- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is just a really weird, stream of consciousness type fic. Just a bunch of random thoughts Pam has during "Ben Franklin".

 

The Office and it's characters do not belong to me.

How could you tell her it was just a kiss? You know it was more than that. I know it was more than that.

Pam stared at the back of Jim's neck. It looked a bit red, probably because he had been rubbing it all day. He slouched over his desk, tired and worn out. She had felt sorry for him before, but now she didn't care. She hoped he didn't sleep for weeks.

I was happy. Or I was going to be. And you decided to tell me you were in love with me. You turned my whole world upside down, as corny as that sounds, and then when I said I couldn't be with you, you left. You left. Why couldn't you have stayed? Was it that hard? We couldn't have been friends? I missed you so much.


Pam tried to concentrate on typing up a memo, but her eyes kept moving up towards the kitchen where Jim and Karen were laughing. He was standing right next to her, leaning against the counter, and she was leaning into him. Pam felt her stomach sink when she thought they were close enough to kiss.

Okay, it is that hard. I want to move to Stamford right now, for crying out loud. But you left me. And when you came back, you were over me. Damn it, Jim. I called off my wedding for you. I tried to call you every day, but I thought you hated me too much to want to talk. I thought about driving there to see you, and thought that was crazy. When I heard you were coming back, I felt happier than when Roy had set the wedding date.

Pam rolled her eyes and pressed her forehead against the vending machine. She didn't even want a damn snack, she had just decided to run in to the break room when she saw him go in.

Who the hell flirts over the topic of sleep? What was I saying? You make me feel like an idiot.

“Hey, Pam. Um, can you shred this for me? Sensitive material, there.” Jim said with a wink and a smile front of her desk.

Pam forced her mouth to smile back and watched as he slowly made his way back to his desk.

Your smile still makes my heart race. I wake up every day hoping you'll have an excuse to come over to my desk. I hate you for this.


She felt his hands on hers, as he looked into her eyes. He's face had defeat written all over it, as he asked if she was really going to marry him. When she said yes, his hands slipped out of hers and she resisted the urge to pull him back, hold him close and keep him forever.

I shouldn't have let you go.

We've traded places and it hurts. I guess it was just a crush after all.



katrina87 is the author of 14 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans