- Text Size +
Story Notes:
These are all written in the second person. I hope you like it. It's just another Jim in Stamford fic. Soory about the pronoun games I played here. tell me if it too hard to follow. Each Chapter title is a song. I'll credit the artist at the top of each one.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam In the Second Person

"I’m going to turn and walk away. You wait til I am far along. Then run and come and catch my arm and say you’d die if I were gone. Yes I’m going to turn and walk away. You can watch me go or you can make me stay."-- Ani Difranco

"Jim, I just want you to know I’m ready to be the more than that you wanted. And I can wait until you’re ready too."

The words had left her so easily. Probably because she had practiced and analyzed every word for months. She had planned everything. The long drive to Stamford. The way he would open the door and his happiness would shine through his shock. His arms would be warm as they pulled her into a tight hug. He wouldn’t need the words but she would give them to him anyway. The smile that captivated her for years would be wider than she’d ever seen it. He would wear it even as the kissed. He would be so happy he couldn’t stop smiling. She would finally feel loved after so long. She had it all planned. But the one thing she hadn’t planned for was her.

Her with her flowing tousled hair that fell onto slender shoulders. Her with her legs that went on for days. Her covering herself only in a dress shirt, the one he had worn that night so long ago. Her with her smile. Her with her beauty. Her with him.

"Jim?" she squeaked

He came to the door. His chest bare and glowing. His face shocked. A shock that held no happiness shining behind. He gave her a quick nod and all at once the beauty that was her disappeared. They were alone on the porch now. His girl behind the door. He waited for an explanation. His eyes demanded one.

Her words came out all at once. They were met by silence. The only thing she heard were the heavy falling of her feet as she ran away from him and the clicking of the door shut behind him as he didn’t try to stop her.

She held her tears all the way home. She only let them fall when she walked into her empty apartment and saw the little flashing one on her answering machine. His voice was strained and cracking but it was his. It was him say three words. It was him saying "Pam, please wait."

So more waiting. She could do that.

Chapter End Notes:

Lemme know what ya think.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans