- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer:  I don't own anything office related, but i'm hoping to get a bobblehead for my birthday.  No copywrite infringement intended.

 

 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer:  I don't own anything office related, but i'm hoping to get a bobblehead for my birthday.  No copywrite infringement intended.

“There’s a lot less booze in here than I remember,” Michael said as he leaned down to get a better look into the cabinet.  Pam couldn’t help noticing Meredith nervously looking around the kitchenette.  “Oh well, this’ll still make for a fun shin-dag, am I right people? Am I right, right, right?”  He barked that last part as he walked out towards the conference room with as many bottles as he could carry.  Jim’s eyes were big and he had on one of those “Oh, Brother” smirks as he looked over at Pam.  She just smiled, shook her head and shrugged.  What can you do, she thought.  That’s Michael.  He was ready to celebrate because while up on the roof, he had stared death right in the eyes, and death blinked.  This called for a celebration.

 

Toby had left early to pick up his daughter from school so Michael thought it would be the perfect time to have a cocktail hour after work.  Almost everyone else had stuck around, with the exception of Stanley, who could have cared less, and Karen, who had had a haircut appointment and didn’t feel like losing anymore money in case the betting was to continue. 

 

It had been a good day.  Pam couldn’t remember the last time the entire office had banded together like that.  She thought for a moment while sipping her vodka tonic and a vision of the closing ceremonies of the Office Olympics entered her head.  She smiled and let herself enjoy the memory as she swayed a little to the music playing.  Her drink had just kicked in and she was feeling pretty good.  Jim stepped over to her, with drink in hand, and asked her how she was going to spend her winnings from the day’s games.  “Oh, you know,” she said.  “I think I’ll take my $10 and splurge on a Starbuck’s card or something equally fabulous.”  He was grinning at her, and she knew what she had said wasn’t that witty, and that he wasn’t that drunk.  “What?”

“You do realize what’s still out in the parking lot, don’t you?” 

 

“Um, a smashed watermelon, a crumpled trampoline and the medieval moon bounce?”  As she spoke she could see his wheels turning.  “Ready?”

“Absolutely,” he nodded, and off they went down the hall giggling.

Chapter End Notes:

uploading as i go, will update soon.  please R&R!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans