- Text Size +

Notes: Just one of those random little ideas that pops in your head when you’re trying to go to sleep. 

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Office, I don’t own Europe. 

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

They lie with their stomachs pressed flat to her living room floor, together turning the glossy pages in front of them.  Bright sunny photographs and bold fonts fight for their attention, smaller words below boast of spectacular views and amazing weather.

 

When he turns the next page she lets out a little breath and nudges his shoulder with hers.  “Ooh, Jim, what about Venice?”

 

 Her curly hair glows she stands with the sun setting behind her in San Marco.  Quiet exclamations ricochet off the walls next to them when their gondola wobbles back and forth in the water.  Eyes light up as thousands of birds circle above the square in front of her.  It’s almost right. 

 

“No, not Venice,” he answers, flipping to the next page.  “It smells in the summer.”

 

“Okay… Florence?”  The glint from her left hand as she gestures is enough for them both to stop and smile.

 

Her small hands move swiftly across the blank page, recreating the best works in every one of the museums he would take her to.  Lips are warm as he kisses her atop the Campanile di Giotto with the city spread out beneath their feet.  As the light fades he leads her back to their hotel, tasting gelato on her tongue.

 

“That’s not right either.”

 

She smiles across from him at a café in Paris, hands quietly folded in front of her coffee.  Her hair is twisted into knots by the wind on Lake Geneva when she sits on the deck of the boat.  Eyes water and mouth contorts adorably after biting into some dish in Barcelona

 

Pages turn and turn and turn until they reach the end.

 

Something like exasperation fills her voice as she turns to him again.  “Any of these places will be great, we just have to pick one.”

 

“I know.  But none of them are perfect.”

 

The guarded expression melts away and she reaches over for a kiss.  “Then we’ll keep looking,” she promises, dialing the agency’s number from the back of the pamphlet.  “Hello?  Yes, hi, this is Karen Fillipelli… I was wondering if you had any other honeymoon location suggestions for my fiancé and me.  Yeah, we looked through the book, but…”

 

Watching her he tries to hope that there’s someplace on the globe he wouldn’t be able to imagine her loving.

 

 XxXxXxXxXxXxX


WingWoman is the author of 5 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans