86 [Reviews - 348] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary: Member's Choice - Pam thought she was throwing these letters away. But what happens when your garbage doesn't stay in the garbage? Set mid-season 3.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim, Other, Pam
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes
Word count: 47299 Read: 181890 ePub Downloads: 33
Published: March 25, 2007 Updated: April 01, 2008
[Report This]
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I realize I've been lax about saying that I don't own any of this, but sadly that doesn't make it any less true. I own nothing except the additional fictional characters, so anyone you recognize from the actual show, is definitely not my property.

eta: I'm changing the chapter titles! They're now from the lyrics to (appropriately) Dreamgirl by Dave Matthews Band.

1. the deep end... by Azlin [Reviews - 43] 11 (1397 words)

2. here you come again! by Azlin [Reviews - 10] 3 (1521 words)

So I didn't hear from anyone who thought this story should have ended with the first chapter, but if you did think that then please feel free to just pretend that Marsha really did throw away those letters the next morning.

For everyone else...

3. I thought how nice it'd be by Azlin [Reviews - 10] 2 (2089 words)
This chapter is dedicated to my real life co-workers who managed to sequester themselves in our conference room all afternoon while I stayed out to answer the phones and write this. Oh, and I guess they also had some big meeting scheduled to decide the fate of our company, or something.

4. I watched you asleep by Azlin [Reviews - 15] 1 (1802 words)

Posted without a beta due to lack of response over at TwoP. Sorry if it sucks, but I had to get it out there so I could move on with my life. Unlike Jim, patience is not my forte.

And I still own nothing, except my extreme desire for Thursday night to come faster than the laws of physics will allow. Someone should really do something about those pesky laws.

5. you're like my best friend by Azlin [Reviews - 19] 2 (2071 words)

Great big thanks to my amazing betas for this chapter: GreenFish, BoBerin and WildBerryJam! You have no idea how much it helped. And also thanks to everyone who has reviewed. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

6. just as I find my footing by Azlin [Reviews - 17] 2 (2731 words)
Another big thanks to my fabulous betas BoBerin, GreenFish and WildBerryJam, any mistakes still in there are entirely my own stubborn fault.

7. I was dreaming, I was dreaming of a dreamgirl by Azlin [Reviews - 17] 2 (2837 words)
Big thanks, as always, to my betas WildBerryJam, GreenFish, BoBerin (miss you!), and this chapter's guest-starring beta: pampongchamp! You guys are the best!

8. I was feeling like a creep by Azlin [Reviews - 14] 1 (2981 words)

This chapter would not have been possible without my amazing betas WildBerryJam and GreenFish. Thanks for putting up with me while I got this all worked out!

9. and I'd dig my way home by Azlin [Reviews - 16] 3 (2731 words)

Many thanks to my betas WildBerryJam and GreenFish! And to everyone who has reviewed: you really do make my day! :) Thanks for everything.

I still own nothing. In case there was any confusion. Oh, except... I guess I own Marsha, but unless she has plans to come to life and clean the bathroom for me, I can't really see the benefit of having her as my private property.

10. still you're my best friend by Azlin [Reviews - 21] 3 (2526 words)

I hope there are still a few people out there who remember this story. I want to thank my betas BoBerin, WildBerryJam, GreenFish and invis for all their help and for just being really cool people.

And in case you've forgotten, Marsha's on a plane and Pam's letters are in the mail on their way to Jim.

11. caught by a wave, my back to the ocean by Azlin [Reviews - 13] 3 (2627 words)

I'm running out of creative ways to say thank you to my beta's but that doesn't mean I appreciate them any less. GreenFish, BoBerin, WildBerryJam, and invis, you've all been incredibly kind and patient and I'm so grateful.

Thanks also to those who have reviewed. I love reading your comments!

12. unless of course I was already there by Azlin [Reviews - 15] 5 (2863 words)
I have the world's coolest betas. It's a fact. Kudos to invis, GreenFish, WildBerryJam, and BoBerin for giving this chapter the love and attention it needed.

13. the greedy men who ruled the world by Azlin [Reviews - 30] 8 (2769 words)

Sorry the updates have been a little slower lately. I promise this story will be finished, even if it takes longer than you'd like.

Thanks again to my betas, GreenFish, invis, BoBerin, and WildBerryJam. I love you for all your comments and for all the times you add in the commas I forgot.

Oh, and I know there's been some debate about Jim's age, but I'm going with the wikipedia page that says he's twenty-eight at the beginning of the series. That'll be important in this chapter.

14. it knocks me off my feet by Azlin [Reviews - 25] 8 (3121 words)
Many thanks to my betas: invis, WildberryJam, GreenFish, and BoBerin! And thanks to everyone who has reviewed. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

15. to follow the sweat down your spine by Azlin [Reviews - 23] 6 (2881 words)

Thanks as always to my betas: invis (Sorry I went ahead without your final beta. Hope you don't mind!), BoBerin, and WildBerryJam. And special credit goes to GreenFish. This chapter would never have turned out so well without her!

And thanks also to those who've reviewed! I sincerely appreciate your support. ;)

16. after a deep sleep by Azlin [Reviews - 24] 4 (3086 words)

First off, I am SO sorry, that it's taken me so long to update. I've been feeling so guilty. But I hope there are still a few readers who will think it was worth the wait.

Thanks as always to my awesome betas, GreenFish, invis and WildBerryJam and a special thanks to EmilyHalpert for all her support! ;)

And finally, the biggest thanks goes to everyone who has taken the time to review this story. I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that you've enjoyed it so far!

17. you and me wake up by Azlin [Reviews - 8] 4 (3705 words)

At long last here it is, folks. I can't tell you how guilty I felt about making you wait so long, but I really hope you'll think it was worth it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this. Readers, reviewers, friends, and especially my betas: GreenFish, MixedBerryJam, BoBerin, Invis, and EmilyHalpert. You all rock.

There is an epilogue coming, too, but I'm making no promises on when. However, you can consider the story complete after this chapter--mostly. The epilogue will just tie up a few loose ends.

18. epilogue by Azlin [Reviews - 13] 8 (2997 words)
Many thanks to my awesome betas, EmilyHalpert, GreenFish, and WildBerryJam. And thanks also to the many other people who helped this story along. You know who you are, and you know I lobe you long tim.

19. bad!fic ending by Azlin [Reviews - 7] 7 (564 words)

In the spirit of April Fool's, I've decided to resurrect this "original" ending to The Garbage Can Letters. A few people may remember this chapter from the first time it appeared for a few days last year. Basically what happened was that around chapter 8 I got frustrated with this story and with a few other things in my life, and I decided to take out my frustrations on my story. So this bad!fic chapter fits in sometime around chapter 7 or 8. ;)