- Text Size +
Story Notes:

So, this got deleted somehow on my computer, before I posted it. So, now it’s kind of old and not really relevant. I guess it could be a post “Beach Games” pre “The Job.” But I wrote it long before that…Anyways, I rescued it from my recycle bin, and posted it.

I don’t own anything.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta'd by Miss Daisy :). Thanks!

It was finally comfortable with Pam again. Not their friendship of years past, but a step up from the tension filled months following the merger. Slowly, Jim had come to move past his feelings with Pam and focus on Karen. Karen, in turn, had stopped being so jealous every time Jim smiled at Pam. Life was better for both of them as they adjusted to this new trust in their relationship.

For Pam, it wasn’t as easy. She was so happy, so sure of change, the first time Jim visited for jellybeans. That night, she had stopped off at the store to get a giant bag of Jelly bellies – the first new bag she had bought in months. Yet, as the week went on, although Jim still came for jellybeans, he still went home with Karen. The change wasn’t as different as she had wanted. Still, she relished the fact that she could talk to Jim again, if only as a friend. He was always interested in hearing about her art classes, and even attended her second show with Karen.

This Friday, however, Pam woke up knowing something needed to change. It was just the next step. Step one was to get back her friend. Step two was to let him know that she wanted more than that also. Even as she realized this, she thought it was stupid. She was finally happy with her life, and Jim was happy in his. Why rock the boat?

Work was normal that day. Jim visited around noon, and took two jellybeans, “So, Beesly, what’re your plans for the weekend?”

“Going to visit my mom. Just a relaxing weekend at home.”

“Meaning, let mommy do all the cooking and cleaning?” Jim asked playfully.

“That’s the best part of going home, isn’t it?”

“Exactly. I bring all my laundry home every weekend.”

Pam smiled as Jim walks back to his desk. Everything was great the way it was… no need to disrupt the balance they struck.

Karen left work early, going shopping for a romantic evening with Jim. Since it was Friday, most of the other workers left a bit early also. Michael had left with a big smile on his face shortly after Jan had called.

Pam was almost ready to leave as Jim started to pack up. “Hey, Jim?” she asked, hesitation in her voice.

“Yeah?”

Pam walked towards him, the courage from that morning returning. “Just, one thing before I leave…” Pam wrapped her arms around his neck, lowering his head to hers. After taking a deep breath, Pam kissed him with everything she had been holding back that past year.

When the kiss ended, what seemed like minutes later, Pam just turned and walked out of the office, without looking back.

Jim could only stare in amazement as the door swung shut.
Chapter End Notes:

I am thinking about continuing this… but not sure. (I will admit while submitting this I got an idea for chapter 2… so it may be continued faster than I think.)

BUT marking it as complete because I don’t know, and it was originally a oneshot.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans