- Text Size +

Pam stood in front of him, the fire pit that wasn't too far away illuminating her face.

He had watched her transformation for a while now. From a little mouse who didn't know how to speak up if a shoe was about to drop on it to a brave woman, hell bent on getting what she wanted.

She was tired of being pushed around and not noticed. Of being taken for granted. So she was stepping over to the other side.

Tonight, in front of everyone, she was telling him what's what with them. She was demanding that she know what was going on with him - she wasn't going to take anymore of his act.

Surprisingly enough, Jim liked the change. Pam was one of the rare people who knew how to get what she wanted without being a bully. Without hurting others. She could still be on top without anyone getting injured on the way up.

He admired that. It was something that even he struggled with often.

Everyone was staring at her. Staring at them. He could see Kelly's mouth clearly opened in visible surprise. He could feel Angela's intrigued glare burning through the side of his head.

He was proud of his buddy, his love. He didn't even mind that Karen looked like she was casting a death wish upon the lonely receptionist.

He loved Pam. He always knew, but finally, he was beginning to accept it again. To unlock his tightly walled up heart. To understand. He still loved her. He loved how pure and caring and sweet she was.

 

He loved Pam. Even when she was angry, hurt or just trying to get her fair share, she was no bully.

XxXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXxXxX


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans