe I’m so lucky to be here with you. But listen sweetheart” - and here Pam’s heart swelled with joy, because no one had ever called her sweetheart. Roy’s pet names were limited to the hated Pammy, or babe. As in ‘babe, get me another beer while you’re up’.

Jim continued, “Sweetheart, I don’t want you to do anything today, or ever, that you don’t want to do. We can stop anytime you want to. Anytime.” Here Jim reached up and touched her face gently with the back of his hand. The gesture had so much love and care in it that it left Pam breathless.

“Jim, I’m exactly where I want to be right now. I could never feel anything but safe with you. I love you.” She rose up on her tiptoes, pulled his head toward her and kissed him. His arms went around her, and they fell into the magic of the kiss.

Pam’s bedroom was small but tidy. The mostly-closed curtains meant it was dimly lit, even though the sun was shining brightly outside. Her bed was comfortable with lots of pillows, and freshly made thanks to her busy morning.

Jim loved kissing her, but he wanted her to set the pace, no matter how slow it was. When he felt her slide her hands under his shirt and up his back, he couldn’t help but gasp softly. He broke the kiss and tucked his face into her neck, enjoying the feeling of her hands caressing his skin. When she pushed up on his shirt, he took the hint and pulled it over his head in one swift motion, letting it drop to the floor. Pam stepped back a tiny bit, and looked at him, her hands still on his body.

“Enjoying the view?” he whispered, smiling at her.

“You have no idea,” she whispered back. “I’ve pictured you without a shirt so many times, I couldn’t wait to see what it was really like.”

Before Jim could react to the mind-blowing news that she’d pictured him shirtless, her hands were sliding over his chest, her thumbs brushing his nipples, making him inhale sharply with surprise. She smiled a tiny smile, and then guided him to sit on the edge of her bed. She stood between his legs, her hands on his shoulders. She bent down and kissed where his neck met his shoulder, biting gently and then kissing her way up his neck to his mouth.
Jim’s hands went to her waist, sliding under her shirt and feeling her soft, warm skin. His hands moved up her sides and around to the front, cupping her breasts through her bra. She sighed his name, which he took as encouragement. His thumbs found her hard nipples and stroked them through the satin cups. She moaned and gripped his shoulders. He slid his hands up her arms and with her help, pulled her shirt over her head and dropped it to the floor.

He leaned back to look at her. He almost shook his head in wonder to imagine that he was in Pam’s bedroom, undressing her – and being undressed by her. Her breasts were full and round, the nipples pushing against the cream satin of her bra.

“Enjoying the view?” she whispered with a smile.

“You have no idea,” Jim breathed, meeting her eyes. “You’re so beautiful. Gorgeous. Sexy. I can’t believe I’m here with you. I love you so much.”

“I love you too. And I think it’s time you got out of those jeans.” Pam was smiling at him, biting her tongue between her teeth.

“You know, in all my fantasies about you, I never imagined you being so bossy,” he teased her.

“You’ll have to tell me about these fantasies.”

“Mmmm…” Jim murmured, “I’d rather show you.”

He stood up long enough to take off his jeans - “Your wish is my command” he whispered. Before he knew it, Pam had pulled off her own jeans and was standing in front of him in tiny cream-coloured panties that matched her bra. He shook his head and smiled. “Way better than any fantasy” he said. Then he sat on the edge of the bed again and pulled her to stand between his legs. Pam bent forward to kiss him, lightly at first, sliding her tongue along his bottom lip and then gently nipping his lip with her teeth.

Things started to happen quickly then, or so it seemed to Pam. Still kissing her, Jim’s hands started to roam her bottom, squeezing her ass and unhooking her bra. She impatiently pushed it aside and watched as his eyes feasted on her bare breasts. Then his mouth was on one nipple while his hand caressed and stroked the other. She’d already been wet and aching, but now her awareness was reduced to only sensation. She didn’t think she’d ever get enough of the attention Jim was giving her breasts. She could feel herself beginning to lose control, and her last coherent thought was that Jim was really, really good in bed.

Jim would admit, after a few drinks or in the right company, that he was a breast man. They didn’t need to be a certain size or shape, he just couldn’t get enough of them. And the fact that these particular breasts were attached to Pam made them absolutely perfect. He stopped thinking and just let his mouth wander from one to the other, his tongue swirling around the pink tip before sucking gently. He pulled his mouth away and blew lightly on the wet skin and watched it pucker even further, hearing her moan. But it was when he gently bit her nipple that things changed. Suddenly Pam was straddling his thigh, grinding against him and moaning his name while her hands gripped his shoulders. He looked at her to see her head thrown back, eyes closed. That sight, combined with feeling how wet she was made Jim realize that if he didn’t slow things down, it could end very quickly.

Pam felt Jim wrap his arms around her and lift her so she was lying on the bed. She opened her eyes and found him above her, gazing down at her like he wanted to…devour her. She was surprised to find that she didn’t feel shy. She didn’t want to cover herself. She wanted to let Jim see her, every inch of her. Her eyes wandered lower, to the bulge in his snug boxer briefs, and then back to his face, to find him smiling at her.

“You ok?” he whispered.

“More than ok,” she replied. “What’s happening?”

“Well,” Jim said slowly, “I think I’m just going to enjoy looking at you for a minute, if that’s ok."

“Definitely, as long as you don’t mind me looking at you right back.”

“Well, you seemed to be undressing me with your eyes a few seconds ago Beesley,” he teased.

“Wouldn’t take much effort at this point,” she smiled.

Jim smiled that crooked smile of his and reached out to brush a strand of hair from her face. He leaned down and kissed her, that slow, feathery kind of kiss that seemed to be one of his specialities.

“You’re so gorgeous,” he whispered. “I love being here with you, and I really want to keep touching you. Is that ok?”

“Yes,” she whispered back, pulling him down beside her.

This should have felt weird, being in bed with Jim, almost naked, touching, kissing. But instead it felt like the most natural thing Pam had ever done. Having sex with Roy had never felt like this. It felt like Jim was worshipping her. His kisses and touches lit her on fire. If she’d been able to think straight, she would have realized she’d never been as turned on as she was right now.

As they kissed, Jim’s hand wandered across her breasts, cupping and gently squeezing first one, then the other. He leaned forward and hovered, lowering his mouth so slowly onto her nipple that she thought she might scream. He swirled his tongue and gently sucked, then moved to the other breast and repeated the tantalizingly slow movement. Pam moaned and squirmed against the bed. He moved one of his legs on top of hers to hold her gently in place as his hand moved toward her panties. Slipping his fingers in through the side, he slid one finger into her wet slit and sighed with pleasure. His fingers brushed her clit and Pam moaned again, crooning his name. He brought his finger to his mouth and sucked it. “Mmmm, Pam, you taste so good.”

“Please,” she moaned, writhing against the bed.

“Please what?” he asked quietly, his voice low.

“Please…touch me…with your mouth…if you want to…” Pam whispered tentatively. She wasn’t used to saying what she wanted in bed, but she couldn’t stop herself.

“Pam, you have no idea how much I want to,” Jim breathed into her ear, before sliding down the bed and kneeling between her legs. He got rid of her panties in one smooth motion. Then he looked up at her, his eyes dark. He slipped his finger between her slick folds and brought his mouth directly to her clit. Pam’s hips lifted off the bed and she murmured, “Oh my God” as Jim’s tongue firmly circled her aching bud. After a few moments, he moved lower, licking her wetness and sliding his tongue inside her. Pam couldn’t stop moaning. Her hips were rocking slowly up and down and she was gripping the sheets with both hands. Jim’s tongue was the most amazing thing she’d ever felt. He went back to her clit, using his tongue and lips in expert motions, and then he put first one finger, then two inside her. That’s when she screamed his name. He looked up at her, met her eyes, his fingers working their magic.

“Pam, sweetheart, I would love to hear you come.”

That was all Pam needed. She closed her eyes and slipped over the edge, moaning his name.

When she opened her eyes again, Jim had shucked off his underwear, and was lying beside her, stroking her hair.

“You’re amazing,” he whispered, smiling at her. For years he’d wanted to do what he’d just done to her. The way she’d responded, that he’d made her come so easily, was kind of blowing his mind.

“You’re the amazing one,” she smiled back. “I didn’t know you had so many hidden talents.” She reached between them, any shyness she had completely gone, and stroked his hard length, loving the moan she heard from him. “Jim, I want you inside me,” she whispered.

“Are you sure?” he asked cautiously, wanting more than anything to feel her around him but still wanting to make sure she was ready.

“Yes, please, now,” she murmured.

Jim didn’t need any more encouragement. Shifting so he was above her, he slowly slid inside her, groaning deep in his throat as her hot wetness surrounded him. Pam wrapped her arms and legs around him. “Oh Jim, you feel soooo good,” she moaned, as he started to thrust in and out. With each stroke, the room filled with their moans and sighs.

Finally Jim met her eyes and held her gaze. “Pam, I love you so much,” he told her. “I love you too,” she whispered. Jim groaned, thrust deeper than before and shuddered as he came.

Slowly, they came to rest side by side, Jim holding her while she snuggled against his chest, letting her body melt into his arms. She had never, ever, felt like this. Her whole body was vibrating with the aftershocks of being with him.

For Jim’s part, he felt like he was in a waking dream. He’d just made love to Pam, and she seemed to have enjoyed it. Hell, he knew she’d enjoyed it. He’d imagined this so many times, but he’d almost given up on it ever being a reality.

He looked down at her to find her smiling. “Hey,” he whispered, “Whatcha thinking?”

Pam turned her head slightly to look at him. “I’m thinking that this all started with you telling me that you were pretty sure I’d end up back with Roy. I had no intention of getting back with him, and now I can guarantee I will never, ever be with Roy again.”

Jim chuckled softly at her adamant tone. “Good. Because I don’t plan to ever let you go.”
End Notes:
Thank you for reading!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5580