- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So this is just a short and sweet little story that popped into my crazy head while I was at work for a few hours today and was just begging to be written.  I figured it's more fun to write than my homework so yeah :)  Enjoy the craziness.

Many wonderful thanks go to my crazy partners in crime EmilyHalpert and BeckySue for being pretty darn awesome and sharing ESPN with me ;)  You both rock!

And unless something has changed since 10 o'clock, I still do not own The Office or anything related.  Boo.

 

Pam looked around her workspace, hoping no one would notice.

 

Michael walked in and took off his suit coat.  “Whew, it’s like the Mojave out there today, Pam!”

 

“Yep, it’s hot outside.” She stared at her computer, praying silently that Michael would just walk away from reception and into the confines of his office. 

 

But he didn’t.

 

“What is it, Michael?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

He still didn’t leave her desk.  She looked up at Michael and saw his face was scrunched up and seemed as if he was trying really hard to remember something.

 

“Do you need help with something, Michael." She paused.  "There aren’t any messages for you yet.”

 

“No, no.  It’s just – are you sure you didn’t wear that– no, nevermind.”

 

He turned and walked in the direction of his office and noticed an equally tired-looking Jim at his desk.

 

“Late night, Jimbo?”

 

Jim turned and glanced at Pam.  He quickly turned to Michael and replied, “Nope, just…. Busy.  Lots to do” He tapped the papers on his desk with his pencil.  Jim swiveled in his chair, in hopes to have Michael continue into his office.  Michael began to walk into the doorway when he suddenly gasped and quickly spun on his heel.

 

“You wore that outfit yesterday, Pam!”

 

“What are you talking about Michael?  I didn’t wear this yesterday”  Pam’s face was beginning to become slightly rosy and her hand flew to her neck to fiddle with her necklace charm.

 

“No, I know it, because I said to you yesterday that that shirt made your boobs look just like—“

 

“Nope, I think you’re thinking of someone else”

 

“Really?  Huh.  No, I’m pretty sure –“

 

“No, Michael.  I did not wear this yesterday.”

 

“Okay, Pam, whatever you say.” Micahel finally retreated to his office.  The rest of the office returned to their previous tasks and began to get back to work.

 

Jim opened his e-mail and found one new message:

 

“See?  I told you someone would notice!”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!

Rule #1: Always bring a set of clothes!

More to follow :)  Feel free to suggest more rules.  I'm open for ideas.



WildBerryJam is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Rules of Relationships also liked 1170 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans