- Text Size +

She couldn't believe they were finally here. She had imagined it so many times. Everyone does of course. All little girls picture this day. She just hadn't pictured it like this. Or with him. But here she was, and here he was, and nothing had ever felt so right in her life.

It had taken them so long to get to this point that there had been times when she had felt like it wasn't even worth it. Even after they had finally gotten together, a feat that had taken them several years, they had spent even longer working out all the rough patches in their relationship. It seemed like fate, or whatever, had wanted to pay them back for how easy it had been when they first became friends, by making them agonize over reaching this point. But when she saw the way his eyes lit up as she made her way down the aisle she knew every stupid little fight, every threat one of them had made to back out, every night she'd spent in tears had been worth if for the moment they were sharing right now.

The ceremony itself seemed to take forever, and she was glad someone was taping it because she knew she'd only remember little bits and pieces. Like the smell of violets and roses mixed with orange blossoms and the way the sunlight filtered through the trees overhead to form shifting patterns on the grass.

She tried to pay attention to the words, but to her they were only the official way of stating an agreement that the two of them had already made. She wanted this to last forever, and she knew he wanted that too. Both of them had privately promised each other to do whatever it would take to make that happen.

Startled out of her daydreams, she realized everyone was looking at her. She caught Jim's half-smothered, mocking smile out of the corner of her eye as she quickly said, "I do."

And then it was time. He turned to her with a look of such pure joy, and she knew that look was mirrored on her own face. With a little rush of giddiness she reached her hand up to his familiar cheek and quietly sighed with content as he lowered his lips to hers.

He kept his face close after pulling away. Then their eyes locked and he suddenly moved toward her again to kiss the corner of her mouth before gently sliding his tongue across her bottom lip. She was so surprised that she barely heard the roar of approval from their family and friends. She knew he had meant to keep it fairly chaste, but as his tongue moved along hers she honestly didn't mind the change in plans. When they reluctantly pulled away he whispered "I love you Pam Halpert."

Beaming up at him, she knew it was the perfect first kiss for their new beginning.

Chapter End Notes:
Keep reading, there's more! :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans