- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally my extensive knowledge of soap opera storylines pays off! Put in your own dramatic organ music at will. :) Oh, and I don’t own the Days of our Lives or Office characters mentioned in this story, either.

"You shouldn’t be here." Jim said, closing the door behind him. He walked into his apartment to see Pam standing there, playing with her wedding ring. "What will Roy think?"

"I never should have married Roy." She whimpered, turning away from Jim. "When it’s you I love."

He put a hand on her shoulder, and she swung around to look at him. "I want you, Jim." Then she pulled his shirt until their faces are pressed into one another. He doesn’t want to mention it, but he can tell that she is drunk.

"We can’t do this." He whispered, pulling away. She looks up at him with serious eyes. "You’re married."

She slipped the wedding ring off her finger. "For one night, let’s pretend I’m not." He is putty in her hands when she leads him into his bedroom.

***

"Are you sure?"

She nodded slowly.

"Is it mine?"

"I don’t know."

He sat down, unable to take this news.

"I think I’m going to stay with Roy."

All the breath is knocked out of him.

"I’m sorry." She said, as he walked away. She didn’t know what she was supposed to do, and now she’s lost her best friend.

***

The DNA results are in, Mrs. Anderson.

It would seem that Jim is the father of your baby.

"We need to talk." She exclaimed, finally catching Jim at the top of the stairs.

"About what?"

"Sam. He’s yours."

He stopped, and looked at Pam.

"Have you told Roy yet?"

She shook her head no.

"Typical." He scoffs. "That is just typical Pam, right there. Do whatever she wants, regardless of who gets hurt in the process." He stormed off, and Pam went to follow him.

As she put her foot on the second step, she tripped and tumbled down the two flights of stairs. She lay limp at Jim’s feet, as he screamed for somebody to call an ambulance.

***

"I’m afraid it’s worse than we thought." Dr. Gold said, looking down at his clipboard. "It would seem that Pam here is suffering from amnesia."

"So she has no idea who we are." Jim said, letting the idea of Pam’s memory gone. All their memories, kisses, tears, joys, just gone like that. "Doctor, is there anything we can do?"

"There’s no way of knowing if the memory loss is temporary or permanent. Just slowly let her learn her life again."

***

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam..." She spoke slowly, trying to understand why she would want to repeat this, over and over again. It had been two weeks since she had been in the hospital, and her divorce had just been finalized.

"I brought you lunch." Jim said with a smile, bringing two plates over.

"Thank you." She said, once her phone call was over. She took the contents of her plate—grilled cheese. All the memories flooded back to her. "Jim, I love your grilled cheese."

"But I’ve never made it..." He said, then realized mid-sentence what that meant.

"Pam, you’re back!" He exclaimed, running around the desk to her. She leapt into his arms, and kissed him passionately.

"You know our happiness is short-lived, right?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Who cares? We have each other." And she proceeded to knocking all the papers off her desk, not caring who was watching.

***

Roy raised the barrel of his gun until it lined up perfectly with Jim’s head.

"I knew I should’ve killed you when I had the chance."

"Roy, NOOOO!!!!!"

He shot a total of three times before Jim fell down to the floor. Pam rushed to his side, cradling his body.

"Please, don’t leave me Jim! We have our whole life to live! Don’t do this to me!!! NOOO!!!"

***

Pam cried her eyes out at the funeral, holding their son tighter than ever before. When the priest was done saying a prayer for Jim, a ruggedly handsome friend of Jim’s came up to Pam and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Jim was a great man. I’m Stephan." He shook her hand, and she was immediately smitten.

***

"This is so exciting Pam! You’re getting married to Stephan tomorrow!" Kelly exclaimed, downing another martini at Pam’s bachelor party. They were in the Chili’s for some unknown reason, and suddenly a person caught Pam’s eye.

"I’ve been looking for you." He walked up to her, and she couldn’t believe herself.

"Jim?"

***

"So let me get this straight. The Jim that was murdered was a body double placed by the DiMera family to destroy our relationship and make it so Stefano could kidnap our son and raise him as his own?"

"Yes Pam, now let’s get back to the important stuff. You have no idea how long I’ve gone without your touch. Your kiss. I miss every inch of you, Pam Beesly." He said, kissing the small of her neck.

"But I can’t, Jim. I’m getting married tomorrow."

"To Stephan, I know. He’s part of the DiMera regime. He was the one who orchestrated this whole murder to get you to marry him."

"But Jim, I love Stephan. He would never hurt me."

"Wake up, Pam! He’s going to marry you, take your son, and kill you. I heard him say it myself."

"Do you love me?"

"What?"

"Do you love me, Jim?"

"Of course I love you."

"Alright. Let’s go." She said pulling his hand. They were driving to Vegas so they could elope, when their car was struck by an oncoming truck.

***

"She’s in a coma?"

"I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do for her now. I’m sorry Mr. Halpert."

***

When the doctor went to pull the plug, a miracle happened.

Brain activity showed up on the map. Pam wasn’t brain dead anymore—she was fine. She could have a full life with her wonderful son, and her fiancé Jim.

"I told you our life was like a soap opera!" Jim exclaimed as Pam woke up, and they did it in the hospital bed.

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think (any errors, mistakes, comments, criticism, you know the deal by now!)


WildBerryJam is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Days of Our Lives in Scranton also liked 242 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans